Korat: Police hunt for man, 20, who failed to show at wedding to 15 year old bride

Korat: Police hunt for man, 20, who failed to show at wedding to 15 year old bride

6pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook reporters went to a village in Nakhon Ratchasima after a young bride-to-be was left in tears when her groom failed to show up for the wedding at her house on Sunday. 

The fifteen year old told the media she had met the 20 year old guy on Facebook and had known him for 6 or 7 months. They are both poorly educated and he had no job but he was a sweet talker and took her virginity. 

The family insisted they get married and the mother of the groom and the bride's mum agreed on a dowry of 60,000 baht and one baht weight of gold. 

Mother Lamduan, 36, said that on Sunday with everything prepared for the nuptials, the family got a call from the other family saying they were on their way.

But they failed to show up and later called again saying they had been unable to get the money together. 

Lamduan said she had mortgaged a quarter of a rai of land for 35,000 baht and borrowed more for the ceremony up to 100,000 baht. Now they were faced with having to pay all that back and they were very poor.

They went to court and made a charge against the groom of going with a minor. He was bailed and said he'd fight it in court.

"'We'll see about that," said the bride's furious gran, Thongleaung, 57, who said that the family had been terribly embarrassed and would go to court themselves.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-01-21

• Haha 2
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She offered her honour He honoured her offer all night he was honour & offer... I'll get my coat...

He only did what many men have done, promised to marry the girl, so he could get his leg over. Even tried that in my youth, girl told me only man to get to  do it with me will put a band of gold

The family thought it was a great idea to peddle their underage daughter for money, until they didn't get any and now want to charge the groom that was to be, with going with a minor? Clearly, high mo

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Catkiwi said:

The family thought it was a great idea to peddle their underage daughter for money, until they didn't get any and now want to charge the groom that was to be, with going with a minor? Clearly, high morals and ethics abound!

ABBA MONEY MONEY  MONEY 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
6 hours ago, webfact said:

They went to court and made a charge against the groom of going with a minor. He was bailed and said he'd fight it in court.

So, if he had shown up as demanded there would have been no problem about her being a minor.

• Like 1