UK's Johnson says record COVID-19 death figures are appalling

webfact

11 hours ago, thequietman said:

You sir, are appalling. The British people are in this mess due to your indecision.

And now, the beloved NHS is up to the highest bidder. Disgusting. 

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/brexit-news/westminster-news/nhs-vote-on-brexit-trade-deals-6917020?fbclid=IwAR0K-oHh_pmzb84lbZhs_mzUdeNjkEfnYriE5nOydZhu1a37XeQdDjM2d4w

With an extra donation of 350 million pounds a week since Brexit, the NHS should be the richest health organisation in the world.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Why not release the ages of the people dying, I think that has a lot of relevance on this disease, i.e. one size does not fit all.

We hear of how many people get infected, but not how many have recovered, i.e. there are two sides to the coin, why are we only being shown one side, all the time ?

Why you do not find that out yourself ?

Just type in: corona casualties UK .. and you can see all yourself.

image.png.339c219afad6eb540175c46c17fedb59.png

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

His failed ‘herd immunity’ experiment has failed, now he acts shocked that the disease he wanted to leave the nation exposed to has killed so many of the people he’s meant to serve and protect.

The man’s an utter disgrace.

He never went for the herd immunity system but I agree his record is disgraceful. He is however not stating the number of excess deaths due solely to Covid. You have to remember if you die within 28 days of being tested positive then it is put down as a Covid death. Hit and killed by a car still a Covid death if within 28 days of being tested positive.

If you go to the ONS site and look through there you will find some very interesting data.

4 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

Surely the age is highly relevant, since the phenomenon of people dying when they get old is one that is long and well recognized.

And right now they are being killed in alarming numbers by COVID-19 while the long term impacts of the virus on the health of those infected is still unknown, regardless of age.

9 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

Do these graphs show actual deaths from Covid, died with Covid or was tested positive with Covid? There is a major difference

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

You are quoting cases NOT deaths or hospitalisation. You have to distinguish. Further within 28 days of testing positive if you die it is put down as a Covid death

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Please provide a link to back up your claim that if some gets killed by a car within 28days of testing positive for COVID then the death will be attributed to COVID?

I will dig it out for you are unable to search the internet. Office of National Statistics is the site you want (ONS). https://www.gov.uk/help/cookies

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

He’s been the PM since before the start of the pandemic, he’s failed on every count to do something about this appalling situation.

In the unlikely event,   Corbyn had become Prime Minister .

How would he  have dealt with this appalling  situation ? .

Answers on a postcard , please..

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Pro1Expat said:

https://www.gov.uk/help/cookies

Go down the page and you have th list of all statistics

That’s a link to the whole of the U.K. Government website.

You’ve claimed deaths by road accident within 28 days of a positive COVID test are attributed to COVID.

Link to back up your extraordinary claim please (and no a link to all Government online services and inflation does not back up your extraordinary claim).

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, elliss said:

In the unlikely event,   Corbyn had become Prime Minister .

How would he  have dealt with this appalling  situation ? .

Answers on a postcard , please..

Not even simple ‘whataboutary’ you have to wander off into imagining a set of circumstances that don’t exist to ‘whatabout’ with.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pro1Expat said:

He never went for the herd immunity system but I agree his record is disgraceful. He is however not stating the number of excess deaths due solely to Covid. You have to remember if you die within 28 days of being tested positive then it is put down as a Covid death. Hit and killed by a car still a Covid death if within 28 days of being tested positive.

If you go to the ONS site and look through there you will find some very interesting data.

Thanks for mentioning that - it totally distorts the figures. I personally know 3 elderly people who have died since March 2020 - one was 95 with Alzheimer's and in failing health.

The others were in their 70s but both had terminal cancer and one had a stroke - as they all tested positive for Covid that's what their deaths were attributed to.... IMO, WRONGLY!   By the way, NONE of them had any respiratory problems.

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

His failed ‘herd immunity’ experiment has failed, now he acts shocked that the disease he wanted to leave the nation exposed to has killed so many of the people he’s meant to serve and protect.

Having been living in UK since before the start of the pandemic I can tell you one thing from personal experience and observations.

Lockdown or no lockdown, late or on time lockdown, mask or no mask, test and trace or no test and trace, Johnson or any other PM, the results would have been much the same.

It is the public that is at fault. People walking in shops, supermarkets, in the country, along the promenade or just down the street. A large percentage of the population just aren't taking any notice.

In Morrison last week and must have had half a dozen people brush past me as I was stationary. 

Only this morning I passed 4 women, all with kids in pushchairs, standing on the corner of our street chatting. No distance and no face masks.

The rules have been there but no one is taking much notice.

