Chinese man arrested after 300 million baht's worth of fake designer sunglasses seized in Thonburi

webfact

Chinese man arrested after 300 million baht's worth of fake designer sunglasses seized in Thonburi

4pm.jpg

Picture: DSI

A DSI raid on two locations in Thonburi on Tuesday netted fake designer sunglasses worth 300 million baht. 

Four rooms at the Dao Khanong Condominium and the BMC Dao Khanong Cinema were searched. 

Around 3 million items were found. 

ebf2d7beee241233e002ab56e44d17d8.jpg

Products read like a who's who of designer goods: Ray Ban, Gucci, Oakley, Chanel, Christian Dior, D&G, Cartier, Mont Blanc, Armani, Fendi, Gentle Monster, Celine and Versace.

Chang Lee Lee, 42, from China was arrested after importing the goods from abroad. 

Source: DSI

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-01-20

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, JoePai said:

Question :

Why do members of the Department of Special Investigation need to be parachutists?

Like in some US Police forces if they are/were jump qualified (in the military) they are allowed to wear them on their uniforms.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

You for real with your post?

Sod all to do with the military here, jump off a 2mtr platform they get the wings, or as already been pointed out, buy them on the local market, same as all the female teachers wearing medal ribbons here, 200 baht on the market.

In most cases but if you're not some senile old gimp you'd recognize the different categories of the jump wings worn and what they actually mean.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

You for real with your post?

Sod all to do with the military here, jump off a 2mtr platform they get the wings, or as already been pointed out, buy them on the local market, same as all the female teachers wearing medal ribbons here, 200 baht on the market.

Have you any idea what those medal ribbons mean Colin?

I think they're pretentious & irritating.

Nice insult from kh real, I see.....!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JoePai said:

Question :

Why do members of the Department of Special Investigation need to be parachutists?

The guy could have earned his wings whilst being in the military, perhaps as an older guy he now works in the DSI.

Our lad has been in a few different police jobs, he has a couple of extra badges, no wings though....????

In Tapachan market neat the emerald Buddha, there is a uniform making shop with several buckets full of emblems, insignia and decorations of all shapes, colors and meaning and the shop owner said you can anything you like to put on your uniforms, I kid you not...  

The guy in the picture is the top shot in the DSI, in another shot you could see 4 different DSI emblems and patches on his uniform like do not mistake me for someone else yeah?...

Edited by ezzra
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, 4reaL said:

In most cases but if you're not some senile old gimp you'd recognize the different categories of the jump wings worn and what they actually mean.

You saying i am senile?????

Well now not nice saying things like that, you might upset me.:cheesy:????:cheesy:????:cheesy:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, transam said:

The guy could have earned his wings whilst being in the military, perhaps as an older guy he now works in the DSI.

Our lad has been in a few different police jobs, he has a couple of extra badges, no wings though....????

Red Bull gives you wings (Or so I'm told)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 4reaL said:

Even some of the uniformed ladies down at our local Amphur office wear wings. How many categories are you talking about Mister?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

4pm.jpg

A DSI raid on two locations in Thonburi on Tuesday netted fake designer sunglasses worth 300 million baht. 

Four rooms at the Dao Khanong Condominium and the BMC Dao Khanong Cinema were searched. 

Around 3 million items were found. 

ebf2d7beee241233e002ab56e44d17d8.jpg

Products read like a who's who of designer goods: Ray Ban, Gucci, Oakley, Chanel, Christian Dior, D&G, Cartier, Mont Blanc, Armani, Fendi, Gentle Monster, Celine and Versace.

Chang Lee Lee, 42, from China was arrested after importing the goods from abroad. 

Source: DSI

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-01-20

Sounds like a shady character to me.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, 4reaL said:

Okay clever clogs, here's your next assignment, should you wish to accept it, if either you or any of your team are caught the department will deny any knowledge of your existence ????

Please fill us in in the different styles of wings and what they mean or signify, just for us old gimps okay, pretty please ????????????

Edited by Golden Triangle
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Catkiwi said:

Even some of the uniformed ladies down at our local Amphur office wear wings. How many categories are you talking about Mister?

Most do wear tower jump wings and that is a bit silly, yet most here would not even have the ballz to even do that but keep running your mouths.

I'll save 4reaL confusion and post an Engrish link:

http://www.nationreligionking.com/police/borderpatrol/paru/airbornetraining/

jumpmaster.jpg

Edited by 4reaL

On 1/20/2021 at 11:04 AM, 4reaL said:

Like in some US Police forces if they are/were jump qualified (in the military) they are allowed to wear them on their uniforms.

Several teachers and civil servants I know wear them on their uniforms. None were in the military or jump qualified. I was told, rightly or wrongly, they had done a course in which they jump of a para training tower x number of times. I suspect some never even did this. None had jumped from an aeroplane.