Korat: Police hunt for man, 20, who failed to show at wedding to 15 year old bride

webfact

Korat: Police hunt for man, 20, who failed to show at wedding to 15 year old bride

6pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook reporters went to a village in Nakhon Ratchasima after a young bride-to-be was left in tears when her groom failed to show up for the wedding at her house on Sunday. 

The fifteen year old told the media she had met the 20 year old guy on Facebook and had known him for 6 or 7 months. They are both poorly educated and he had no job but he was a sweet talker and took her virginity. 

The family insisted they get married and the mother of the groom and the bride's mum agreed on a dowry of 60,000 baht and one baht weight of gold. 

Mother Lamduan, 36, said that on Sunday with everything prepared for the nuptials, the family got a call from the other family saying they were on their way.

But they failed to show up and later called again saying they had been unable to get the money together. 

Lamduan said she had mortgaged a quarter of a rai of land for 35,000 baht and borrowed more for the ceremony up to 100,000 baht. Now they were faced with having to pay all that back and they were very poor.

They went to court and made a charge against the groom of going with a minor. He was bailed and said he'd fight it in court.

"'We'll see about that," said the bride's furious gran, Thongleaung, 57, who said that the family had been terribly embarrassed and would go to court themselves.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-01-21

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Catkiwi said:

The family thought it was a great idea to peddle their underage daughter for money, until they didn't get any and now want to charge the groom that was to be, with going with a minor? Clearly, high morals and ethics abound!

ABBA MONEY MONEY  MONEY 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

He only did what many men have done, promised to marry the girl, so he could get his leg over.

Even tried that in my youth, girl told me only man to get to  do it with me will put a band of gold on my finger first.

Oh i will marry you, ok she says after that you can do what you want, until then keep off.????????

Nah , we say Try before you buy, If not good enough go try  elsewhere. ????

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Catkiwi said:

The family thought it was a great idea to peddle their underage daughter for money, until they didn't get any and now want to charge the groom that was to be, with going with a minor? Clearly, high morals and ethics abound!

Apparently it's the way the laws work here, my wife has told me many times she has great concerns for her son who is 16, you see he has a girlfriend who he enjoys every now and again, and if she (15) fell pregnant (entrapment), call it what you like, he would have to marry her, however both sides of the parents would have to agree to them getting married, and the courts will recognise the marriage. 

I said to her, he's your last worry Tiruk, she just looked at me and said, uppercut !

Edited by 4MyEgo

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

Yes mate, he had sex with a minor ( 15 ) Now if he marries her ok, but he ran away, so family contact the police, now silly sod got problems with plod.

Surprised the Thai bashers haven't had a filed day here, apart from one post. As you stated in your previous post, this happens all over the world. Wasn't there a rock n roll star who married his 13-year-old cousin in the states? Actually, didn't Elvis ? 

4 minutes ago, elliss said:

Odds on the young lady , is   up the duff , with child  .

Plan B ,  internet love sites , looking for a good farlang .

PS ,    i am still available ....

So true!

• Like 1

let me see :

dowry             60,000 

rai of land      35,000

debt                100,000

total               195,000

the 20 yo guy will think twice before taking another girl's virginity

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:
11 hours ago, webfact said:

They went to court and made a charge against the groom of going with a minor. He was bailed and said he'd fight it in court.

So, if he had shown up as demanded there would have been no problem about her being a minor.

If the family's satisfied, who's going to press charges?

38 minutes ago, Pique Dard said:

let me see :

dowry             60,000 

rai of land      35,000

debt                100,000

total               195,000

the 20 yo guy will think twice before taking another girl's virginity

I doubt that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

So, if he had shown up as demanded there would have been no problem about her being a minor.

Exactly my point. It was all ok until the money didn't eventuate. Then it became a revenge effort to make the ex groom and his family suffer. In the mean time, the poor girl should still be in school....when they do actually open again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Apparently it's the way the laws work here, my wife has told me many times she has great concerns for her son who is 16, you see he has a girlfriend who he enjoys every now and again, and if she (15) fell pregnant (entrapment), call it what you like, he would have to marry her, however both sides of the parents would have to agree to them getting married, and the courts will recognise the marriage. 

I said to her, he's your last worry Tiruk, she just looked at me and said, uppercut !

You are not wired up right, you ????

13 hours ago, webfact said:

Lamduan said she had mortgaged a quarter of a rai of land for 35,000 baht and borrowed more for the ceremony up to 100,000 baht. Now they were faced with having to pay all that back and they were very poor.

To borrow that much money implies the presence of collateral worth far more than the loaned amount. Claiming "they were very poor" is a laughable contradiction.