90-day reporting is a mess??

So back in November 2020 I forgot to do my 90-day reporting before the due date so I went to immigration and had that settled, paid the fine of 0 thb thanks to covid something and got a slip of paper with my new due date which is like February 3rd. The due date is approaching and I can't seem to get it done at all online, on the app it says I've overstayed (that can't be right , my visa expires in September this year) and on the website it just tells me to go to immigration. Of course the 1178 hotline is perpetually busy. This is my second day of trying and I'm not sure what I've done wrong, I'd like to avoid going to immigration if I can help it. Is it me or the system? I'm actually panicking lol

9 minutes ago, xsiti said:

The due date is approaching and I can't seem to get it done at all online, on the app it says I've overstayed (that can't be right , my visa expires in September this year) and on the website it just tells me to go to immigration

Just go to immigration, their systems are broken and hardly ever work.

OP, there is a specific window of dates when you can do online reports, you cannot report greater than 2 weeks prior to due date, today is just 2 weeks prior. Try tomorrow. (within the 2 week prior window)

(the window used to be 2 weeks prior through to 1 week prior, but I recall that has changed recently to, I think,  include all of the 2 weeks prior, others can probably confirm the window)

13 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

OP, there is a specific window of dates when you can do online reports, you cannot report greater than 2 weeks prior to due date, today is just 2 weeks prior. Try tomorrow.

(the window used to be 2 weeks prior through to 1 week prior, but I recall that has changed recently to, I think,  include all of the 2 weeks prior, others can probably confirm the window)

You're nearly right. It's actually 15 days before due date, so the O/P should be able to use it from today.

A little over a week ago as I discussed in another OP I could not do my online report like I have for over the past year.  I was told by @ubonjoe that it was probably because my most current extension of stay was done the month after my current 90 day report was done.  So, with this occurring, I made an on-line appointment for the morning of the 18th at MTT.  I arrived at 8 am for my 8:30 am que, walked right in as I was first in Que, because of the online appointment, and met the IO at his desk.  He took less than 5 minutes to review my passport, my current extension of stay and the soon to be expiring 90 day report I had been able to print out from my last on-line report. I was then given a new 90 day receipt with my next reporting date in April. 

Here is the gist of why I had to report to MTT and do it in person. 

As soon as the new date was given to me by the IO I asked him about the online system, and why it would not allow me to complete the latest 90 day report.  He indicated it was due to my previous extensions date of allowed to stay that I had entered into the form on the database when I did my last 90 day on-line report.  Because of this the system believed I was on overstay, and he told me that unless something changes that I will again have to do it in person the first time after I complete my next extension of stay next November.  As I said he indicated that the system thinks that a person might be on overstay since the previous date of stay allowed until used the old extension one has in their passport, and not the new one  as the Until stay date used had already passed.  Apparently the databases for both the 90 day report and the Extensions of stay are not linked and the 90 day on-line report system will not show your current extension of stay until the IO verifies it and inputs it into the 90 day system.  He then advised me that I should have no problem from now on and I can then do the next three 90 day reports on-line, but after the next extension I will more than likely have to appear in person to show my lovely face.  Crazy that they can not link the two databases and for the 90 day system to see the most current extension of stay.  Just wanted to update you folks as to what the IO said and what my experience was at MTT.  On-line booking for an appointment is the way to go nowadays here in Bangkok. 

23 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

A little over a week ago as I discussed in another OP I could not do my online report like I have for over the past year.  I was told by @ubonjoe that it was probably because my most current extension of stay was done the month after my current 90 day report was done.  So, with this occurring, I made an on-line appointment for the morning of the 18th at MTT.  I arrived at 8 am for my 8:30 am que, walked right in as I was first in Que, because of the online appointment, and met the IO at his desk.  He took less than 5 minutes to review my passport, my current extension of stay and the soon to be expiring 90 day report I had been able to print out from my last on-line report. I was then given a new 90 day receipt with my next reporting date in April. 

Here is the gist of why I had to report to MTT and do it in person. 

As soon as the new date was given to me by the IO I asked him about the online system, and why it would not allow me to complete the latest 90 day report.  He indicated it was due to my previous extensions date of allowed to stay that I had entered into the form on the database when I did my last 90 day on-line report.  Because of this the system believed I was on overstay, and he told me that unless something changes that I will again have to do it in person the first time after I complete my next extension of stay next November.  As I said he indicated that the system thinks that a person might be on overstay since the previous date of stay allowed until used the old extension one has in their passport, and not the new one  as the Until stay date used had already passed.  Apparently the databases for both the 90 day report and the Extensions of stay are not linked and the 90 day on-line report system will not show your current extension of stay until the IO verifies it and inputs it into the 90 day system.  He then advised me that I should have no problem from now on and I can then do the next three 90 day reports on-line, but after the next extension I will more than likely have to appear in person to show my lovely face.  Crazy that they can not link the two databases and for the 90 day system to see the most current extension of stay.  Just wanted to update you folks as to what the IO said and what my experience was at MTT.  On-line booking for an appointment is the way to go nowadays here in Bangkok. 

