Was Thailand ever the number 1 country to retire to because its not now

superal

25 minutes ago, Oldie said:

If you live here the life that you had before in your western country then many things are more expensive. I would not move to Thailand because it is cheaper. It might be even (much) more expensive. And things like fancy cars - forget it if you don't want to burn your money. Also imported food is expensive as well as many other imported products. Here is also no Aldi or Lidl or any other discounter like this. 

I think what you write is true in terms of buying things i.e. in the supermarket.

But eating out in good restaurants is, as far as I know, still less expensive in Thailand.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Oldie said:

If you live here the life that you had before in your western country then many things are more expensive. I would not move to Thailand because it is cheaper. It might be even (much) more expensive. And things like fancy cars - forget it if you don't want to burn your money. Also imported food is expensive as well as many other imported products. Here is also no Aldi or Lidl or any other discounter like this. 

Thats why we build a dream house farm to our ladies, so we can live good, and go holiday any time anywhere in the world when we feel the need. A good base for some, and for others the only decent options they have. 

Its all about adding contrasts to life.

However many talk about having fun? I really do not get that when I see and hear those who talk about all the fun you can have in thailand. 

What is fun about living in thailand? 

Every activity I do add some colours to my life, but fun? 

Some say I live a boring life since I do not drink, and drinking adding that fun? Really? 

1 hour ago, Oldie said:

I kinda agree with Oldie inasmuch that I would still like to be able to enjoy my favourite foods and drinks . These products are available in Thailand ( talking UK articles ) but at a sometimes ridiculously high price . 
There have been some interesting replies to my post and I have to say that the original link for the "best place to retire table" was a random choice and may well have a streak of bias or conflict of interest .
Place of retirement is governed by your pension/income . If I could afford it I would probably tour Asia for 6 months and another 6 months in  a mediterranean country during the summer months cos for me Thailand is too hot March through to July .   

Living in Thailand pros 
1/  Depending of time of the year and location       the Climate
2/ Living as a local is cheap 
3/ Beautiful women 
4/ Competitive medical procedures 
5/ Availability of some tasty fruit and vegetables 
6/ Cheap motor fuel and vehicle tax/insurance
7/ Cheap hotels 
8/ Cheap internet
9/ some beautiful beaches and scenery
10/ some Thai food 
                                                Cons
1/  Complicated visa rules
2/ Low considerations for expats e.g. property ownership
3/ Multi tiered pricing for farangs 
4/ Dangerous driving conditions 
5/ Corruption
6/ Air pollution 
7/ Noise
8/ communication via Thai language 
9/ Lack of free speech and the penalties 
10/ incompetent public service companies
11/ Lack of health and safety 
12/ Low education in government schools for your children
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Try harder

BB-BestGirls.png.0c7788cf12e5dc26274a8ec879f2828b.png

I never felt that as fun sitting shoulder to shoulder with men drinking and looking at girls in bikini, toppless or naked. Im sorry that is not what i consider fun. Well when I was 16 in Minnesota it was extatic, but at 19 in florida, I just felt not comfortable when my buddy bought me a lapdance. But I had gf at the time so, and useally I had a girfriend wherever I travelled for jumping. Either travelled with me, or I had one local.

maybe Im just different. Spent my whole youth skijumping, training boxing, Start skydiving at 17, base jumping at 19, and did not find drinking or doing drugs exciting anymore after done it a few times. What I like to do, is meeting people with same passion, and travelling with my gf. But fun anymore? What is fun, really, tell me. 

I enjoy life thats it, 

Edited by Tagged
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, Oliver Holzerfilled said:

Are these westerners in India there for cheap and easy sex just like their sexually frustrated brethren who migrate half way across the world to Pattaya?  I was only briefly in India one time so I have no personal knowledge.  But I'm acquainted with a hard core alcohol, prescription drug and sex addict who spent two weeks in India at an IT training seminar and he said didn't get laid.  This guy is good looking and dresses well and has no trouble pulling birds in the US and SE Asia so I was a little surprised.  Shocked actually that this total degenerate didn't find a way to engage in some form of sexual activity whether free or for a fee during the course of two weeks.

well, let me tell how it works.  a history lesson and other stuff. not in sequential order. 

There used to be a time when unmarried couples couldn't find a hotel. Indians have a thing to poke in other people's business. So if u r a foreigner, working in india and some random girl visits your apartment, the neighbours might have an objection.

for many years there are "couple friendly" hotels which do not bother if u r married or not. Again, imagine u staying in Goa, the hotel would simply not allow u to bring in a girl. 

