22 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Can this be done after the fact. I.e. still living here after having worked for more than 3 years?

You still have to be working on the day you apply for PR.

• Like 1

ubonjoe,

it is clear you need to be working at the time of the PR request, at to have worked (paid taxes) for at least 3 years, but does it needs to be ocntinuous years? I have been working here over 20 years, but I have only recently been employed again after a 2 years break. Can I now (or at the end of the covid crisis !) make my PR request?

Thanks

6 minutes ago, Ubik314 said:

it is clear you need to be working at the time of the PR request, at to have worked (paid taxes) for at least 3 years, but does it needs to be ocntinuous years?

It has to be 3 consecutive years of working with a extension of stay to apply for it.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You still have to be working on the day you apply for PR.

I've got an application currently under review. Do I still have to be at my job before it's finally awarded (assuming that it will be), as is the just on the day that I applied, and they accepted my application? I'm looking to possibly retire prior to notification of the final outcome, should I wait?

18 hours ago, Clive said:

I was reading this website that came up in my newsfeed and it states that you can apply for a permanent residency visa after having a retirement visa for three years?

I've never heard of this and was wondering if it is true?

https://www.shipit.co.uk/blog/other-articles/retiring-to-thailand

I have been informed this is true, with conditions. 3 years retirement in a row, zero overstay and in October of year 4 you can apply for Temporary residency paper/permit. It might take up to 1 year for feedback. Only 100 persons from chosen countries will be given residency each year.

14 minutes ago, jeffbkk1 said:

I've got an application currently under review. Do I still have to be at my job before it's finally awarded (assuming that it will be), as is the just on the day that I applied, and they accepted my application? I'm looking to possibly retire prior to notification of the final outcome, should I wait?

Best to wait until you get approval. There does not seem to be any firm rule about it but that is advise given by immigration.

1 hour ago, Kurtf said:

You can apply. But how much good it will do you is questionable.

You can't even apply. When you apply they check the tax payment status and if you can't show 3 consecutive years of tax payment (and if course all other requirements) they won't accept the application

22 hours ago, Clive said:

I've never heard of this and was wondering if it is true?

Unfortunately wishful thinking...🤥 

I however wouldn't mind if it became true...🙂