HUH. that actually makes sense, my previous online report was done before my extension last september ... so basically , i need to go to MTT anyway . that was very helpful and explains alot, thank you ! i suppose since everything's in my passport i just need to bring that ? and the old old online report too i suppose..

I have read about the reason being that extension was done and then the online report not possible. 

So how is the following explained.

1. 90 report in person Aug 13 last year.

2. Annual extension (retirement) October 15.

3. Successful online report Oct 30.

4. Currently unable to do online report.

My point is ....since I have done a 90 day report online after my last annual extension why can't I do one now.

BTW have tried the web link and imm app.

Also my current status states stay valid to Nov 2021.

Now another bl**dy trip to MTT.

14 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

He then advised me that I should have no problem from now on and I can then do the next three 90 day reports on-line

Not in my case.

ext stay

next 90 day report  - cannot do online, went to MTT, done in person

2nd 90 day report - canot do online, went to MTT, done in person

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Not in my case.

ext stay

next 90 day report  - cannot do online, went to MTT, done in person

2nd 90 day report - canot do online, went to MTT, done in person

WTH, the system is definitely messed up since they did their system update....ugh.  If that happens the next time to me, I will schedule another 8:30 am on-line appointment so I am in and out again and do not have to sit through a que.  It was fairly packed on Monday, not just expats, but all others needing 90 day reports from outside of the 4 countries which must go elsewhere.

17 hours ago, xsiti said:

I'm not sure what I've done wrong, I'd like to avoid going to immigration if I can help it.

question and answer?

sometimes life isn't as convenient as we like it to be... 

you have proper concerns - I am sure it will work out for you... good luck. 

17 hours ago, xsiti said:

So back in November 2020 I forgot to do my 90-day reporting before the due date so I went to immigration and had that settled, paid the fine of 0 thb thanks to covid something and got a slip of paper with my new due date which is like February 3rd. The due date is approaching and I can't seem to get it done at all online, on the app it says I've overstayed (that can't be right , my visa expires in September this year) and on the website it just tells me to go to immigration. Of course the 1178 hotline is perpetually busy. This is my second day of trying and I'm not sure what I've done wrong, I'd like to avoid going to immigration if I can help it. Is it me or the system? I'm actually panicking lol

I enjoy a little field trip every three month to visit immigration for the 90 day thing, and then have a nice lunch with the family at som good restaurant (somewhat missing where I live and work). I tried the web site ages ago and it wasn't working then and it certainly doesn't work now. It takes 5 minutes at the immigration office, no big deal.

And, by the way, a visa is something that is put in your passport that allows you to enter the country within a certain time period, stated in the visa stamp. When you enter the country the visa is used already, the IMO puts a new stamp in the passport that is a permit to stay a limited time and it is up to the IMO how long that is. You can get a multiple entry visa that allow you to enter the country multiple times on the same visa, usually given to people working, and can last for the time the person work permit lasts. Still, when entering the country on such a visa, it is up to the IMO to stamp how long you are permitted to stay.

2 hours ago, AlQaholic said:

I enjoy a little field trip every three month to visit immigration for the 90 day thing, and then have a nice lunch with the family at som good restaurant (somewhat missing where I live and work). I tried the web site ages ago and it wasn't working then and it certainly doesn't work now. It takes 5 minutes at the immigration office, no big deal.

And, by the way, a visa is something that is put in your passport that allows you to enter the country within a certain time period, stated in the visa stamp. When you enter the country the visa is used already, the IMO puts a new stamp in the passport that is a permit to stay a limited time and it is up to the IMO how long that is. You can get a multiple entry visa that allow you to enter the country multiple times on the same visa, usually given to people working, and can last for the time the person work permit lasts. Still, when entering the country on such a visa, it is up to the IMO to stamp how long you are permitted to stay.

You make it sound as if it the permission to stay date you receive on (re-)entering Thailand is some kind of a lottery where the border immigration officer decides for how many days he/she will stamp you in. 

In reality the process is fully standardized, and the permission to stay date your receive depends entirely on the kind of Visa on which you enter (possibly capped by insurance validity date, when entering on a Visa that requires insurance), or on the Re-Entry permit that protects the permission to stay you had when exiting.

So you know EXACTLY the permission to stay date you should be stamped in for when entering Thailand (and same goes for extensions of stay, when applying for them at a local Imm Office).

But it is recommended to check - especially when entering Thailand - that you were provided with the correct period of time on your permission to stay that you were entitled to.  And if not correct, to point this out to the Imm officer so that it can be corrected on the spot. 

