Runway 88

TaaSaparot

1 hour ago, Kerryd said:

Yeah, it's kind of an odd place for it, literally out in the middle of nowhere on a stretch of highway where the nearest U-Turn (to get there if you are heading South) is just under 1.5 kms away. It's also about 1.5 km to the next U-Turn if you are heading North and want to go back to (Rayong or Sattahip).

Long ways to go for a coffee, unless you know it's there and make it a planned stop along the way.

Indeed..

On 1/30/2021 at 4:05 AM, Lancelot01 said:

Do you think a coffee  shop will really take off?

maybe they will have some " special ladies" serving the coffee and help in joining the "mile high " club !! 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I did mention this on another thread: last week I saw an advert specifically looking for foreign renters on the hoarding at the front of the site. It highlighted the fact that no key money would be required to rent a plot.

It is good to know that the site is looking to have broad appeal rather than just targetting Thais.

On 2/23/2021 at 9:23 AM, champers said:

I did mention this on another thread: last week I saw an advert specifically looking for foreign renters on the hoarding at the front of the site. It highlighted the fact that no key money would be required to rent a plot.

It is good to know that the site is looking to have broad appeal rather than just targetting Thais.

How does no key money show the site is looking to have broad appeal, rather than targeting Thai's?   

5 minutes ago, Leaver said:

How does no key money show the site is looking to have broad appeal, rather than targeting Thai's?   

The offer is described as being for expats on the hoarding and it is in English. I don't know what it says in Thai. Maybe the same offer, I don't know.

The place is very close to Soi 6 so having places that would attract the same customers makes sense to me.

3 minutes ago, champers said:

The offer is described as being for expats on the hoarding and it is in English. I don't know what it says in Thai. Maybe the same offer, I don't know.

The place is very close to Soi 6 so having places that would attract the same customers makes sense to me.

I don't read Thai, but surely it's the same offer.  If so, whoever signs up can start whatever business they want.  Baht is baht, no matter who pays it. On that basis, I don't see what "no key money" has to do with who the tenants are going to be, thus, "broad appeal" or otherwise.