Extend elite visa inside country

It is typically not difficult. You need the TM7 form which you should be able to find online. For good measure I am including TM30 too but not sure if they care anymore.

However I am less sure about replacing your TM6 and lack of 90 day reporting which are also needed. I have heard immigration themselves can give you a replacement TM6 and the missing 90 day reports will require paying a fine, but I have never had these problem so I'm not sure if there are other steps. The whole process is done at any local immigration headquarters. If the process becomes excessively burdensome for you, you could pay Thailand Elite to send a concierge with you to assist, but that comes at a cost. You have to go in person though, can't be done through an agent. My understanding is it can be done up to a month in advance. I will be testing that theory this Monday when I do my extension on the TE visa.

4 minutes ago, wasabi said:

It is typically not difficult. You need the TM7 form which you should be able to find online. For good measure I am including TM30 too but not sure if they care anymore.

However I am less sure about replacing your TM6 and lack of 90 day reporting which are also needed. I have heard immigration themselves can give you a replacement TM6 and the missing 90 days will require paying a fine, but I have never had these problem so I'm not sure if there are other steps. The whole process is done at any local immigration headquarters. If the process becomes excessively burdensome for you, you  could pay Thailand Elite to send a concierge with you to assist, but that comes at a cost. You have to go in person though, can't be done through an agent. My understanding is it can be done up to a month in advance. I will be testing that theory this Monday when I do my extension on the TE visa.

Thank you for your reply. 

I just come from Phuket immigration that told me, that i need a paper from thailand elite, before i can extend. Not sure what paper they are talking about, but will give them a call after hearing advice from here. I would have asked them about the tm6, but i forgot 
(I was in a hit and run car crash 16 months ago, resulting in brain damage and loss of memory, and some things are not so easy for me anymore)

1. Application form TM.7 and TM.47 (if you do 90-day report same day)

2. Passport
3. Signed copies passport of relevant pages, viz.
 Front page of passport showing name / surname / passport number 

Current Thailand Elite visa 

Latest entry stamp in your passport 

All extension stamps in your passport that you have obtained from the latest entry to the country 

Departure Card (TM6) 

4. TM.30 Receipt 
5. A photo of 4x6 (2 inches) (not older than 6 months)
6. Thailand Elite membership card 

7. Application fee 1900 baht 

This is official answer from Thailand Elite Customer Contact Center, no need to have any other papers, reason to extend in TM.7: "Elite Visa 1-year extension"

5 minutes ago, clearance said:

1. Application form TM.7 and TM.47 (if you do 90-day report same day)

2. Passport
3. Signed copies passport of relevant pages, viz.
 Front page of passport showing name / surname / passport number 

Current Thailand Elite visa 

Latest entry stamp in your passport 

All extension stamps in your passport that you have obtained from the latest entry to the country 

Departure Card (TM6) 

4. TM.30 Receipt 
5. A photo of 4x6 (2 inches) (not older than 6 months)
6. Thailand Elite membership card 

7. Application fee 1900 baht 

This is official answer from Thailand Elite Customer Contact Center, no need to have any other papers, reason to extend in TM.7: "Elite Visa 1-year extension"

I'm surprised you need the Elite Card. I thought that was only for services like massage and shopping. I just realized if one is not only extending their visa but also needs an entirely new Thailand Elite visa at the end of a 5 year window when using a 10 or 20 year  visa I think you need Thailand Elite to get more involved. What I'm saying is if you have a 10 year or 20 year TE visa you will end up getting an entirely new TE Visa every 5 years. That is different than just extending the visa within a 5 year sticker window.

36 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

This is what is shown on their website. https://www.thailandelite.com/faqs?locate=en&popup=false 

image.png.e25a9d67c7f706cbbad6393d14a310c5.png

image.png.417e0b0503ae1ad14a65a0efae92359f.png

Ubon Joe you are correct that is what's on the webpage. In reference to that I just called Thailand Elite. They informed me if I go in person I DO NOT need a letter from Thailand Elite, but all the other aforementioned documents are needed. He thought that requirement was "no longer needed" and couldn't say under what circumstance it'd be needed. He did ask which office I am going to (Bangkok) it would not surprise me if the list is slightly different for other bureaus.

Secondly when getting a new 5 year sticker you need a Thailand Elite staff member to come with you to immigration.

Ubon, Clearance and wasabi thank you for your help. 

I will print it out, make a check list, call the elite center and get them to make me the paper required. 
Regarding tm6, do I need to report it missing at the police station, or will they hand me a new when i apply to the extension. 

Much appreciated. 

28 minutes ago, JasonB said:

Regarding tm6, do I need to report it missing at the police station, or will they hand me a new when i apply to the extension. 

Do you have a copy of your TM6 card? That might be all that you will need.

Some offices do want a police report for a lost TM6 card. Not sure about Phuket.

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Do you have a copy of your TM6 card? That might be all that you will need.

Some offices do want a police report for a lost TM6 card. Not sure about Phuket.

No copy i am afraid. Have no recollection of where i put the tm6 (other than i am sure i put it in a safe spot so i wouldnt lose it)  

13 minutes ago, JasonB said:

No copy i am afraid. Have no recollection of where i put the tm6 (other than i am sure i put it in a safe spot so i wouldnt lose it)  

The best way not to lose it is to staple it on a used page in your passport.

Archived