Most girls on indian apps are fake. Indian women do not generally fancy having sex with a foreigner and those who fancy it may find it hard to get it in India. Look at the same girls in western universities. You would always find them hanging out with a non indian guy. 

Virginity is still a thing in India and many indian girls don't wanna loose it until they are married. Most marriages are still arranged by parents in India. 

Indian girls have sex when they are in love. These days a lot of Indian girls have a boyfriend and have sex. Even in smaller towns. But if you look around metros, you might see some girls with a white guy. They are usually colleagues. 

Things are different in India. 

That is why you would see loads of Indian men around Pattaya beach looking for women.  It is still hard about the casual sex thing in India. Even though there are couple friendly hotels, many men try to avoid it because they are scared someone might see them. 

There is a neo-liberal society developing in India, both girls and boys are  educated and earning and don't mind living together without marriage. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ron jeremy said:

Without question first time in a gogo 

hate to see the bar tab!????????

That doesn't look like a gogo bar to me.

And about the tab: Imagine it would be 30,000B, including shagging those three birds. I am sure sometime in our lives many of us wasted more than 1,000 USD for less fun.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2021 at 8:18 AM, ChakaKhan said:

Is this a red light district? ????

It's a golf course. I suppose it could be a red light district too, if you listen to one farang there who boasts of shagging all the caddies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

It's a golf course. I suppose it could be a red light district too, if you listen to one farang there who boasts of shagging all the caddies.

I remember a story about a dead Thai multimillionaire.

One of the people who claimed she inherited many millions was his caddy.

Obviously I don't know if he shagged her or if she only carried his bag when he played golf.

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I remember a story about a dead Thai multimillionaire.

One of the people who claimed she inherited many millions was his caddy.

Obviously I don't know if he shagged her or if she only carried his bag when he played golf.

Gee, that's a hard one to pick of the two explanations for her new-found wealth.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2021 at 7:54 PM, lovethai123 said:

I would love to be with a malaysian woman, I am not a muslim. They look cute in their modest attire. But I am an intact man, they will know when they see it and might not like it. 

Remember meeting a south Thai woman with some kind of malay roots. She wasn't too happy seeing it. She was used to the ones where they chop off the skin.

Im intact and my gf doesnt care. Malay women are very friendly and quite open with foreigners.

On 1/21/2021 at 8:04 PM, Lacessit said:

Depends on whether they are Malaysian Muslim, or Malaysian Chinese.

Not really, have have been with a few of both, no one cared.

Also, I dont know why you have concerns about it being a muslim country, their religion has zero impact on a foreigner.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sujo said:

Not really, have have been with a few of both, no one cared.

Also, I dont know why you have concerns about it being a muslim country, their religion has zero impact on a foreigner.

are u sure?

look at this video

1:55- 2:30

So they have some kind of ID card which distinguishes a muslim as a non muslim. Probably the religion is mentioned on the ID card . 

This thing is purely apartheid but guess what, apartheid was only in South Africa and Malaysians doing it is totally fine. 

Coz KL is cook place to visit and lot of girls. We could just fly to Malaysia for the weekend and enjoy the "diversity". 

Edited by lovethai123

On 1/22/2021 at 11:34 PM, Tagged said:

I never felt that as fun sitting shoulder to shoulder with men drinking and looking at girls in bikini, toppless or naked. Im sorry that is not what i consider fun. Well when I was 16 in Minnesota it was extatic, but at 19 in florida, I just felt not comfortable when my buddy bought me a lapdance. But I had gf at the time so, and useally I had a girfriend wherever I travelled for jumping. Either travelled with me, or I had one local.

maybe Im just different. Spent my whole youth skijumping, training boxing, Start skydiving at 17, base jumping at 19, and did not find drinking or doing drugs exciting anymore after done it a few times. What I like to do, is meeting people with same passion, and travelling with my gf. But fun anymore? What is fun, really, tell me. 

I enjoy life thats it, 

Agreed..I used to be the Chef at Scores a pretty popular club....all the ladies would be in the back of my kitchen nagging me, smoking up a storm, and talking like sailors...most had the obligatory child seat in the car as well..

My buddy loved to come and visit and get lap dances, he even had 2 euro strippers live with him after i gave up my room for LOS..they drove nice cars and I joked if they paid rent in all singles....i just got creeped out how he could get lap dances from them and then live with them in his house..not like they gave him sex......anyhoo..

My other buddy was the manager and married one of the hostess/waitress gals--she was from vietnam...

• Like 1