how to delete old topic and posts?

villageidiotY2K

You can't it, could totally screw up the flow and legibility of threads if people could throw a tantrum and delete "their" historical content ("their" in quotes as once posted it's not theirs anymore, it's  the sites).

Edited by Salerno
  • Like 2

I put comments on another forum about 8 years ago, detailing some of my exploits in Thailand. My then recently ex wife did a google search of my email address and guess what. Funny stories to relate to your mates but not so funny to your ex wife. One of the threads I participated in was "funny things you have heard Thai girls say". Anyway, luckily the discovery was a few days after our amicable property settlement. Things wouldn't have gone so smoothly after. She did however take screenshots and show my 2 daughters, work colleagues and boss. No amount of pleading would get the moderators to delete my in hindsight stupid comments. I often wonder what some of the contributors here are thinking making negative or incriminating comments about things. It's in writing, easy to find and usually in the public domain for a long time

1 minute ago, Kenny202 said:

I put comments on another forum about 8 years ago, detailing some of my exploits in Thailand. My then recently ex wife did a google search of my email address and guess what. Funny stories to relate to your mates but not so funny to your ex wife. One of the threads I participated in was "funny things you have heard Thai girls say". Anyway, luckily the discovery was a few days after our amicable property settlement. Things wouldn't have gone so smoothly after. She did however take screenshots and show my 2 daughters, work colleagues and boss. No amount of pleading would get the moderators to delete my in hindsight stupid comments. I often wonder what some of the contributors here are thinking making negative or incriminating comments about things. It's in writing, easy to find and usually in the public domain for a long time

sue her for defamation.

taking screenshots and showing them around is a criminal offense.

• Haha 1