As he leaves office, Trump pardons former top strategist Bannon

webfact

I think if you were to follow the money a big chunk of it would have gone to Trump. No way does he let a scam like the border wall build take place without getting a big cut. Lets see if the NY AG   charges him.  

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Where does this tradition of pardoning come from? Surely it is completely outdated and not suitable for a country which claims it is the greatest democracy in the world? 

... with a president (for 1 more day only, thank god) who has proclaimed a million times 'I am your president of law and order'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ExpatOK said:

Great that Trump pardoned Bannon. Steve deserved one without a doubt. Lots of political prosecution going on.

Yes. Bannon was such a saint, the Vatican is now considering him for canonization. The work that he did to benefit mankind was staggering. What a guy.

It is more likely he has serious dirt on Don Don, and Trump's foremost concern going forward is going to be attempting to rescue his collapsing mini empire, and staying out of prison. 

3 hours ago, Emdog said:

And now if Bannon is called as a witness in Trump trial, he cannot claim 5th amendment right against self incrimination and will have to testify. If he doesn't he can be indefinitely jailed for contempt of court & if he lies, he could be tried for perjury, neither of which Trump could pardon him for.

He's not exempt from State charges so he can still invoke the 5th.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Paradise Pete said:

He's not exempt from State charges so he can still invoke the 5th.

Are you sure about that? So if Trump is in copurt on federal charges, Bannon can invoke the 5th because he might face state charges? I think this can not be true, many people would be able to do this.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tug said:
15 hours ago, ExpatOK said:

Great that Trump pardoned Bannon. Steve deserved one without a doubt. Lots of political prosecution going on.

Ahhh he was indicted for bilking money off people who were donating money to build his wall lol just to funney 

Hey, if the DT fans are ok with his buddies ripping them off, then it's ok with me!  It helps the rest of us to understand who they are, and why people like DT and Bannon seek their support.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Does this mean he cannot be prosecuted for embezzling all that money from the political funds?.....Surelynot?

I would like to see Biden to commit to no pardons during his administration......set the standard.

Disagree with your call for Biden to foreswear any pardons. I would be more inclined to agree if focused on "political" based crime but ... as long as we have the current judicial system, I must recognize that there is miscarriage of justice for some.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

Disagree with your call for Biden to foreswear any pardons. I would be more inclined to agree if focused on "political" based crime but ... as long as we have the current judicial system, I must recognize that there is miscarriage of justice for some.

There's an entire division within the Dept. of Justice devoted to seeking out cases that are truly worthy of pardons. It has identified thousands of such cases. If anything, there should be more pardons and commutations made. But they should be confined to  those who are not well-connected.

• Like 1

Great move by Trump. Bannon is a master strategist. He was one of the architects of the successful MAGA movement that got minorities back into work, got the economy back on track, all the historic peace deals in the ME etc. I envisage Trump and Bannon teaming up to create a new media platform. One that welcomes free speech and champions America and American people. This will be a wonderful new era, can't wait to see it all roll out and lead up to the 2022 midterms. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Great move by Trump. Bannon is a master strategist. He was one of the architects of the successful MAGA movement that got minorities back into work, got the economy back on track, all the historic peace deals in the ME etc. I envisage Trump and Bannon teaming up to create a new media platform. One that welcomes free speech and champions America and American people. This will be a wonderful new era, can't wait to see it all roll out and lead up to the 2022 midterms. 

Will it have a special weekly spot for QAnon? Kinda like Monday Night Football?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

So you support a criminal who defrauded Americans and took their money? Strange person.

• Like 1