Netizens complain after Let’s Go Halves registration is full in 10 minutes

webfact

7 minutes ago, sandyf said:

That is the same as my my wife, 2000 on the 18th and 1000/week. It is credited to the app and you have to pay with the app but she said you can spend full amount, not have to add your own money to the app.

BTW it was 2000 rebate on the meter and we got that, and we have just about used up our 3500 on the 50/50. It was 3000 and they added another 500.

Okay, sounds like it might be a goer this time then.

2000 on the meter ?, it was a while ago ,I forgot the figures.

She couldn’t get on the 50/50, none of her family either, I guess only so many were allotted ?

4 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

My gf was just waffling about this and how she gets 2,000 initially and then 1,000 every 7 or 10 days, think it is a discount on bought goods, as in the 50/50 thingy and not cash in hand .

Not too sure as my eyes started to glaze over after a few minutes

I did ask her if she got the 5,000 from Prayut, rebate for the electric meter , the 3,000 promised from the Tessabahn or qualified for the previous 50/50 scheme ??

I think she got my point.

But, hopefully this one will work out and faith in the government will be restored ..... ????

Just wait.

Soon, wife will tell you, that you could match the government's generosity. 555

Surprised that she spoke about. Usually an unexpected "windfall" is not mentioned.

7 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Okay, sounds like it might be a goer this time then.

2000 on the meter ?, it was a while ago ,I forgot the figures.

She couldn’t get on the 50/50, none of her family either, I guess only so many were allotted ?

Yes, when we built the house in 2009 we had to pay 2000 to have the meter installed and that is what we got back.

I am not sure how many ended up on 50/50 but it was done in 3 stages. We registered for the "We Travel Together" scheme when it started in July so when the 50/50 came along, I think early Sept, we were already set up and my wife was one of the first. There was no hurry in the beginning as I think many were scared of it. Paying by QR code!!, like a jump into outer space for a large part of the population, but the pandemic restrictions have gone a long way to educate. Took several weeks for the first allocation to fill up, my wife did many registrations in that time. When they did the second allocation, 16th Nov?, I think it was about 5 million which went in a couple of hours, my wife got a few for relatives. That was when the additional 500 came about.

It was the 3rd allocation that was relatively small and went in a few minutes that got all the media attention.

They have always been a goer, there is still a fair amount of availability on the travel scheme.

• Like 1