'We must end this uncivil war,' Biden says, taking over a U.S. in crisis

webfact

9 hours ago, billd766 said:

Why shouldn't Trump be punished for splitting the USA and attempting to overthrow the incoming government? Is he a sacred person who should never be punished for anything that he has done for the past 4 years.

The USA has a process for that.  We call it an election.  We let the people decide who to cancel.  Not a bunch of partisan politicians.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Wonderful, the republicans should  take the impeachment case to the supreme court and have it dismissed as unconstitutional. 

Please let us know how it went. 

It will go to the Supreme Court if it goes against him.  But they'll never get 2/3.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, impulse said:

It will go to the Supreme Court if it goes against him.  But they'll never get 2/3.

An impeachment is an impeachment and stays on his record for ever ,Why not take it now? too long a walk? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I will next time I see him. but I think I know the answer and I am sure you do too. He has as good a case as the other 61 he lost

That second impeachment on his record has all the consequences of double secret probation.  Getting it tossed out in court wouldn't do a thing for his chances of a 2024 run.  So why bother- unless they get 2/3 and have some real consequences?

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, impulse said:

That second impeachment on his record has all the consequences of double secret probation.  Getting it tossed out in court wouldn't do a thing for his chances of a 2024 run.  So why bother?

So that he would not have the distinction of being the only president in the history of  The United States of America  being impeached twice? and with its removal there will be no senate trial

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PattayaJames said:

You can't find them because they do not exist.

Biden has the same memory issues, forgot his own mask mandate hours after signing it.

Dont worry, trump is gone, you have 4 years to get used to it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, impulse said:

That second impeachment on his record has all the consequences of double secret probation.  Getting it tossed out in court wouldn't do a thing for his chances of a 2024 run.  So why bother- unless they get 2/3 and have some real consequences?

The court already have stated impeachment is a matter for congress and they wont get involved.

If he is convicted in the senate then it only needs a simple majority to ban him from politics.

His more pressing issues are the current legal cases against him. Anyone considering voting for him after the state he has left the US whilst golfing should never be let out on weekends.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sujo said:

The court already have stated impeachment is a matter for congress and they wont get involved.

If he is convicted in the senate then it only needs a simple majority to ban him from politics.

His more pressing issues are the current legal cases against him. Anyone considering voting for him after the state he has left the US whilst golfing should never be let out on weekends.

I haven't seen that, but I'm not doubting it.  But I suspect they just don't want to touch it while it's being decided.  If true, that's scary that the Supreme Court wouldn't get involved if there was an unconstitutional over-reach by congress. 

Whether congress violated the constitution is not something I'd want congress to decide.  That's why the framers built in checks and balances.

They have to convict him by 2/3 before they'd be able to ban him. 

I'd let the American people decide whether they want to vote for him.  I didn't vote for him, but I respect their right to their vote.  Why don't you?

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, nauseus said:

Can you show us any of these tweets, Bill?

“I know your pain, I know your hurt,” Trump said in the video. “We had an election that was stolen from us. It was a landslide election and everyone knows it, especially the other side.”  https://news.yahoo.com/trump-twitter-facebook-capitol-siege-video-removed-locked-005124684.html

"More than 80% of the top posts on TheDonald about the electoral college certification featured unmoderated calls for violence in the top five responses. Posts and comments explicitly called for violence included “WE WANT BLOOD” and called on supporters to murder House leader Nancy Pelosi."   https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2021/01/06/trump-riot-twitter-parler-proud-boys-boogaloos-antifa-qanon/6570794002/

Numerous tweets and statements falsely calling the election stolen and using words such as "stop the steal" and "fight" are listed here:  https://www.politifact.com/article/2021/jan/11/timeline-what-trump-said-jan-6-capitol-riot/

3 hours ago, impulse said:

Sure.  If you listen to CNN and Democrats.  Listen to legal scholars and they'll tell you otherwise.  They'll also tell you The House violated about 6 clauses in the constitution when the voted to impeach him without due process.  But a lot of people are so happy to see the back end of The Donald, they'll ignore anything inconvenient to that end.

I'm as happy as most to see him go.  I never was a fan.  But not at the expense of constitutional protections.

Which legal scholars are you referring to?

42 minutes ago, heybruce said:

“I know your pain, I know your hurt,” Trump said in the video. “We had an election that was stolen from us. It was a landslide election and everyone knows it, especially the other side.”  https://news.yahoo.com/trump-twitter-facebook-capitol-siege-video-removed-locked-005124684.html

"More than 80% of the top posts on TheDonald about the electoral college certification featured unmoderated calls for violence in the top five responses. Posts and comments explicitly called for violence included “WE WANT BLOOD” and called on supporters to murder House leader Nancy Pelosi."   https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2021/01/06/trump-riot-twitter-parler-proud-boys-boogaloos-antifa-qanon/6570794002/

Numerous tweets and statements falsely calling the election stolen and using words such as "stop the steal" and "fight" are listed here:  https://www.politifact.com/article/2021/jan/11/timeline-what-trump-said-jan-6-capitol-riot/

And the reply is.....crickets!

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Credo said:

That's a rather suspect statement coming from someone who supports the side that tried to cancel the election.   I think you lost all credibility on criticizing cancel culture.

One more... Attacking the person instead of refuting the message.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, impulse said:

The guy's out of office.  He can do no more harm.  The only way he gets back into office is for the majority of American people to invite him back.  Basically, congress is giving the finger to the American voters and telling them they don't trust us with the vote.

Quick...   If you were a senator considering a run for the big office in 2024, what could you do right now that would guaranty you'll have less competition in 4 years?  You don't figure there's any conflict of interest?

So long as tens of millions of followers believe Trump's lies, he can do harm.  Also, he wasn't elected with a majority the in 2016 and won't need one for an attempted comeback.  Congress, the US Constitution, and state laws already restrict who can run for office.

Quick...  If you were a Senator who knew Trump egged on an insurrection and deserved to be impeached, but was afraid of all the voters who believed Trump's lies, what would you do?  You don't figure there's any conflict of interest?

• Like 1

Another case of I-don't-like-Trump-but...

image.png.92954d0685aacfbfcdf7c2db29787372.png

5 hours ago, impulse said:

I haven't seen that, but I'm not doubting it.  But I suspect they just don't want to touch it while it's being decided.  If true, that's scary that the Supreme Court wouldn't get involved if there was an unconstitutional over-reach by congress. 

Whether congress violated the constitution is not something I'd want congress to decide.  That's why the framers built in checks and balances.

They have to convict him by 2/3 before they'd be able to ban him. 

I'd let the American people decide whether they want to vote for him.  I didn't vote for him, but I respect their right to their vote.  Why don't you?

You didn't vote for him? Really?

image.png.7cca81fb99beff445f252fa097dd9cae.png

Edited by placeholder