I want to go to Pattaya to see my agent for renew of my retirement extensions. I know there are still buses going there from Bangkok and returning, if the bus gets stopped by police or whatever, do I just tell them I am going to see my agent. Will it be enough to show them my passport and proof that my ret exts have to be renewed? Will I need anything else?

• Haha 1
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Both you and another poster who is always using a sad or confused emotican can start up the saddos and confused emoticans brigade. 

I am rather confused as you are replying to yourself. But maybe the posters you refer to ARE confused or feel sad about your posts.

Talk to my agent?? Why do you think I need to go to Pattaya? <removed>

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think it is only a permit to leave Chonburi. Not sure one is needed to enter.

Can anybody see how anyone in Chonburi will stop me going home?

You may have to get a permission form from the Ampur. To my understanding you can't board a train bus or van without it and even if in private car they will ask at checkpoints.

Can't your visa agent based in Pattaya advise on this?

• Like 1

I wonder how much longer this restriction will be in place.

Where can we see how many new cases have been reported in Chon Buri?

I will be exiting ASQ in about 3 weeks and I plan to head to Pattaya.

I was actually enquiring about this today. Yes, you need a travel authorisation to go to Pattaya, and will not be allowed on a bus without one. If you persuade a taxi to take you without a travel authorisation, you are quite likely to be stopped at a checkpoint, and be in significant bother. You get a travel authorisation from the amphoe office, and they will probably insist you have a Thai with you to act as a guarantor.

It really might be easier if you arrange matters with your agent by phone and courier.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Suphawk said:

I wonder how much longer this restriction will be in place.

Where can we see how many new cases have been reported in Chon Buri?

I will be exiting ASQ in about 3 weeks and I plan to head to Pattaya.

Restrictions will be reviewed at the end of the month.

• Thanks 1

I can just imagine Farang living on the streets of Bangkok. Come out of ASQ with documents that you are Covid free , having had 2 tests in the last 14 days. But you can't get on a bus and probably hotels will turn you away for being a high risk and quote Covid measures.

<deleted> 🥴

Edited by Suphawk
typo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
19 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I want to go to Pattaya to see my agent for renew of my retirement extensions. I know there are still buses going there from Bangkok and returning, if the bus gets stopped by police or whatever, do I just tell them I am going to see my agent. Will it be enough to show them my passport and proof that my ret exts have to be renewed? Will I need anything else?

An option, it can be done remotely in most cases, talk to your "agent"

15 hours ago, Sheryl said:

You may have to get a permission form from the Ampur. To my understanding you can't board a train bus or van without it and even if in private car they will ask at checkpoints.

That depends upon which province or even district you are in. I think it may be a travel at you own risk to provinces that are red zones.

Our niece and her daughter traveled to here from Pak Chong on a train without a problem this week.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, ChrisvS said:

An option, it can be done remotely in most cases, talk to your "agent"

Edited by ubonjoe
removed a off topic political comment
  • Sad 3
2 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I know that, that's what I intend to do if Pattaya does not open up in about 3 weeks, but you can't keep doing that every 60 days. Then again, they may have to allow that if Pattaya stays closed.

I thought Retirement Extensions were done annually, at your local IO, with either 800k in the bank, 65k per month from abroad or a combination.

15 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Both you and another poster who is always using a sad or confused emotican can start up the

saddos and confused emoticans brigade. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2