Nigerian on overstay arrested for bank fraud

webfact

Nigerian on overstay arrested for bank fraud

3pm.jpg

Picture: Komchadluek

A report from Komchadluek about the activities of Thai immigration said they were keeping Thailand safe from law breaking Thais and foreigners on the orders of PM Prayut Chan-ocha, DPM Prawit Wongsuwon and RTP chief Gen Suwat Chaengyodsuk. 

They accomplished this by arresting M Chuks, 44, for bank fraud.

Via email Chuks, a Nigerian national on overstay, had contacted three victims in Phuttamonthon and Bang Yai in the areas surrounding Bangkok. 

3pm1.jpg

Picture: Komchadluek

He got their bank details then used them to get OTPs and then emptied their bank accounts. 

The victims had accounts with SCB and TMB banks.

His flat in Ramkhamhaeng was searched and he was subsequently arrested on a warrant issued in Nakhon Pathom. 

The media urged the public to continue to call 1178 to report wrongdoing. 

Source: Komchadluek

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-01-20

10 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

Ok, so many will say bad man and other things, but the victims are sometimes no better. Greed is what drives them. Think about the email offers we receive: Often someone saying help is needed to take money out of country, illegally or to avoid tax or for some other suspicious means. Those who agree to do so for promised money agree to participate in act they know would be wrong. Yes, it is crime to steal, but also is a crime to knowingly support criminal act.

Who supported him to overstay?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai immigration were keeping Thailand safe from law breaking Thais and foreigners on the orders of PM Prayut Chan-ocha, DPM Prawit Wongsuwon and RTP chief Gen Suwat Chaengyodsuk

I just had to repost this. Flowers, hugs and kisses can't express my feelings adequately..., a carton of rotten eggs on the other hand...

• Like 1

Some 20 years ago I was a Director of Studies in  private school in China. One day a young Nigerian came in looking for a job, which was unusual as most applicants arranged the job from their home country then we flew them in.

Anyway he asked right up front if he could make one call home as he had had to leave in a hurry. Turned out he was a great guy and a good teacher (although some schools I sent him out to sent him back as he was not blonde and blue eyed) and the hurry to leave was because of numerous attempts by opposing factions to machete him to death. He is still in Chine (I think) and married a Nigerian girl.

Another young American female teacher fell for a Nigerian and moved him in to the school apartment without permission. Things started to go missing straight away and in the pub one night with her he bragged that he was filling TV carcases with watches etc and shipping them home. I had to interview him to allow him to stay with her, and when I asked for his passport he offered me 5 from 5 different countries. Had no choice but to temrinate the girls contract as she insisted he be allowed to stay in her digs, despite knowing he was a crim.

So one good one bad Nigerian.

Edited by Saltire