Should covid liars and deniers be punished or blocked ?

robblok

13 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

You can go live on TV and tell merkel that she sucks at her job and should be replaced with a monkey - that is free speech. 

Where can you do such things?  In this country such speech would be prevented by our strict laws on defamation, would it not? 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, ThomasThBKK said:

You can do that in europe/us without issues, it's national sports for europeans to tell politicians that they suck.

Probably not true for europe and some parts of N America.

But why should this discussion be restricted to overseas practices? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

Never been able to wrap my head around individuals who have an extreme desire to silence others, either directly or indirectly. 

Considering what you post, your comment makes sense.  Sadly.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

Yeah, I dont think any individual should be silenced or punished for their words unless they are outright calling for physical harm or pedophillia or any other extreme form of violence. Its always better to let people say what they want to say even, gasp, you dont like it. 

Nothing to do with my chosen political party, and all to do with what I believe, personally. 

Seems to me you need to drink a cup of concrete and harden up a little. 

Denying covid is dangerous causes harm to others. Sadly, some fall for the lies and misinformation. Many of these people are from one political party. With far right ties. And associated media outlets that amplify these lies and misinformation.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

If that new idea and different opinion impacts the health and well being of others, then it shouldn't be allowed.  I'm specifically referring to anti-vaxx'ers.  Who cling on to fake news and spread lies and misinformation.  Which has been proven to result in deaths.

A lot of ant-vaxxers use the bible and god as their source,major problem there.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

Its interesting you have to resort to straw man arguments and ad hom deflections when this is all just a simple matter of personal beliefs. 

You should have every right to call liars, liars and have every right to get all flustered when people you dont like use their words but you shouldn't be going around trying to punish or silence them because you cant control your emotional ties to your beliefs/worldview. 

This is a trait of people on the left side of the political spectrum. They get upset, emotionally and mentally, when they see or read things they dont like or believe, and their reaction is that they should be "punished" 

Its a trait of weak-willed people, and thats no insult, I really believe it. 

Clueless.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robblok said:

The problem is a lot of people are not smart enough or want to believe lies. Just look at the USA.

Heh, have you seen the vids? One lady trashes a mask display in a Target, ranting about how Covid is a hoax. Another guy shoves his way into a Walmart, through staff trying to deny him without a mask. Another of the many things shaming us in the eyes of the world.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

This is what Rob should of done when he was reading the newspaper. Instead he get emotional, made a thread here, and will no doubt waste the better part of the day because of it. 

All based on the words of a covid nutter. 

Thing is there are more and more of these nutters and if they convince others its bad for all of us. I am not talking about debate where there are pro's and con's just proven lies. If people are spreading misinformation and by doing so making the populace adhere less to the Covid rules then that is a danger. 

You see it more and more because people are getting fed up with the situation (i dont like it either). But these nutters make it last longer and just make life worse in general. 

In the old days these kind of village idiots would have no platform. The internet makes them group together and gives them legitimacy. There are just a lot of people with not enough intelligence and those get swayed. We had some famous people in my country also doing stupid remarks about Covid with any backup of facts. These people influence masses.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Thing is there are more and more of these nutters and if they convince others its bad for all of us. I am not talking about debate where there are pro's and con's just proven lies. If people are spreading misinformation and by doing so making the populace adhere less to the Covid rules then that is a danger. 

You see it more and more because people are getting fed up with the situation (i dont like it either). But these nutters make it last longer and just make life worse in general. 

In the old days these kind of village idiots would have no platform. The internet makes them group together and gives them legitimacy. There are just a lot of people with not enough intelligence and those get swayed. We had some famous people in my country also doing stupid remarks about Covid with any backup of facts. These people influence masses.

Who. Cares. 

These straight loons dont influence "masses" thats just what you believe is happening. Most covid discussion revolves mostly around people, like you say, getting fed up with the situation itself, or politicians throwing their nuts into it and picking winners and losers. You seem to fixate on the loons, like somehow its all them that are making covid so bad. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1