View Talay 7 side wings

mran66

1 hour ago, billyo said:

To the advantage of current owners though. If they were to take all the empty wing shells and put in a serviceable unit and knock them out a market rate they would make a tidy profit but no doubt dampen the value of existing units.

And current owners who are swimmers are likely quite happy all those back units are mostly empty since the pool is small relative to the total number of units in the project.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2023 at 4:47 PM, NickyLouie said:

So how do you like renting in Nirun Condo?

Why would you think I rent in Nirun? 

If you chose a condo here that you like to live in, when you see what they are listed / selling for, do the math, and see that the purchase price left in a fund back home more than covers the rent. 

Then, you also have to consider life expectancy.  What's the point of buying when years and years of renting at an older age end up less month than buying, and you don't leave a headache behind for others. 

On 1/30/2023 at 7:37 AM, billyo said:

To the advantage of current owners though. If they were to take all the empty wing shells and put in a serviceable unit and knock them out a market rate they would make a tidy profit but no doubt dampen the value of existing units.

Would you consider it to be a good investment, knowing the "rug can be pulled" from under you at any time, and your condo is now worth less than what you paid because the condo block has had some internal redevelopment? 

• 2 months later...
On 1/24/2021 at 1:49 PM, OneZero said:

Ya, long long ago that court case was settled in View Talay 7 favor (underhandedly IMHO).

Yes but how strange that  , even today , not one  side wing unit was  ever sold  or even rented . ?
Perhaps he won the case but lost the war ! 

I watched the building go up floor by floor  from my balcony .

1 hour ago, Jack100 said:

Yes but how strange that  , even today , not one  side wing unit was  ever sold  or even rented . ?
Perhaps he won the case but lost the war ! 

I watched the building go up floor by floor  from my balcony .

I think that's incorrect.  I think at least a few of the side wing shells have been finished.--I watched one being worked on when I lived at VT5C.

On 2/6/2023 at 9:24 PM, Leaver said:

Why would you think I rent in Nirun? 

If you chose a condo here that you like to live in, when you see what they are listed / selling for, do the math, and see that the purchase price left in a fund back home more than covers the rent. 

Then, you also have to consider life expectancy.  What's the point of buying when years and years of renting at an older age end up less month than buying, and you don't leave a headache behind for others. 

I abided at Nirun for a time. It was really cheap (pun intended) ????????‍♂️.

Edited by JimTripper