Can anyone recommend an ASQ Alternative State Quarantine in Bangkok?

blackcab

Has anyone recently quarantined in Bangkok? Were you impressed with your hotel? If you were, could you let me know please. I am helping a friend to enter Thailand and I would appreciate your help.

It would be helpful to know:

1. The price you paid

2. How you booked the room/package

3. What was the hotel food like

4. Were you allowed to receive outside food

Thank you for your help.

Just now, Rhacsyn said:

I was at Amaranth Suvarnabhumi Airport, BW Western. 20 minutes from BKK airport. Food superb, service superb and no need for outside food for me but possible at a price. Room service available and alcohol if required. Great balcony and nice view. Lovely garden area and all formalities arranged by hotel. Baht 52K for me and I was fourth recommendation from our friends. Around 100 guests so popular. Checked out 15th Jan and all paperwork provided for easy passage by air to Phuket.

Just to add that I booked by email with the hotel

• Thanks 1

The best website to book ASQ hotel is from Agoda.  They have a dedicated website www.agoda.com/quarantineth

Agoda website list all Quarantine hotels in Bangkok and Pattaya.

Choose your own by reading reviews of the hotel and some hotels offer Free cancellation policy.

Good luck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Stayed a the SRam Resort at the end of November, paid 40k.  The room was large and had a balcony next to the pool that was a look only amenity.  Food was between budget airline and bus terminal, renewed my dislike of the little chicken sausages.  Only real issue was slippery floor in shower which I felt was very unsafe.  

Some thoughts.  Pay up for size and balcony, bring extra coffee and/or tea (Nescafe and Lipton provided).  Unless your family is local ignore location as you won't be going out much and you get delivered from the airport and a taxi home costs is negligible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Depends on your mental stability.  When i go away, I always treat myself to the most expensive hotel.  WHY ?  Even though I'm retired, I want to stay in a place that's nicer than what i already have.  That being said,  My condo is very high up and I face the River 2 minutes away.

The Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok, Bang Rak, Bangkok-  It's literally on the River and a 4-star Hotel.  The 3- star Hotel 2 minutes away from the Shang is Centerpoint Hotel, Bang Rak.  You won't be disappointed

For 14 days TREAT yourself.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Makoshark said:

Depends on your mental stability.  When i go away, I always treat myself to the most expensive hotel.  WHY ?  Even though I'm retired, I want to stay in a place that's nicer than what i already have.  That being said,  My condo is very high up and I face the River 2 minutes away.

The Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok, Bang Rak, Bangkok-  It's literally on the River and a 4-star Hotel.  The 3- star Hotel 2 minutes away from the Shang is Centerpoint Hotel, Bang Rak.  You won't be disappointed

For 14 days TREAT yourself.  

My sentiments also. I am here now Shangri-la, 3 days to go, Room has everything needed and very prestigious, very comfortable king size bed, great food, deep bath to soak in and lots of hot water,nice balcony overlooking the Chao Phraya river so plenty to see.Can also have items sent in.

On 1/22/2021 at 2:26 PM, SW Happy said:

My sentiments also. I am here now Shangri-la, 3 days to go, Room has everything needed and very prestigious, very comfortable king size bed, great food, deep bath to soak in and lots of hot water,nice balcony overlooking the Chao Phraya river so plenty to see.Can also have items sent in.

What items can you have sent in? 

25 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Legally? Probably easier to list what's not allowed:

136079542_10208470427234481_542171290918

Although they missed the wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/husband off the list!

Read reports of people get all sorts of things, from gym equipment to microwaves ... also reports of the above not being strictly adhered to (I know, who'd have thought!) although few and far between, I doubt many hotels want to run the risk of losing their ASQ approval.

I am doing my ASQ in the Bazaar hotel.  44,900 for a superior room.  I have no complaints about the room, larger than I expected.  Meet& greet at swampy was good.  I was only pax to this hotel.

Food is only average, all Thai.  Menus offered on booking.  If iKhun wife served food like this, I would not be happy.  I would prefer simple Thai food correcctly cooked.;  Chicken rice, pork rice, etc.  

My feelings after 3 days are;

1.  A room with fresh air, or balcony, would be a big plus.

2.  If you have friends/family in BKK get a hotel near them.  Thye can deliver stuff to the hotel for you.

3.  Otherwise location does no matter as you are not able to go out until you finish ASQ

4  Try to get hotel with decent TV channels.  I only have the Thai language TV.

5.  If you are adicted to good coffee, bring your own (coffee bags brought from UK)   Hotel has hot water, but only the normal  sachet of instant.

6.  For those who care about such things, I was not checked for alchol or fags  on arrival.  ( I am non-smoker and drink very little.

7.  ASQ is NOT fun, but a neccessary eveil if you want to get into LOS.

If you are thinking of leaving Thailand for any reason, DO NOT, unless you really have to.  I left fro UK in July, thinking of 3 weeks holiday there while atttending to some non-urgent business.  Stupidest thing I have done for years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/21/2021 at 10:28 AM, blackcab said:

Has anyone recently quarantined in Bangkok? Were you impressed with your hotel? If you were, could you let me know please. I am helping a friend to enter Thailand and I would appreciate your help.

It would be helpful to know:

1. The price you paid

2. How you booked the room/package

3. What was the hotel food like

4. Were you allowed to receive outside food

Thank you for your help.

I used Amara, lovely room on the 23rd floor with floor to cieling windows and good city view.

It was 65K ( 45 for hotel and 20 for hospital ). It's partner hotel is Samitivej which is one of the reasons i picked it incase things went sideways.

They give you a 50% off voucher when you leave valid for one year ( max 3 day stay ) but better than nothing.

Room was big / interent fine / food choice and quality ok.

I have to leave thailand agian in a month or two and will use it again.

• Thanks 1

On 1/21/2021 at 2:46 PM, CanadaSam said:

Belaire Hotel, Sukhumvit, Bangkok.

Fantastic food, very big room, great service.

Rate is 55,000 baht, but I can get it discounted down to 39,000 if you want, I know the GM.

Belaire - horrible hotel. Food cold, no balcony, courtyard like a prison yard. Totally overpriced, it's a 3 start at best during normal times. Had to book there because I did my first round in August when every place was sold out.

Paid 59000.

I don't know the GM, so this review is real.

My second ASQ round at Amaranth Suvarnabhumi => great, cost 55000, review earlier by another user in this thread.

On 1/23/2021 at 5:34 PM, mogandave said:

Sorry for late response. You can have whatever you like sent in except alcohol, although there are ways around that.

My GF sent fitness mat, dumbells, batteries for my camera, Twinings tea, teapot, tin of biscuits, honey, etc, helps with the boredom in this 5 star jail. Im out of here in the morning Yipee. Good luck my friend 

https://www.citadines.com/content/dam/tal/media/images/properties/thailand/offers/asq-citadines-sukhumvit-8-bangkok/ASQ-Citadines-Sukhumvit-8-Bangkok-English-2.pdf

I just came across this comprehensive package while looking for a normal stay in Bangkok. I have actually stayed in this hotel before, and it is quite good.

Anyway maybe of interest to someone coming to Thailand soon. cheers.