Jump to content

View Talay 7 side wings


Recommended Posts

Was having my usual stroll and once again wondering what is the story behind the side wings of the VT7 condo building being completely empty even been standing there for years.  I doubt it is holiding for better times by the developer, rather something to do with legal matters, either civil or regulatory one. Might well be common knowledge, just passed my eyes and ears - anyone bother typing a line or two to shed light to this one?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pretty obvious IMO that these 'side wings' were added so that they would stay empty but increase the total number of units. Therefore more of the more attractive expensive front facing units could be

I live in VT5 on the sea view side. The view is great, the balcony is large enough for a small outdoor garden of planters, and for two people to sit comfortably. I have not lived here during the high

No legal issues or complicated reason. The shape is a bit strange and some of them have pillars in the middle of a room but it’s mainly that they just can’t sell them because they are too expensive an

Posted Images

       If it is a legal problem perhaps it's a recent one because my partner and I looked at one of the interior condos for sale on the 'wings' a number of years ago.  The unit we looked at for sale was being sold as a shell by the View Talay sales office on Thappraya.  We used to live briefly at VT7 a number of years ago and at that time there were a few wing units that had been sold--you could see the air con units on the balconies.  Some of the large wing corner units have also been sold.  We ended up not buying the interior unit because we didn't like the layout and we felt there were not enough windows for the size of the condo.

  

     

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's just that they're larger than the standard VT units in the front leg, and so cost quite a bit more. I was told that they're also an odd shape inside, not much in the way of right angles which would make decorating and furnishing them harder than it needs to be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Guderian said:

I think it's just that they're larger than the standard VT units in the front leg, and so cost quite a bit more. I was told that they're also an odd shape inside, not much in the way of right angles which would make decorating and furnishing them harder than it needs to be.

 

4 hours ago, newnative said:

       If it is a legal problem perhaps it's a recent one because my partner and I looked at one of the interior condos for sale on the 'wings' a number of years ago.  The unit we looked at for sale was being sold as a shell by the View Talay sales office on Thappraya.  We used to live briefly at VT7 a number of years ago and at that time there were a few wing units that had been sold--you could see the air con units on the balconies.  Some of the large wing corner units have also been sold.  We ended up not buying the interior unit because we didn't like the layout and we felt there were not enough windows for the size of the condo.

  

     

 

well still dont quite add up...if it were purely on value vs price, under normal conditions market forces would have ended up working and price would have come down to match with the value of the units, and likely led to situation that at least some of them would have found buyer...also wonder if only that, who/how would have covered the maintenance fees for those units for all these years (unless they are somehow declared as not being part of the juristic due to whatever reason, and not included in the fee-bearing units - which itself would be due to some abnormal reason).

 

Consequently, I am somewhat doubtful that this is the true reason behind. Quickly looking, it appeared that not a single unit was in active use (may not be the case), which, if so, would also be indicative of something strange behind the vacant wings.

 

Anyway, who knows, TIT!

Edited by mran66
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Guderian said:

I think it's just that they're larger than the standard VT units in the front leg, and so cost quite a bit more. I was told that they're also an odd shape inside, not much in the way of right angles which would make decorating and furnishing them harder than it needs to be.

    You're right--they are larger and more expensive than the front 48sqm studios.  I don't recall an odd shape with the one we looked at--it was a long rectangular box.  I believe there are some odd shaped units at the turn where the wings and front section meet.  We had an issue with the price--considering it was a shell--and the lack of windows for the large space.  Also, there was a bit of a privacy issue with the curved balconies and the kitchen window was too high to look out of, if I remember.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

If I recall well, there are some legal disputes going on. Has to do (amongst others) with neighbours losing uninterrupted sea view when VT 7 was built. When you do a google search more details will come up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2021 at 7:55 PM, Halfaboy said:

If I recall well, there are some legal disputes going on. Has to do (amongst others) with neighbours losing uninterrupted sea view when VT 7 was built. When you do a google search more details will come up.

Yes there was a legal dispute with the Jomtien Condotel behind them...about losing their view and maybe it being constructed closer than 200m from the shoreline...but that was over a decade ago.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Yes there was a legal dispute with the Jomtien Condotel behind them...about losing their view and maybe it being constructed closer than 200m from the shoreline...but that was over a decade ago.

Ya, long long ago that court case was settled in View Talay 7 favor (underhandedly IMHO).

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

These 7 condos aren't built like other View Talays with condos facing both sides of the building and a middle corridor. The thinking was, because no one would want to look at the large condo building on the east side, give each condo a west facing ocean view and an outside access walkway on the east side. So condos are long and narrow. Corner units large but expensive. The top floor corner unit (south end) is for sale now. Two floors, 25 million.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2021 at 7:27 PM, newnative said:

    You're right--they are larger and more expensive than the front 48sqm studios.  I don't recall an odd shape with the one we looked at--it was a long rectangular box.  I believe there are some odd shaped units at the turn where the wings and front section meet.  We had an issue with the price--considering it was a shell--and the lack of windows for the large space.  Also, there was a bit of a privacy issue with the curved balconies and the kitchen window was too high to look out of, if I remember.  

Thais think they feel and look like coffins, and Chinese think the Feng shui is bad. Enough said. Like many condos they have not been great investments, and rental rates have dropped considerably, as they have in the other View Talay buildings. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bangkok Basha said:

as they have in the other View Talay buildings. 

I have a few pals in View Talay condos.... I have always called the building 'cell block H', but they all speak positively of there and say they are well managed. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2021 at 9:00 AM, Bangkok Basha said:

I live in VT5 on the sea view side. The view is great, the balcony is large enough for a small outdoor garden of planters, and for two people to sit comfortably. I have not lived here during the high season, when there are apparently noisy Russians returning from bars with Thai prostitutes, but for now it's quiet as a mouse. The highlight for me is the very long- maybe 40m swimming pool that is unfortunately now closed because of Chonburi Covid lock-down. Prices for rentals are very favorable. I've seen a few on the Pattaya side for less than 10,000/month. 

 

 

Rent is 8000 there, but most condo have really krap decoration and style. I would like to find one totally empty, any idea ?

Or one for sale for around 1MB if possible ?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2021 at 7:55 PM, Halfaboy said:

If I recall well, there are some legal disputes going on. Has to do (amongst others) with neighbours losing uninterrupted sea view when VT 7 was built. When you do a google search more details will come up.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...