Should covid liars and deniers be punished or blocked ?

robblok

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Some people may be considered nuts by most of society but I would fight for their rights to be heard. 

Looking back in history, many intelligent people were scoffed at at first. 

Why one person is banned from all social media is worrying to me. I think the following guy is a bit of a nut but also has some good points. I'd like your thoughts on if he should be blocked for what he has to say. We are adults and should be allowed to make up our own minds. 

https://freedomplatform.tv/rose-icke-v-the-answer/

I think the guy is crossing the line when he is telling people to break the law and not do as the government says. Not sure if he should be banned. 

I told you before its not black and white i took the most extreme example i could find. But quite often its far harder to say if someone needs to be banned or not. I also have no clue who should decide. I just find false news a big problem and its getting bigger. 

If i had the solution i would have suggested it but I have not done so because of your points its hard to decide who needs to be banned. I am just thinking about the most extreme cases. I am also think that this guy on moments that he says break the law he should be punished.

Then again i broke the law in the past too but usually in victimless crimes (did drugs in the Netherlands). I feel when you break the law and endanger others punishment should be meted out.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tgw said:

lying is not an opinion.

If you believe in it twg, then its an opinion. Some people believe the Earth is flat--of course that's a lie, and can easily be proved to be. But the flat earth society has many loons...people who have joined. 

David Icke an English conspiracy theorist has over 20 books out on his belief's among other things that the Royal family are actually Lizards,  they even print his theory in Wikipedia* not shut him down.

I come from a place in London called Speakers corner where anyone can get up on a soap box and say what they believe, without censorship---I think that's how it should be.

British conspiracy theorist David Icke, who first published on this theme in his 1999 work The Biggest Secret, tall, blood-drinking, shape-shifting reptilian humanoids from the Alpha Draconis star system ,https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reptilian_conspiracy_theory

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

You mention Nazi Germany before. Do you think that those who opposed that regime should have been punished?

Nice one but your subtly comparing Nazi Germany with the current government in the UK ? Otherwise your question has no value.

4 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

If you believe in it twg, then its an opinion. Some people believe the Earth is flat--of course that's a lie, and can easily be proved to be. But the flat earth society has many loons...people who have joined. 

David Icke an English conspiracy theorist has over 20 books out on his belief's among other things that the Royal family are actually Lizards,  they even print his theory in Wikipedia* not shut him down.

I come from a place in London called Speakers corner where anyone can get up on a soap box and say what they believe, without censorship---I think that's how it should be.

British conspiracy theorist David Icke, who first published on this theme in his 1999 work The Biggest Secret, tall, blood-drinking, shape-shifting reptilian humanoids from the Alpha Draconis star system ,https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reptilian_conspiracy_theory

I think they leave those radical crazy theories out there on WIKI so he discredit himself. I mean how can you take him serious on other topics if he is that far out. So it might be that they leave his crazy claims online so people can see what a loon he is. 

10 minutes ago, robblok said:

I think they leave those radical crazy theories out there on WIKI so he discredit himself. I mean how can you take him serious on other topics if he is that far out. So it might be that they leave his crazy claims online so people can see what a loon he is. 

I think your right Robblok, leave the loon be, if people are mad enough to follow him then, sum num nar.