Thailand reports huge drop in new COVID-19 infections

webfact

29 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

So most, if not all, private hospitals offer tests for payment?? Just how low can these people get? Using a pandemic to boost their profits, shame on them. I wonder what their markup on their tests really is, probably about 500%.

Although I have no idea what the markup on the tests is, I can‘t share your harsh criticism of the private hospitals. They are companies that have their expenses, they are not being subsidized by the tax payers and therefore have to charge for their services.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rabas said:

It's a bigger fact that they tested and detected COVID-19 in 61 (sixty one) provinces since the outbreak as of 4 days ago. Link

Unsubstantiated ===> Proven False.

Sorry, but you're wrong. If you had been paying attention to the news daily, like some of us do, you would have already known how many of those cases were found by active case finding, contact tracing and how many were people who turned up at a hospital.

Active case finding is not going on in all the provinces - only the major cities around BKK & Chiang Mai. Active case finding is limited to the ones they know about - confirmed cases and who those people had been in contact with. So a bloke who came from BKK market and went to ubon and met some folks  would appear as a contact trace find.

Now find any active case finding going on in Ubon - there is none.

Edited by 2530Ubon

21 hours ago, petermik said:

Volunteer testers are welcomed...put your name forward :thumbsup:

Went to my physician handling an inner ear problem. He mentioned Covid, and I couldn't wait to tell him how well I was doing and of my complete absence of symptoms. I do not want to be rounded up and put up in some quarantine costing me 100,000 baht or more.

Edited by John Drake
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bermondburi said:

I've posted links to the same information in the past but the posts got removed for some strange reason. ????????????????????

There is no real data showing excess morality in Thailand when compared to previous years.  This has been wrongly claimed several times and disproven.  You quote an 'anit' opinion piece that also shows no real data.

If you think there were excess deaths in Thailand due to covid, please show real data. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rabas said:

There is no real data showing excess morality in Thailand when compared to previous years.  This has been wrongly claimed several times and disproven.  You quote an 'anit' opinion piece that also shows no real data.

If you think there were excess deaths in Thailand due to covid, please show real data. 

You're absolutely right. There have never been any cases of excess morality in Thailand! ????????????

22 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

How many tests were conducted though? 

The way I see it, there are only 2 ways of doing the tests: 

1. Is the way it's done in Thailand - you spot an active case and you test all those who were in contact or in the vicinity of that person. 

2. Clear a very large group of testers, put the whole country in full 100% lockdown and have the testers go door to door testing every last person in the country. Those who test positive and all others in the same household stay in strict isolation until they are clear.

Those who are not infected can go back to normal life. As you clear more people you can enlarge the tests task force and increase the testing rate. 

As the 2nd method is not at all practical we only have the 1st method. 

The way they test in other countries might give more realistic figures of infected people, but it is definitely not more effective in stopping the infection rate, and it ruin more lives in many ways such as financially and socially. 

1 minute ago, bermondburi said:
1 hour ago, rabas said:

You're absolutely right. There have never been any cases of excess morality in Thailand! ????????????

So, as I said, you have no real data. Thank you.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

If you look at the stats, most people, under 75 with no pre- existing conditions, have no symptoms or very mild symptoms, around 80%, its only a very few, around 3-5 % that have severe symptoms, but of course nobody knows what category you would be in. But the odds are definitely in your favor!

Thank God for that outstanding piece of medial information as I don't turn 75 until March 2021.

Looks like I have got a 95% to 97% chance of getting through it unscaved before then if I catch the damn thing..... 55555

3 minutes ago, dcnx said:

I’ll post it if I can find it again, there are excess deaths. Not a lot, but this was months ago. 

Please do. I've seen various claims of data showing excess deaths, all of which was erroneous or maliciously wrong. The data must show death rates during that period for about the last 5 years, not averages or estimates. You need this to prove that any diviation in March 2020 was significantly greater that the expected yearly scatter (variance) in that time. IOW it must be below the noise level. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

So, to what do we attribute these welcome results to? Have they stopped doing surveys and couch counting? A magic wand swept over the Kingdom and Coroni went away? Will we ever know? Will we ever care?

Edited by Magenta408
typo

3 hours ago, John Drake said:

Went to my physician handling an inner ear problem. He mentioned Covid, and I couldn't wait to tell him how well I was doing and of my complete absence of symptoms. I do not want to be rounded up and put up in some quarantine costing me 100,000 baht or more.

Did your inner ear problem clear up too?

5 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Of course they have to charge for their services, I don't think anyone will dispute that, and of course they have their expenses, but after all their expenses are met, what would be their profit margin on coved tests be?

What I am saying is no one should be making a profit on these tests, the whole world is suffering through this, and we should all be in this together, not using it as an excuse to line certain pockets.

Your attitude is in theory laudable, but if we adopt it overall the same has to apply to online services, delivery services and the likes. As long as the charges are not exaggerated, all I can say is, that the way our world keeps on existing and most of the time we enjoy it. Right???

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Magenta408 said:

So, to what do we attribute these welcome results to? Have they stopped doing surveys and couch counting? A magic wand swept over the Kingdom and Coroni went away? Will we ever know? Will we ever care?

The magic wand you speak of is called NO TESTING, thus it did not go away so maybe we will never know, not even the families and friends of the dead casualties.

Those of us possessed with empathy and intelligence will definitely care

23 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

Unsubstantiated? I think not.

It's a fact that they are not testing outside of the big cities close to BKK.

It's a fact that Thais / migrants / farang have to pay for tests in a hospital.

It's a fact that many people have been arrested in Ubon for illegally transporting illegal migrants from the border to BKK.

It's a fact that people were travelling up and down the country over New Year during the 2nd wave.

It's a fact that those sick migrants they found with COVID had to go shopping for basic neccesities like food, water, entertainment. Amazingly the Thai population seems to be immune. 

Good deflection with irrelevant observations, are these your words or not?

"I'm quite tired of reading these BS numbers, anyone else?"

If you consider the numbers in the OP to be BS then you will be able to post figures that you can very easily substantiate.

11 minutes ago, bermondburi said:

Read your posts again and you might get the joke buddy. ????

Lol, got it. I thought I was responding to Muzzique's long winding conspiracy post about excess deaths, etc.  It was so long I didn't notice your succinct joke at the bottom.

On 1/20/2021 at 1:34 PM, Mr Meeseeks said:

How many tests were conducted though? 

That's the only serious question.

I can't remember who first said that fewer tests mean fewer cases, but I strongly suspect he was a complete maroon.

Or perhaps he was an orange.

On 1/20/2021 at 4:50 PM, Jeffr2 said:

Yeah, they're not actively looking for cases unless there's a report from a hospital.  Then they do a pretty good job of contact tracing, testing these people, and trying to stop the spread.

If no new cases at the hospital, then things are looking good.  Perhaps not the best way to do things, but so far, they've done a great job with the virus.  Sure would hate to be in the West right now.

Not all of The West 

Looking good here in Australia now, strict lock downs and MEGA testing did the job.

WHY??? .... a Government that cares and a mostly compliant population, unlike UK and USA and most of Europe 

• Like 1

On 1/21/2021 at 8:25 AM, rabas said:

It's a bigger fact that they tested and detected COVID-19 in 61 (sixty one) provinces since the outbreak as of 4 days ago. Link

Unsubstantiated ===> Proven False.

But but but that can't be true because Thailand isn't testing.