Options to renew/extend Non Imm O visa.(In current covid situation)

Question for Ubonjoe  ???  My single entry Non O visa (dependant children )is due to expire 8th February. What are my options to obtain a further 90 days stay?In previous years I have done this by applying for an extension at my local Surin immigration office or making a new visa in Laos. If it makes any difference to my visa situation I will be getting married before the end of this January?? Thanks in advance

IMG_20210119_213922_0.jpg

UJ's an early to bed, early to rise type.

Once married you can apply for a 60 day extension to visit Thai wife.

You can also apply for a 1 year extension based on marriage. Requires 400K deposited in a Thai bank for 2 months prior the application , or 2 x 40K overseas monthly transfers for the first extension.

Depending on your nationality, you may be able to obtain an Embassy Income letter as an alternative.

12 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Once married you can apply for a 60 day extension to visit Thai wife.

If his child is Thai he can apply for a 60 day extension to visit them and a one year extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai (it is not a dependent visa or extension of stay since one does not exist).

58 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

(it is not a dependent visa or extension of stay since one does not exist).

With the greatest of respect, never have I, or would I suggest a 'dependant' Visa or extension exists.

Same as I would never use the terms, Retirement or Marriage Visa as they don't exist.

I know better.

I never mention applying based on Thai child, as the child would then also have to attend Immigration.

Personally I'd never want to drag kids around those offices if I had an alternative.

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

With the greatest of respect, never have I, or would I suggest a 'dependant' Visa or extension exists.

My comment was not directed at you.

I never mention applying based on Thai child, as the child would then also have to attend Immigration.

Personally I'd never want to drag kids around those offices if I had an alternative.

Sometimes getting married is not always possible and I prefer to offer all options.

hi all ..last week i was denied my first one year extension in Udon Thani.. the birth certificate with my name on it was not sufficient..i was asked to provide a certificate of legitimization....now back to the cold and locked Switzerland 

Thanks for the info.... Yes my children are Thai. I think applying for a 1 year extension of stay is the option for me as the 60 days wouldnt be enough before I return to work in mid April.Do I need to show financial docs for the 1 year extension?? I did a 60 day extension about 2 years ago but didn't have to show and financial statement then.

29 minutes ago, maxbaron said:

hi all ..last week i was denied my first one year extension in Udon Thani.. the birth certificate with my name on it was not sufficient..i was asked to provide a certificate of legitimization....now back to the cold and locked Switzerland 

Were you applying for an extension based upon being the parent of a Thai. If yes you need to have a Thai birth certificate for them.

If you were married to their mother you do not need to have your parenthood legitimized.

30 minutes ago, maxbaron said:

Yes, that's the case in Thailand.... being named as the father on the birth certificate doesn't have the same legal standing as it would in many European country's. You can apply to get this certificate of legitimization through the courts system in the province your child is registered in.

18 minutes ago, notyoubignose said:

Thanks for the info.... Yes my children are Thai. I think applying for a 1 year extension of stay is the option for me as the 60 days wouldnt be enough before I return to work in mid April.Do I need to show financial docs for the 1 year extension?? I did a 60 day extension about 2 years ago but didn't have to show and financial statement then.

You need to have 400k baht a Thai bank on the day you apply for the extension. Or proof of 40k baht income.

I suggest you try to apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension instead of one to visit your child. Unless they extend the order for them the last day they can be applied for is the 29th. 

Then apply for the 60 day extension to visit your child later. You can only apply for one per entry to the country.

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You need to have 400k baht a Thai bank on the day you apply for the extension. Or proof of 40k baht income.

I suggest you try to apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension instead of one to visit your child. Unless they extend the order for the last day the can be done is the 29th. 

Then apply for the 60 day extension to visit your child later. You can only apply for one per entry to the country.

Thanks ubonjoe...so to get this straight in my tiny mind......I can apply for the covid 19 extension before the 29th January (60 days) AND later apply for the extension to visit with my children (60 days)!!??

What documentation do I have to produce for the covid 19 extension?

6 minutes ago, notyoubignose said:

What documentation do I have to produce for the covid 19 extension?

It can depend upon the office where you apply.

Most will want a completed TM30 report.

Copies of you your passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

And a completed affidavit stating the reason you require the extension they will give to you.

17 hours ago, maxbaron said:

Normally it should be possible for you to apply for a 60-day covid-19 extension (has to be done before 29th of January, as it is not fully certain that Immigration will prolonge that option).

And that would hopefully give you sufficient time to legalize that required birth certificate of your Thai child through the courts.  Probably useful to engage a lawyer in order to speed up the process, so that it would be settled by the time you need to apply either for a 60-day extension (if you did not already use that) or for a 1-year extension of stay for reason of Thai dependent children.

27 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

And that would hopefully give you sufficient time to legalize that required birth certificate of your Thai child through the courts. 

The birth certificate does not need to be legalized. If needed he would need to legitimize his parenthood if he was not married to the mother of his child. If his child is 7 years old or older it can be done at a Amphoe instead of a court.

He mentioned going back to Switzerland so I am not sure what he meant by that. If his child does not have a Thai birth certificate that will be the first thing that needs to be done.L

28 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Probably useful to engage a lawyer in order to speed up the process, so that it would be settled by the time you need to apply either for a 60-day extension (if you did not already use that) or for a 1-year extension of stay for reason of Thai dependent children.

Legitimization is not required for a 60 day extension to visit his child.

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You need to have 400k baht a Thai bank on the day you apply for the extension...

Does this mean that when doing 1 year extension as being parent of Thai child no need to have that 400k two months before applying? 

7 minutes ago, Topah said:

Does this mean that when doing 1 year extension as being parent of Thai child no need to have that 400k two months before applying? 

Yes

There is no requirement for the money to be in the bank for any amount if time for that extension application.

He stated he was getting married before the end of January, hence I advised applying based on grounds of marriage, then all the legal aspects of legitimisation as the father are non applicable.

I think you are confusing my original post with that of the man from Switzerland!!

26 minutes ago, notyoubignose said:

I think you are confusing my original post with that of the man from Switzerland!!

Apologies, but the same applies to your situation as that of the Swiss guy.

If your children were born out of wedlock then Immigration will not accept your name on the child's birth certificate as being the legitimate father for a 1 year extension.

You stated you were getting married, I assume to the Mother of your child?

Not the same situation....I legitimized my children's papers many years ago...I care for my children alone and will marry next weekend but not to the mother of my children. I already explained the process of becoming legal father to the Swiss man in a previous post.

29 minutes ago, notyoubignose said:

@ubonjoewhat, if any is the advantage of doing a covid extension. (60 days) and a further 60 day extension to visit with my children as opposed to making a one year extension?.I would be in a position to show the 400k baht next week, but most likely not at a later date.

No advantage if you can do the one year extension.

If not then the 60 covid extension would be best since you would not be using you one and only 60 day extension to visit your wife.

Archived