Covid casualties in Pattaya: Major hotels temporarily closed

webfact

Covid casualties in Pattaya: Major hotels temporarily closed

8pm1.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

Thai media Manager published pictures of three major hotels in the Pattaya area that are now temporarily shut because of the pandemic. 

They are the Hard Rock, Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort and the Dvaree.

8pm2.jpg

Thaivisa reported their temporary closure earlier.

8pm3.jpg

Source: Manager Online

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-01-20

Ah, ha...what goes around comes around.  I got ripped off by one of these hotels in November - paid for Executive Club package (usual deal), and there was nothing like the normal package...and no refund or reduction for the next stay (which will never happen) -  so, quietly satisfied.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Oldie said:

I expect a lot of increased prices for tourists when Covid is over. They need to cover then losses from Covid times. And I am not only thinking about hotels. Perhaps even Noi from Soi 6?

if there is a Soi 6 left by then, that is...

Soi6 depends on Pattaya tourism and Pattaya tourism depends on the world tourism, and the world tourism depends on the eradication of this virus.

The last I checked, almost 10 countries are dealing with their own "national" strain of new and aggressive 2020 and 2021 mutations. So the producers of the vaccine slammed on the brakes, as they're unsure if the vaccine developed and produced before these mutations will be effective!

Edited by pattayadude
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, TSF said:

Maybe when the covid pandemic is finally over and foreign tourists return to Thailand and the tourism industry picks up again, Thais will have learned to treasure their tourists.

any chance i can grab a bottle of hopium off you ? im willing to pay top dollar. 

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, Oldie said:

I expect a lot of increased prices for tourists when Covid is over. They need to cover then losses from Covid times. And I am not only thinking about hotels. Perhaps even Noi from Soi 6?

For old whingers Noi will keep her rate stable and charge you with the ugly surcharge

• Haha 1

On 1/20/2021 at 11:28 AM, TSF said:

Maybe when the covid pandemic is finally over and foreign tourists return to Thailand and the tourism industry picks up again, Thais will have learned to treasure their tourists.

Maybe when the covid pandemic is finally over and foreign tourists return to Thailand and the tourism industry picks up again, Thais will have learned to treasure a diverse economic base more than their tourists, who will in the meantime have learned to treasure Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/21/2021 at 3:02 PM, BigStar said:

Maybe when the covid pandemic is finally over and foreign tourists return to Thailand and the tourism industry picks up again, Thais will have learned to treasure a diverse economic base more than their tourists, who will in the meantime have learned to treasure Thailand.

As suggested.