Runway 88

TaaSaparot

4 minutes ago, mstevens said:

Nice photos, looks like an interesting concept.

Guess it will be a Cafe like the very popular "Coffee War, Station 331" in Sattahip, that was so popular they started charging 100 baht entrance fee.

Still, seems a huge bit of land for just a Coffee Shop?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Thanks for the pictures.

No big money interested to build another huge hotel currently :smile:

Work actually continues on several big highrise hotel projects in Pattaya.  One is right across the street from Central Festival and the other two are in Wongamat/Naklua, including Grande Centre Point 2, which will be quite big on a large plot of land.

• Like 2

On 1/21/2021 at 1:53 AM, TaaSaparot said:

Still, seems a huge bit of land for just a Coffee Shop?

Could this be a cheap way of avoiding the new tax on undeveloped land? 

Many have planted banana trees and called it a farm. (agriculture)  

Maybe this is an instant "building" that will become a cafe, therefore, the land has been developed.

I would have thought some shipping containers and something like Tree Town may have been easier and cheaper.  

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

When i went in there for a nosey it was quiet and there's loads of seats removed, i did not feel cramped at all.

But to answer your question, normal planes ( the ones that fly and transport people all over the world ) are cramped, i agree, particularly if you're in cattle class.

Yes, there's loads of other coffee shops but you have to remember there's probably a lot of Thai's that have never been on / in a plane, it's a ( was ) a unique idea.

I love the idea.  It seems there will be food stalls and other shops so it will be more than just a coffee shop there. The Second Road site is quite large and there is room for a lot there.  I still fondly remember my first flight on a 747 and I think they chose the perfect plane to be their centerpiece to draw locals and tourists--when they are allowed back.

22 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well the way things are going an A380 could be picked up cheap, but this one was perhaps even cheaper, maybe the one dismantled at U-Tapao and bits dumped outside Pattaya.

The A380 is certainly a wonderful plane and my very favorite to fly in--sorry to see it being prematurely retired by a number of airlines--but the A380 is not 'The Queen of the Skies'.  The A380 has not flown 3.5 billion with a 'B' people.  Nor has it starred in numerous movies--and sometimes been the best thing in the movie, Air Force One excepted.  

As the 747 disappears from the skies it's good to know there will be one nearby and I suspect it will be a nice draw for some of those 3.5 billion fliers, as well as those who never got a chance to fly on it.  What's also good to know, for Pattaya, is there is investment still going on in Pattaya's future, even in these covid times.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Coffee war is, i believe that's what was being spoken about. It's not on Soi Bukhouw though so you won't know about it.

Thanks Harry.  I thought this plane was part of Thailand's space project.   ????

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, chicowoodduck said:

is full of the latest relief package of ladies for Soi Sex once they open up for business....

So those who have yet to join the mile high club can now join the 5 meter high club.

Some how not quite the same except for the decompression which could be similar at a stretch.

• Haha 2