UK's Johnson says record COVID-19 death figures are appalling

webfact

2021-01-20T190559Z_1_LYNXMPEH0J1FJ_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-BRITAIN.JPG

FILE PHOTO: British Prime Minister Boris Johnson gestures at a media briefing on the coronavirus pandemic in Downing Street, London, Britain January 15, 2021. Dominic Lipinski/PA Wire/Pool via REUTERS

LONDON (Reuters) - British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said Wednesday's record deaths from COVID-19 are "appalling" and the death toll is likely to keep rising in the next few weeks because of the spread of a new, more infectious variant of the virus.

Britain reported a record daily number of deaths with 1,820 people dying within 28 days of a positive coronavirus test.

"These figures are appalling," Johnson told Sky News. "It is true that it looks as though the rates of infection in the country overall may now be peaking or flattening, but they are not flattening very fast and it is clear that we must keep a grip on this."

(Reporting by Andrew MacAskill; Editing by William Schomberg)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2021-01-21

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Why not release the ages of the people dying, I think that has a lot of relevance on this disease, i.e. one size does not fit all.

We hear of how many people get infected, but not how many have recovered, i.e. there are two sides to the coin, why are we only being shown one side, all the time ?

Because people who recovered are able to carry on with a life. The ones who die have done so through no fault of their own and have left behind families. That is the only numbers that matter.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:

Of course he is, but why don't they (all of the governments around the world) tell us of the ages of the deceased.

Just telling yelling out 1,875 people died from Covid today scares the $hit out of a lot of people, is that what they are wanting to do ?

I know people as young as 30 who are freaking out, get a grip.

It would be easy to say 1,875 people died of Covid today, the majority where older than 75 years of age, those being the ones most at risk, simple really from where I am seeing things, as opposed to scaremongering IMO.

Well thank god it is only old people who are dying....

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Surelynot said:

Well thank god it is only old people who are dying....

Your not getting what I am saying, I mean we are all going to die eventually, not advising the ages to me is creating fear among the populations, if it was reported correctly, e.g. 1,785 elderly people passed today due to Covid, then that is who passed, by not disclosing ages/statistics, it as I said before creates fear when it shouldn't, ok, wash hands, social distance, wear a mask, stay away from the elderly, but 1,875 people died of Covid today isn't really telling us which people died, the elderly, middle age, the young.

If you can't see what I am on about, I give up.

• Thanks 2

Just now, 4MyEgo said:

Your not getting what I am saying, I mean we are all going to die eventually, not advising the ages to me is creating fear among the populations, if it was reported correctly, e.g. 1,785 elderly people passed today due to Covid, then that is who passed, by not disclosing ages/statistics, it as I said before creates fear when it shouldn't, ok, wash hands, social distance, wear a mask, stay away from the elderly, but 1,875 people died of Covid today isn't really telling us which people died, the elderly, middle age, the young.

Maybe that fear is necessary to ensure the younger people (and people who don't give a FF about older people) still pay attention to the rules.......in an attempt to minimize the deaths of old people.

So your message is .....listen everybody if you are under 60 crack on... no sweat......no need to wash, socially distance, wear masks you are safe......it is only the old folk that will snuff it.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Of course he is, but why don't they (all of the governments around the world) tell us of the ages of the deceased.

Just telling yelling out 1,875 people died from Covid today scares the $hit out of a lot of people, is that what they are wanting to do ?

I know people as young as 30 who are freaking out, get a grip.

It would be easy to say 1,875 people died of Covid today, the majority where older than 75 years of age, those being the ones most at risk, simple really from where I am seeing things, as opposed to scaremongering IMO.

I see everywhere numbers of people died compared to an average and/or expected number. Age really doesn't matter, it is the present situation compared to normal that matters.

5 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The PM is commenting on the deaths, the news item is therefore the PM comments on the deaths.

Why does the age of the victims matter, they all leave families, loved ones and friends grieving?!

Surely the age is highly relevant, since the phenomenon of people dying when they get old is one that is long and well recognized.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, natway09 said:

Take a look at the history of what you did Boris.