Many care homes are a joke too. The media have made it sound like PPE is a new thing when it isn't. Care homes have been using it for years. My wife and daughter work in a care home. There has never been a shortage of PPE. Why? Because the management did not hang about and wait for guidance or handouts. They bought there own supplies from the many suppliers that had a mountain of stock. They also quickly set up their own quarantine area for those infected or residents arriving there from hospital. Any care home management team that are worthy if their position should have been able to make these decisions too.

Can't hold the PM responsible, whatever his name is or whether you like him/her or not, for the behaviour of the whole population. 

Edited by puchooay
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, puchooay said:

Having been living in UK since before the start of the pandemic I can tell you one thing from personal experience and observations.

Lockdown or no lockdown, late or on time lockdown, mask or no mask, test and trace or no test and trace, Johnson or any other PM, the results would have been much the same.

It is the public that is at fault. People walking in shops, supermarkets, in the country, sling the promenade or just down the street. A large percentage of the population just aren't taking any notice.

In Morrison last week and must have had half a dozen people brush past me as I was stationary. 

Only this morning I passed 4 women, all with kids in pushchairs, standing on the corner of our street chatting. No distance and no face masks.

Many care homes are a joke too. The media have made it sound like PPE is a new thing when it isn't. Care homes have been using it for years. My wife and daughter work in a care home. There has never been a shortage of PPE. Why? Because the management did not hang about and wait for guidance or handouts. They bought there own supplies from the many suppliers that had a mountain of stock. They also quickly set up their own quarantine area for those infected or residents arriving there from hospital. Any care home management team that are worthy if their position should have been able to make these decisions too.

Can't hold the PM responsible, whatever his name is or whether you like him/her or not, for the behaviour of the whole population. 

The Care homes have been neglected which is a disgrace as this is where the majority of fatalities have occurred. Granted there have been a few deaths of people who were apparently in good health but the majority of deaths have all had underlying health problems and have been over 80 years old.

Instead of lock downs which only postpone the virus they should have taken care of the people in the Care homes, advised persons in their late 70's and older to stay away from crowds and let the rest make their own decisions.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Sweden showed the world the way to handle the pandemici read it on tvf 8 months ago.

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Pro1Expat said:

The Care homes have been neglected which is a disgrace as this is where the majority of fatalities have occurred. Granted there have been a few deaths of people who were apparently in good health but the majority of deaths have all had underlying health problems and have been over 80 years old.

Instead of lock downs which only postpone the virus they should have taken care of the people in the Care homes, advised persons in their late 70's and older to stay away from crowds and let the rest make their own decisions.

Correct. The care homes were neglected. Mostly by their management.

The rest of your comment is based on hindsight. 

Edited by puchooay

10 minutes ago, puchooay said:

It is the public that is at fault. People walking in shops, supermarkets, in the country, along the promenade or just down the street. A large percentage of the population just aren't taking any notice.

Also when the virus flattened out in the summer,what did they do? Send the kids back to school to carry and spread it to the rest of us.should have kept the schools shut.

16 hours ago, webfact said:

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said Wednesday's record deaths from COVID-19 are "appalling"

Apology coming next? 

"Sorry for my handling of this.  I failed to lock down.  I failed to close the borders.  I failed to implement quarantine until it was too late.  I failed to enforce the meager measures that I did implement, while allowing my government colleagues to break them without consequence.  I have failed myself.  I have failed the government.  I have failed the people.  I am handing in my resignation with immediate effect.  I hope that my replacement is found quickly and can do a better job than I evidently have."

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, puchooay said:

Perhaps a Government with a direct single policy that they, the Government and their advisors were leading by example and themselves consistently.

Actually any consistency from the Government might have helped, putting aside the consistent U-Turns and courting popularity over doing what was necessary.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

i know they didn,t,was actually referring to a thread on here posted in early summer praising swedens lax attitude and all the self styled fundis on tvf ware singing its praises and slagging off the uk and the rest of the west,tried to find but gave up ad i,m not obsessional unlike some other posters.viva the hindsight.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, puchooay said:

So how do you account for the fact that total covid deaths stats are:

UK 94,580 deaths !! 

whereas,

Thailand (similar sized population, not as developed and not even an island) 71 deaths total
Australia (where most of population are crowded into coastal cities) 909 deaths total
New Zealand (where most of population are crowded into coastal cities) 25 deaths total

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

Either the Brits are an extraordinarily disobedient people, or they have had very poor leadership. Got a feeling it's the latter.

Edited by dexterm
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, puipuitom said:

With an extra donation of 350 million pounds a week since Brexit, the NHS should be the richest health organisation in the world.

I,m sure the people of the uk will benefit more from the £350 million being given to the nhs than handed over to the gravy train of the eu,still sure the remaining members will be happy to make up the shortfall.