Runway 88

TaaSaparot

On 1/23/2021 at 2:24 PM, jacko45k said:

Upstairs on a KLM 747 drinking a cold Grolsch Bangkok bound.... good memories.

Hi Jacko,I have many fond memories of flying bus class on both the 747&380.Before I retired I worked O&G industry on rota. The companies that didn't fly me bus class allowed me to upgrade for cheap. Never had a dodgy meal in bus class on Emirates,BA , Qantas & Qatar AL.

Never forget the rear bar area of the 380 on the way to Dubai drinking all the way from BKK. Was well on my way by arrival. The good old days as they say.  

Thai lady.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/21/2021 at 1:53 AM, TaaSaparot said:

Guess it will be a Cafe like the very popular "Coffee War, Station 331" in Sattahip, that was so popular they started charging 100 baht entrance fee.

Still, seems a huge bit of land for just a Coffee Shop?

No , it's the New Indian GOGO - project since the previous one didn't work out.. In pursuit of the New Walking Street. :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

5 hours ago, jaideedave said:

Never forget the rear bar area of the 380 on the way to Dubai drinking all the way from BKK. Was well on my way by arrival. The good old days as they say.  

Yes, I have done that too.... although once their beers were not cold so had to drink some good scotch...  

The worst part of my Pattaya holidays was always the hours spent sat on a plane getting there, the idea of getting back on one for a beer during my holiday  is about as alien a concept as I could possibly imagine. I realise I'm not the target market. 

• Like 1

On 20/01/2021 at 6:53 PM, TaaSaparot said:

Guess it will be a Cafe like the very popular "Coffee War, Station 331" in Sattahip, that was so popular they started charging 100 baht entrance fee.

Still, seems a huge bit of land for just a Coffee Shop?

Do you think a coffee  shop will really take off?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, kinyara said:

The worst part of my Pattaya holidays was always the hours spent sat on a plane getting there, the idea of getting back on one for a beer during my holiday  is about as alien a concept as I could possibly imagine. I realise I'm not the target market. 

I might have a few interesting ideas on how to dress the serving girls that could spice it up a bit, but I am betting it won't be like that!

7 hours ago, kinyara said:

Correct, it'll be for the Instagrammers. ????

There is a place on the way to Sattahip called "331 Station - Coffee War".  Should be able to find on Google Maps.  It is a large field of old Wide Body Jets (L-1011, etc) about 4 or 5 and other relics.   You buy a 100 baht ticket and enter to exchange for a refreshment.  The old seats are still in them as well as a full cockpit.  The engines (and I think the full core) are sitting close by.  Worth a stop if traveling around to see the sites.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, fceligoj said:

There is a place on the way to Sattahip called "331 Station - Coffee War".  Should be able to find on Google Maps.  It is a large field of old Wide Body Jets (L-1011, etc) about 4 or 5 and other relics.   You buy a 100 baht ticket and enter to exchange for a refreshment.  The old seats are still in them as well as a full cockpit.  The engines (and I think the full core) are sitting close by.  Worth a stop if traveling around to see the sites.

Thanks for the tip, will check it out.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Thanks for the tip, will check it out.

If you are heading down the 331 (towards Sattahip), it's on the other side of the highway, just before the new off ramp heading to the #7 Extension.

The google image is from July last year. I think they've made some improvements/expanded things since then.
https://www.google.co.th/maps/@12.7573766,100.9916767,3a,86.7y,222.86h,88.91t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s7bd_HpLI2BD3FLEuNe2vAA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en

a.png.6a0870ae46a5c37fdca4acd66cb85170.png

On Google it's tagged as "331 Station - Coffee War".

30 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

If you are heading down the 331 (towards Sattahip), it's on the other side of the highway, just before the new off ramp heading to the #7 Extension.

The google image is from July last year. I think they've made some improvements/expanded things since then.
https://www.google.co.th/maps/@12.7573766,100.9916767,3a,86.7y,222.86h,88.91t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s7bd_HpLI2BD3FLEuNe2vAA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en

a.png.6a0870ae46a5c37fdca4acd66cb85170.png

On Google it's tagged as "331 Station - Coffee War".

I passed by there many times, I taught it was a workshop....

9 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

I passed by there many times, I taught it was a workshop....

Yeah, it's kind of an odd place for it, literally out in the middle of nowhere on a stretch of highway where the nearest U-Turn (to get there if you are heading South) is just under 1.5 kms away. It's also about 1.5 km to the next U-Turn if you are heading North and want to go back to (Rayong or Sattahip).

Long ways to go for a coffee, unless you know it's there and make it a planned stop along the way.