LazadaWallet

fyrekrig

Since a month or so I have been unable to use my LazadaWallet.

Now they have a new verification system for LazadaWallet which I have

tried numerous time and failing all the time.

Anybody been able to do the verification with passport/selfi?

Also talked to Lazada support who says that foreigner can no longer use LazadaWallet!

True or false?

I previously was told you could not have a Lazada wallet as a foreigner.  However it was posted on Thai Visa that the rule had changed.  I had to use my phone not desktop and submit a photo of my passport and my picture.  Within minutes my wallet was approved. 

• Like 2

This is what I got in an email today when I wanted to transfer funds from LazadaWallet

Reason for withdrawal, please select ''Foreigner customer unable activate wallet'

So if some foreigner managed to do the smartphone verification, I never managed.

Now I will stop using Lazada for a while and wait for some common sense regarding foreigners causing

security issues!

5 hours ago, robblok said:

I did the verification just a week ago. The passport thing. Just had to take a pic of my pasport and a selfie.

Now my lazada wallet works.

You would have to be a bit more specific. My wallet works but in a limited capacity. If I get a refund it will be credited to the wallet but that can only be withdrawn to my bank account. If I want to buy something else, paying from the wallet is not an option that appears in the payment window even if the funds are available.

1 hour ago, fyrekrig said:

So if some foreigner managed to do the smartphone verification, I never managed.

As I mentioned, I got the same response when I first tried to apply.  However I tried it on a laptop.  I tried it again on a laptop after someone said the policy had changed and it was denied again.  I went to the Lazada app on my phone, and it processed my after I had to take a picture of my passport and a  selfie of me.  It went through immediately. 

On 1/21/2021 at 10:08 AM, fyrekrig said:

Since a month or so I have been unable to use my LazadaWallet.

Now they have a new verification system for LazadaWallet which I have

tried numerous time and failing all the time.

Anybody been able to do the verification with passport/selfi?

Also talked to Lazada support who says that foreigner can no longer use LazadaWallet!

True or false?

Seems to be true, only for Thais.

One more turn of the screw.

Lazada gone to hell anyway, other options are available.

Edited by Glaswegian2

On 1/21/2021 at 3:56 PM, fyrekrig said:

This is what I got in an email today when I wanted to transfer funds from LazadaWallet

Now I will stop using Lazada for a while and wait for some common sense regarding foreigners causing

security issues!

This is what I did when told I, as a foreigner couldn't have a Lazada Wallet.

There is a chat function on the website.

Explained the situation to Customer Services and told them that they could give me my money as credit vouchers to use on Lazada.

Took a day or two, but then had vouchers to spend on the site.

HTH

• Like 1