Again

Meat Pie 47

1 minute ago, NCC1701A said:

same with me. just got access again. 

maybe some more upgrades. 

I will try to list all the new things that are broken this time around. (if any) 

But normally they announce an update the day before this time it went just blank 

for about 6 hours

• Like 1

Since this new advertise come up sometmes when you click a page, I not like it that much anymore. If this will occur more often I am out of this site forever. it's coming more and more advertise, and the content...

Last nite I was wondering if the owners took it offline to purge some posts about the government/vaccine handling as they have started to arrest and charge some people with online comments and posts critical of the government as of this week. Intrigue....Mystery....

2 hours ago, topt said:

When the site was down to me last night however the message from Invision did not say anything about being temporarily unavailable and waiting a few minutes. The actual message, which I can't remember, said something about the community and to contact your administrator or similar. The only page I could connect to was thaivisa.com and none of the forums.

Just surprised that after a complete outage there was no message from admin (that i could see anyhow) explaining what had happened.........

Sometimes different devices have a different message, a phone for instance may see the 403 Error, and contact admin. Others would see the notice above. There were throughout the "outtage" various similar notices displayed.

As for no one sending a message from Admin, how would they if the entire platform is down and inaccessible.

When that kind of thing happens we are just as surprised and effected in exactly the same way as you and like you, have no idea "why" and can only wait the same as everyone else for it to be resolved before questions can be asked, and I am sure Admin will be doing just that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

As for no one sending a message from Admin, how would they if the entire platform is down and inaccessible.

Agreed. I meant since the outage was fixed. Even a headline banner when people access the forum saying that it is being looked into or whatever would have been nice.......

It happened to me yesterday as I was changing a page around 1 pm. It was still down for me around 9 PM last month.

I didn't log on until just before 12 noon and it was back by then.

The message that I got was this one.

1469976868_OperaSnapshot_2021-01-20_194231_forum.thaivisa_com.png.b41222ee94e039b2834595fb34723437.png

It is getting a bit much. I wonder what next weeks outage will bring?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

It happened to me yesterday as I was changing a page around 1 pm. It was still down for me around 9 PM last month.

I didn't log on until just before 12 noon and it was back by then.

The message that I got was this one.

1469976868_OperaSnapshot_2021-01-20_194231_forum.thaivisa_com.png.b41222ee94e039b2834595fb34723437.png

It is getting a bit much. I wonder what next weeks outage will bring?

yes that's the message I had last night, thanks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Why all the moaning because a facility you do not pay a satang to use, and is predominantly non-life-changing posts, goes down for a few hours. Find something else to do/watch, while they fix it.

I don't pay to watch the BBC or other news channels, nor do I pay for the other forums that I use, nor do I pay for many of the other channels that I use, nor do I pay for internet banking.

The strange thing I have found is that only happens on TVF and nowhere else.

Why can they not notify posters in advance they they will be doing site maintenance.

Kbanking and BBK tell me in advance.

If they are doing planned  maintenance then it is easy to pick the time and the day. If it is unplanned maintenance then there must be problems with the server.

FYI I do find other things to do when TVF is offline again.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, billd766 said:

The strange thing I have found is that only happens on TVF and nowhere else.

As said to you before, thats probably because TVF is the ONLY site you visit that is run and hosted by Invisions.

And NO it waxnt a planned event and we had no knowledge nor influence over their actions, TVF is merely a customer that uses their services.We can only act and ask AFTER the event just like all of you.

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

As said to you before, thats probably because TVF is the ONLY site you visit that is run and hosted by Invisions.

And NO it waxnt a planned event and we had no knowledge nor influence over their actions, TVF is merely a customer that uses their services.We can only act and ask AFTER the event just like all of you.

Perhaps TVF should consider going to a different company to host their services. TVF never used to be like this.

If TVF is the only site that I and many other posters use that is hosted by Invisions, it is certainly telling me something.

Here is a link to Invision.

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/

Edited by billd766
Added extra text
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Perhaps TVF should consider going to a different company to host their services. TVF never used to be like this.

Bill, be realistic, do you honestly believe that hasnt been suggested. It raises its very obvious head everytime this happens. Its WAY ABOVE our pay grade as they say and much much higher up the food chain than we can even see. 

Give us a break Bill we do what we can when we can with what we have.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

Bill, be realistic, do you honestly believe that hasnt been suggested. It raises its very obvious head everytime this happens. Its WAY ABOVE our pay grade as they say and much much higher up the food chain than we can even see. 

Give us a break Bill we do what we can when we can with what we have.

I am not blaming you guys in any way and I am sorry if I gave that impression.

As you explained it is way above your pay grade and IMHO it is the ownership that is probably trying to save on the costs of running the site.

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

I am not blaming you guys in any way and I am sorry if I gave that impression.

As you explained it is way above your pay grade and IMHO it is the ownership that is probably trying to save on the costs of running the site.

Just out curiosity, would you Pay a monthly subscription for an uninterrupted experience ? And if so what would you Pay ? Hyperthetically of course.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, billd766 said:

They can't (as in just go to another company), the only option they have is to go self hosted (but then they'd likely need to pay staff with tech knowledge) with the possibility of even more frequent problems and a longer time to fix them. At the moment fixing issues is Invision's responsibility, go self hosted and the support from Invision is ... questionable.

25 minutes ago, billd766 said:

IMHO it is the ownership that is probably trying to save on the costs of running the site.

If that was truly the case it would be self hosted. Have a look at the prices Invision charge to be hosted by them (that doesn't totally refute the penny pinching theory of course, they could have a lower subscription than actually required, but unlikely given the relative stability of the site and the nature of the problems).

Personally I think the latest issue was they didn't pay on time, given the error message, but unlikely to have that confirmed.

Edited by Salerno
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Just out curiosity, would you Pay a monthly subscription for an uninterrupted experience ? And if so what would you Pay ? Hyperthetically of course.

I would probably go to 150 baht a month Hypothetically, but for that I would expect service 24/7, and if there is an update to be done, at least 72 hours notice should be given.