Air pollution unsafe in 52 districts around Bangkok, vicinity

webfact

Air pollution unsafe in 52 districts around Bangkok, vicinity

By The Nation

800_4dc044809a4c92d.jpg?v=1611117591

Air pollution in 52 districts around Bangkok and its vicinity hit unsafe levels on Wednesday morning, with PM2.5 readings coming in at 52 to 83 micrograms per cubic metre (μg/m3), the Pollution Control Department reported.

Thailand’s standard for safe levels of PM2.5 (particles less than 2.5 micrometres in diameter) is 50μg/m3.

The 52 districts where air pollution hit unsafe levels are:

Bangkok:

Bang Khun Thian (70μg/m3), Pathumwan (53μg/m3), Thonburi (59μg/m3), Wang Thonglang (61μg/m3), Din Daeng (60μg/m3), Prakanong (65μg/m3), Dusit (55μg/m3), Pom Prap Sattru Phai (63μg/m3), Samphanthawong (57μg/m3), Phaya Thai (54μg/m3), Bang Kho Laem (52μg/m3), Yannawa (57μg/m3), Suan Luang (63μg/m3), Bang Na (66μg/m3), Chatuchak (55μg/m3), Sai Mai (68μg/m3), Bang Kapi (56μg/m3), Lat Krabang (58μg/m3), Min Buri (63μg/m3), Nong Chok (59μg/m3), Prawet (76μg/m3), Khlong San (58μg/m3), Bangkok Yai (66μg/m3), Bangkok Noi (58μg/m3), Taling Chan (68μg/m3), Thawi Watthana (72μg/m3), Nong Khaem (76μg/m3), Bang Bon (68μg/m3), Thung Khru (57μg/m3), Phra Nakhon (57μg/m3), Bang Khen (63μg/m3), Bang Phlat (53μg/m3), Sathon (55μg/m3), Don Mueang (66μg/m3), Khan Na Yao (62μg/m3), Klong Toei (58μg/m3), Bang Sue (57μg/m3), Lat Phrao (55μg/m3), Lak Si (59μg/m3), Saphan Sung (52μg/m3), Bueng Kum (59μg/m3), Khlong Sam Wa (69μg/m3), Chom Thong (59μg/m3) and Bang Khae (64μg/m3).

Samut Prakan:

Phra Pradaeng (57μg/m3), Muang (53μg/m3) and Bang Sao Thong (61μg/m3)

Nonthaburi:

Muang (55μg/m3)

Samut Sakhon:

Krathum Baen (60μg/m3) and Muang (83μg/m3)

Pathum Thani:

Khlong Luang (59μg/m3)

Nakhon Pathom:

Muang Nakhon Pathom (56μg/m3)

People in areas where PM2.5 pollution is bad, especially the elderly, children, and patients with respiratory diseases, have been advised to monitor their health and reduce time spent on outdoor activities.

The PM2.5 situation can be followed via the Air4Thai.com website or smartphone app, or on bangkokairquality.com.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30401515

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-01-20

23 hours ago, smiggley said:

So how many people are going to die from respiratory diseases compared to covid?

Just another example of the complete disregard of the law in Thailand.AS far as I know there are 30 [or more] different

departments of the RTP.

Could someone please point to at least one that is competent in carrying out it's duties?

8 minutes ago, overt2016 said:

Could someone please point to at least one that is competent in carrying out it's duties?

This Thai bashing is getting tiresome. If you have a Thai passport and pay real taxes then maybe...

But I suspect you are as 98.8% are, a visitor here with permission to remain at the discretion of the immigration dept. As a visitor it is polite not to overtly citicise your host(s).

If you are a Thai citizen I suspect there are other avenues for you to whinge about your own country without using a foreign language forum.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

This Thai bashing is getting tiresome. If you have a Thai passport and pay real taxes then maybe...

But I suspect you are as 98.8% are, a visitor here with permission to remain at the discretion of the immigration dept. As a visitor it is polite not to overtly citicise your host(s).

If you are a Thai citizen I suspect there are other avenues for you to whinge about your own country without using a foreign language forum.

How do you know if I am or aren't ?