How world leaders are reacting to Joe Biden's inauguration

webfact

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The national guard out on mass and the perpetrators of last weeks violence suddenly aware that their leader had chosen not to pardon them.

look. posters on here were positive certain things were going to happen. none of which did. hence my comment. 

now nothing happened and it's still what ? 

nothing happened. i wonder if those persons are big enough to admit they were totally wrong in their judgement of what would happen yesterday. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, mr mr said:

look. posters on here were positive certain things were going to happen. none of which did. hence my comment. 

now nothing happened and it's still what ? 

nothing happened. i wonder if those persons are big enough to admit they were totally wrong in their judgement of what would happen yesterday. 

That’s a big if.

7 hours ago, mr mr said:

yesterday went very smooth indeed. no problems what so ever. no violence or anything at all. just a normal day of a new president being sworn in. just like any other time.  

a Commander in Chief fled the scene

3 minutes ago, Opl said:

a Commander in Chief fled the scene

and a new one was sworn in. time to move on and build for the future. maybe now is a great time for a media blackout on the don. 

good press or bad press....it still keeps him right where he wants to be. in the spotlight. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mr mr said:

and a new one was sworn in. time to move on and build for the future. maybe now is a great time for a media blackout on the don. 

good press or bad press....it still keeps him right where he wants to be. in the spotlight. 

You can't prevent the media from reporting on all his trials. He'll be in the spotlight for years.

• Like 2

To expand on my last post about our recent grim lesson on the fragility of American democracy. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/01/20/democracy-survived-barely/

"Democracy survived, barely"

World leaders noticed too.

The authoritarians among them were no doubt hoping that American democracy would fall.

Happily it didn't, at least yet.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, PattayaJames said:

Just like any other day in Portland

You do realize, the news report video you posted is largely about a crowd of protesters/vandals attacking, defacing and breaking windows at a local Democratic Party office?

Screenshot_1.jpg.48269f9ae44309336c43636d9c9e9323.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1