Note: This also applies if by mistake you were provided MORE days than you are entitled to, because if a later Imm officer notices that error and it turns out that you have been on overstay and exceeded the days you were actually entitled to, that could mean big trouble for you.

I have never been able to get immigration aps to work especially appointments (Jomtien) but the 90 days report via chrome and web site always works. I use my last application to ensure I get each entry correct and use their drop down menus for dates and address

22 hours ago, xsiti said:

Send it by post, I have for 10 years. I get receipts for Chinese women, but that's OK. 

Why don't you do the report by a registered mail?

How?

1. Download and print TM47 and infill it. Add the following (copies):

2. Main page of your passport (photo page)

3. Copy of the page of your last visa/stay permit

4. Copy of the page of your last entry

5. Copy of your "departure" card (that means arrival card)

6. Copy of your last 90-day notification

7. Self addressed envelope with a stamp (5-Baht ?).

This works for me every time. 

37 minutes ago, The Theory said:

I reported online today. No problem. It was approved in a few minutes. 

I'm sorry but that means very little to me.

As stated earlier I am unable to do 90 report online currently even though have done one successfully after my last extension and this would be my second after last extension.

I have not obtained new passport etc etc.

The fact that some folk can and some cannot means the system is stuffed. 

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

As stated earlier I am unable to do 90 report online currently even though have done one successfully after my last extension and this would be my second after last extension.

Try it this way if you have not done it:

Don't use PC. Use your phone data instead of WiFi. (Some areas using WiFi could be the problem) 
I usually use my iPad that use data from my iPhone hot spot. 
good luck

32 minutes ago, The Theory said:

Try it this way if you have not done it:

Don't use PC. Use your phone data instead of WiFi. (Some areas using WiFi could be the problem) 
I usually use my iPad that use data from my iPhone hot spot. 
good luck

I just use my android cell phone. Have used both the web link and also the immigration app using cell with WiFi.

I'm sure there are many doing the same. Some with success some without.

So I have given up. Just made an appointment next week for 90 report at MTT. 

My question. Do I need print out of my appointment confirmation or is screen shot OK?

Also do I need print out of my last 90 day approved report or would screenshot be acceptable. Thanks. 

Just now, DrJack54 said:

So I have given up. Just made an appointment next week for 90 report at MTT. 

My question. Do I need print out of my appointment confirmation or is screen shot OK?

Also do I need print out of my last 90 day approved report or would screenshot be acceptable. Thanks. 

Print it out, they wanted to see mine and I had it to give them at the desk on the 2nd floor.

14 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Print it out, they wanted to see mine and I had it to give them at the desk on the 2nd floor.

Thanks Ryan. BTW didn't mention that after the 90 report, I intend to also obtain residence certificate. Guessing don't make appointment for that......just take my 90 report downstairs to copy then back to office for queue # for RC? 

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Hi drJack54,

You probably missed it, but UJ posted the reason why you cannot do the 90-day report on-line currently.  It's indeed a 'fuXX-up' on the Immigration 90-day report site, not allowing you to use the on-line system because it incorrectly 'thinks' that you are on overstay (because the system not having access to the data that you succesfully did this).

On 1/20/2021 at 12:09 PM, DrJack54 said:

Also my current status states stay valid to Nov 2021.

The date for your extension was still shown as the one dated November 2020 in the system when you did the report in October.

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks Ryan. BTW didn't mention that after the 90 report, I intend to also obtain residence certificate. Guessing don't make appointment for that......just take my 90 report downstairs to copy then back to office for queue # for RC? 

Not sure if you can make a second appointment, you can try.  The 90 day and COR are done in the same room on the 2nd floor at MTT, well at least it was 3 months ago. Might be worth a shot.

4 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Hi drJack54,

You probably missed it, but UJ posted the reason why you cannot do the 90-day report on-line currently.  It's indeed a 'fuXX-up' on the Immigration 90-day report site, not allowing you to use the on-line system because it incorrectly 'thinks' that you are on overstay (because the system not having access to the data that you succesfully did this).

The date for your extension was still shown as the one dated November 2020 in the system when you did the report in October.

I posted that in my report on the 90 day online issue from my trip to MTT on Monday Peter.  I also linked it to Ubonjoe and posted it into two other OPS currently running as well. I even PM'd DrJack with the info yesterday.

6 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I posted that in my report on the 90 day online issue from my trip to MTT on Monday Peter.  I also linked it to Ubonjoe and posted it into two other OPS currently running as well. I even PM'd DrJack with the info yesterday.

Missed that PM. Will read later.

As usual thanks Ryan, Peter, Ubonjoe etc. 

Think I'm just having a hissy fit. Just hate wasting best part of a day.

Will do this one in person and hopefully can do online in future. 

Archived