EG: Quarantine for all incoming people to start ,,,,,,,,,,,,,in 30 days 

Blame yourself

...a totally un-policed, un-inforced, unlikely to be complied with, quarantine at that.

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Because if that were true, it would only encourage younger people with the attitude "I'm all right Jack. This doesn't affect me. Therefore I can flout the rules."

Some folks, would you believe, are irresponsible. What's the point of inspire some age groups to be complacent?

Besides, Google: how old youngest covid death victim

You'll get plenty of hits. Youngest so far I found was 13 days old.

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-06-18/thirteen-day-old-baby-covid-19-victim-is-believed-to-be-youngest-person-to-die-from-coronavirus-in-the-uk

Edited by dexterm
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

I see everywhere numbers of people died compared to an average and/or expected number. Age really doesn't matter, it is the present situation compared to normal that matters.

Depends on how you look at it.

I suppose one could say so much for average life expectancy figures in the future then, I mean we aren't being told ages of the deceased are we ?

29 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Depends on how you look at it.

I suppose one could say so much for average life expectancy figures in the future then, I mean we aren't being told ages of the deceased are we ?

"Depends on how you look at it."

No, it doesn't.

And not true, we are being told the ages of the deceased.

Edited by stevenl
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, dexterm said:

Because if that were true, it would only encourage younger people with the attitude "I'm all right Jack. This doesn't affect me. Therefore I can flout the rules."

Some folks, would you believe, are irresponsible. What's the point of inspire some age groups to be complacent?

I can believe that, however there are already people flouting the rules, that will never change.

We need to be told what the majority of the ages are for those who are deceased, I mean it's not that hard, Norway said it the other day when they vaxed the 29 unfortunate elderly who passed not long after being vaxed, coincident or not, not interested, only interested in ages, i.e. the truth, not to mention ages of those passing distorts the truth in my opinion as mention before.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I can believe that, however there are already people flouting the rules, that will never change.

We need to be told what the majority of the ages are for those who are deceased, I mean it's not that hard, Norway said it the other day when they vaxed the 29 unfortunate elderly who passed not long after being vaxed, coincident or not, not interested, only interested in ages, i.e. the truth, not to mention ages of those passing distorts the truth in my opinion as mention before.

Sad. will you be going out and get the virus and give it to your family because they may be ok, or maybe not.

Edited by Sujo
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, webfact said:

2021-01-20T190559Z_1_LYNXMPEH0J1FJ_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-BRITAIN.JPG

FILE PHOTO: British Prime Minister Boris Johnson gestures at a media briefing on the coronavirus pandemic in Downing Street, London, Britain January 15, 2021. Dominic Lipinski/PA Wire/Pool via REUTERS

LONDON (Reuters) - British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said Wednesday's record deaths from COVID-19 are "appalling" and the death toll is likely to keep rising in the next few weeks because of the spread of a new, more infectious variant of the virus.

Britain reported a record daily number of deaths with 1,820 people dying within 28 days of a positive coronavirus test.

"These figures are appalling," Johnson told Sky News. "It is true that it looks as though the rates of infection in the country overall may now be peaking or flattening, but they are not flattening very fast and it is clear that we must keep a grip on this."

(Reporting by Andrew MacAskill; Editing by William Schomberg)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2021-01-21

Thanks to the "Happy Handshake" program and complete ignorance in the beginning of the pandemic, the UK has now the highest mortal casualties caused by corona in the world.

Thanks to being an island, the UK had a delay of 4-8 weeks compared with the rest of Europe, and especially Italy. Instead of using it, Mr Boris the Liar had to promote himself.

UK: 93.290 , population = 68,076,63 = 137,04 per million

USA: 404.812 / 332,066,237 = 121,91 per million

Brazil: 212.831 / 213,258,918 =  99,80 per mln

Italy: 83.681 / 60,443,615 =  138,44 per million = the first, so had to learn all

Spain: 54.637 / 46,762,221 = 116,8 permln

France 71.652 / 65,311,522 = 109,71 per mln

Germany 50.010 /83,906,168= 596,06 per mln