Ubon MFA

Mister T

Need to have front page of passport translated and certified. Read in the past that there is a Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Ubon. I found some archived threads about translating and certifying in Ubon with limited info. Sent pm to 2 members who had commented on those threads but neither have replied in the last month.

Anybody point me in the right direction please, I do not want to risk going to BKK to get it done.

They will not do the translation. There are services that do translations here in Ubon.

I am not sure the office of the Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA can certify translations but they can take the payment and send them to Bangkok to have it done.

You can also do it mail to the DCA in Bangkok. See: https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/publicservice/บริการรับรองเอกสารทางไปรษณีย์

Contact info in Thai for the office here is on this page. https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/publicservice/สถานที่ให้บริการรับรองนิติกรณ์เอกสาร

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

There are services that do translations here in Ubon.

Much appreciated Joe, found a lady near the airport that does translations, just hope she is approved by the consular services lot.

16 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

Knight Visa - close to Tesco Lotus on Chayankul Road. They do translation services.

Thank you kind sir, just did a search and I was directed to Palochai rd, on the prison road but right near the main street.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Thank you kind sir, just did a search and I was directed to Palochai rd, on the prison road but right near the main street.

Sorry! I didn't realise they had moved. I drive past their (assuming) old office every time I go into Tesco Lotus - on the right hand side next to a small clothes shop and small tutoring houses for math and English. The office looked all set up with computers and everything last week. Good luck with your translations ????

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

I didn't realise they had moved

I don't think they have actually moved, my guess would be they have split off the visa and translation services from the language school. Will ask them when I can get to the city.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Little update, Knight Visa were amazing, so helpful and professional. They gave me a quote to do the passport translation, send it to consular mfa, certify and return to me. Of course they got stuffed around just as much as we do. MFA insisted that the passport could be a copy so it had to go to the Aus embassy to be verified. They charged me 3600 baht for a stamp for a passport that was issued by that embassy.

I should also point out that Knight visa staff did all this dicking around for me at no extra charge.

2530Ubon, thay have nothing to do with the one near Tesco, but I do owe you a beer for the tip.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Mister T said:

Anything that affects a Thai family in Thailand, births deaths marriages, <deleted> needs to be translated and legalised. You were lucky that they did not insist on it for your yellow book.

Likely the " every office has it's own rules" scenario. 

My wife and I used to run a translation service. A large part of that was passport translations. Our certifications passed the test everytime with one exception.

Muang Buriram district office decided they wanted passport legalised by MFA for yellow book. At the same time, two other districts did not.