Thailand’s home internet fastest in the world

webfact

45 minutes ago, DUNROAMIN said:

BS, True vision keep telling me we can get up to 500 megs per second, rarely see over 50 megs. Maybe in Bangkok but definately not in Issan country.

Its the same in Bangkok, if you actually speed test your connection it can be way lower than payed for. And even when its up to speed what websites are hosted in Thailand? They are all overseas and the overseas speeds here are sheeittee.

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, khunjeff said:

I'm in central Bangkok, and even here True has told me that I can't get over 100mbps in my building.

You are in a building sharing a single cable (from the street) with with many other residents.

Either broker a deal with the other residents to get them to go entertain themselves outside of the building so that you can surf the internet alone, or consider finding yourself another domicile... preferably a single 'family' home.

1 hour ago, Xonax said:

The internet speed in Thailand is only high, if you solely connect to domestic servers. When I connect to any server abroad, I will be lucky to get between 5 and 20 Mbit of the promised 1000 Mbit, that I pay True online for the fast fiber optic connection, when the speed slows down every evening, which is when I need the high speed.

That's why I terminated the contract with True early and went to AiS - but it's even worse than True.
Since I am thinking of moving to Cha-Am, I asked AiS what they can offer me there. Answer: Nothing! So I would have to switch back to True if I move. They offer - up to - 1 Gbps fibre there ...

My contract is 500/200 Mbps - AiS to AiS very fast ... AiS to Germany - worse ....

AiS Speed.jpg

Edited by ZenoBresson
add image

I got DTAC pre-paid 10mb unlimited d/l sim in my smart phone. I hot spot that and connect my laptop, my wife's smartphone and the smart TV. I have no complaints at all, I d/l music from various blogs all day long on my laptop, while watching news and movies on the TV, while my wife is playing around on FB or watching cooking vids on YT.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

You really need ultra-fast internet so that you can't look at all the websites that the Ministry of Thought Control blocks, and of course it helps you be unable to buy alcohol online after the government banned it.

Amazing Thailand, lol.

• Confused 1

As an aside to comments about international connectivity speeds, a great many websites will use caching servers either in Thailand or in the region (Cloudflare CDN has servers in Bangkok and Google has servers in Singapore). This means that for many websites, you are not connecting all across the world but are retrieving data from a local location at a much higher speed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DUNROAMIN said:

BS, True vision keep telling me we can get up to 500 megs per second, rarely see over 50 megs. Maybe in Bangkok but definately not in Issan country.

Ubon - I use True 500/500Mbps upload & download. Fast! Speed testing regularly confirms I do get these speeds. It does occasionally go down when the weather is severe, or a cable gang is stealing the wires overnight! Faults are usually fixed within a few hours.

I get all three services (WiFi / TV/ Phone) for 699 (799 - I can't remember)  a month +89 baht for speed boost. Cheap!

Edited by 2530Ubon

3 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Cobblers. 

when I had broadband in the UK i never once had to call them up to find out why my net had gone down, only to be told that an outside cable had been blown down by the wind and they were replacing with a new one ????

or that the reason my connection is slow is that i have an ‘old’ router, even though it was only installed 6 months ago by the ISP themselves.... must pay 1,500 to upgrade to the most recent modem.. 

and never once has adverse weather conditions affected my internet in the UK. Here even if it rains a bit you stand a good chance of your net going down for the evening ????

Occasional fast speeds they may have here, but as usual it is the shocking infrastructure that lets the side down. 

you are clearly with the wrong provider, or you phone, computer, are just rubbish

i have used TOT, when in Chiang Rai, and AIS, here in Hua Hin.  Both are fantastic.  Never a problem.

• Like 2

I called out 3BB because my download sped was abysmal even with the super-duper 5g and associated router. They  checked it and what did they suggest? Connect to you router with an ethernet cable and you'll get the speed you want!!! Errr ... emmmm ... I don't always use my laptop in the same place in the house so if I wanted to move out of the home-office onto the back porch I would have to disconnect the ethernet cable and back then to my slow speed.    

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

when I had broadband in the UK i never once had to call them up to find out why my net had gone down, only to be told that an outside cable had been blown down by the wind and they were replacing with a new one

Our usual problem is idiots who drive into roadside poles and bring everything down, or trees that topple in the wind and bring everything down. Whenever it does happen though the 3BB engineers are out in all hours and all weathers to fix it (as are the electricity people when the same thing happens) and the problem is fixed very quickly. Country-side problems. City experiences may differ.

No complaints here in Sanampao, Bangkok. In the last 11 years I've had TOT (slow), AIS (faster) and now 3BB (blazing fast). Costs have fallen dramatically to just 690 Baht/Month for 1000/500 Mbps Fiber with WiFi 6 AX router. Even on my phone it gives 700/550 on speed test over WiFi6. On LAN cable 900+/550 Mbps. On all of the operators service has been great with rarely any outages (if connection is important then always have a Plan B such as a 4G connection on your mobile to use as a hotspot).

I pay 800 baht a month to 3BB for 1 gb fiber but get  60 mbps down and up . 3BB techs have been to my place a dozen or more times but cannot resolve the problem . Thay will not allow me to cancel without paying for the full 2 year contract plus the installation cost . 

Consequently my iptv often freezes even during the small hours .

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s home internet fastest in the world

That may well be But that doesn't mean that We Are Getting the Fast one . 

If ours is at snail pace we call and they come and Check ,Haha ,they call the Office and they Turn it up a bit .

Fixed they say ,A couple days later they start turning  it Down  till we call again.

They can put people on the moon and video/talk to them but can't even give people good reception Sat TV or a decent internet.  End of Rant ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gumballl said:

You are in a building sharing a single cable (from the street) with with many other residents.

Probably not relevant.  More likely the restriction is somewhere external and/or imposed by the provider.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nickmondo said:

you are clearly with the wrong provider, or you phone, computer, are just rubbish

i have used TOT, when in Chiang Rai, and AIS, here in Hua Hin.  Both are fantastic.  Never a problem.

These kinds of problems are also very common with all providers here in Jomtien. So this analysis is faulty for some cities.