WiFi Antenna connected to a Router

Finlaco

9 minutes ago, Finlaco said:

Hi

Any member currently  using a WiFi Antenna with a  data-only sim, connected to a Router in Thailand?

Any suggestions/advice would  be appreciated.

Thanks

I am sure you will find more information if you call this a SIM Card Router or WLAN Router with SIM card.

This is an example of such a device:

4G-AC68U|Modem Routers|ASUS Global

If you are in Bangkok go to the shop Zonelink in Fortune town level 3. They should have what you are looking for. And they have reasonable prices.

• Like 1

When up in deepest, darkest Buriram and no chance of fixed line internet, I use a TP-Link 4G Router with unlimited 10mbps data sim from AIS at 200 Baht/Month. Stuck it up high in the porch to get the best 4G signal and also to broadcast the WiFi signal around the property and grounds. It works a charm and is fast enough and very reliable for streaming YouTube, Skype calls and LINE video etc. The model is TP-Link Archer MR200 which can be bought online here for about 2,900 Baht.

20191124_091940.jpg

I recently installed a 4G Router with external antenna on a new property we are developing in an area where there is no commercial internet service available. The network is used for general Wifi and as an access point for the Wifi Security cameras. The antenna is installed on a temporary power pole  at 5m above the ground.  The router used a True SIM card with 60gigs a month 4G and was around 1100baht +/-. for one year of service   AIS also has SIM's that are reported to be very reliable, but True provides a stronger signal than AIS at the installation location. 

The router is installed in a W/P box with a exterior vented fan (thermostatically controlled) to prevent overheating. There is also a UPS in another W/P box to provide power in the event of an electrical outage. The electrical service for both is via the temporary power supply on a dedicated RCBO circuit.

The 2 W/P boxes provide additional thermal protection to the router by not having both in the same box. Both boxes are the RACER brand from ThaiWatsadu, the Router is a D-Link, and the antenna is a Wavelink, (see pictures below)

The router and antenna were very easy to install and setup and no issues after about 2 months of service, and I think the 4G router works better than the True Router we have at the house.  

Good Luck!

D-Link.jpg

WALINK.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1