800,000 Baht 3 months before renewal "retirement visa"

A few of the vloggers I watch have had to have the 800k 3 months before and a 12 month bank statement, which I take is to check that it had 800k 400k 800k for the correct periods.

I will have the funny of doing this 12 months after I arrive back on the 25th of Jan, looking forward to that quarantine(NOT).

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, mtraveler said:

I have one followup question about the 2 months rule.  The order says "2 months prior to filing date". 

Is the "filing date" the renewal date, or is it the actual date that one shows up to immigration for the renewal?  

The latter. Date of application.

On 1/21/2021 at 3:06 PM, ubonjoe said:

It is 2 months for every extension application now.

From the order that changed the requirements.

image.png.09bd0156f8a0969b698e290d38f29c3c.png

Ubonjoe, can you tell me where this order is written?  I have been dealing with a "visa service" which continues to insist that money must be in 3 months in advance, and that they have checked with Immigration, and they have confirmed that the 800,000 baht must be in the bank 3 months before renewal. 

I assume that this order (rule) must be available to read at Immigration.  Is that correct?  Where can I find it (in English, preferably, though I can go with a Thai speaking person)?

Sorry to beat this poor dead horse, but I just want to get this resolved now, with my renewal date coming up mid-March.  Thanks.    

• 4 months later...

In my case, I stupidly miscalculated the money I had to deposit to reach the 800K, 3 months ago. I was going tmr to Chaeng Watthana to renew and decided to update my passbook, when I realized in horror that I'm short 18K -not for a lack of funds, but a lack of smarts apparently. I am thinking about still going and hope for the best, i.e. an IO that won't be too picky, since it's not a big amount. I will deposit the missing funds tonight but as soon as they check the passbook they will see that, of course. If that doesn't work, my last resort will be an agent. Any advice? Thank you all.

7 minutes ago, Tanomazu said:

So it is 2 months now for an extension. How about a first application, is it 3 months or 2 months the funds have to be deposited before you apply?

It has to be in the bank for 2 months for every extension of stay application now. The rules were changed in March of 2019.

You also have to keep the 800k baht in the bank for 3 months after you apply and then 400k baht util you top up your account to 800k baht for the next extension.

• Thanks 1