Permanent resident visa

That is false info.

You have to be working for 3 years with a work permit and paying taxes for 3 years to apply for permanent residency. You cannot get a work permit and work with a visa or extension of stay based upon retirement

ubonjoe,

it is clear you need to be working at the time of the PR request, at to have worked (paid taxes) for at least 3 years, but does it needs to be ocntinuous years? I have been working here over 20 years, but I have only recently been employed again after a 2 years break. Can I now (or at the end of the covid crisis !) make my PR request?

Thanks

6 minutes ago, Ubik314 said:

it is clear you need to be working at the time of the PR request, at to have worked (paid taxes) for at least 3 years, but does it needs to be ocntinuous years?

It has to be 3 consecutive years of working with a extension of stay to apply for it.

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You still have to be working on the day you apply for PR.

I've got an application currently under review. Do I still have to be at my job before it's finally awarded (assuming that it will be), as is the just on the day that I applied, and they accepted my application? I'm looking to possibly retire prior to notification of the final outcome, should I wait?

18 hours ago, Clive said:

I was reading this website that came up in my newsfeed and it states that you can apply for a permanent residency visa after having a retirement visa for three years?

I've never heard of this and was wondering if it is true?

https://www.shipit.co.uk/blog/other-articles/retiring-to-thailand

I have been informed this is true, with conditions. 3 years retirement in a row, zero overstay and in October of year 4 you can apply for Temporary residency paper/permit. It might take up to 1 year for feedback. Only 100 persons from chosen countries will be given residency each year.

14 minutes ago, jeffbkk1 said:

I've got an application currently under review. Do I still have to be at my job before it's finally awarded (assuming that it will be), as is the just on the day that I applied, and they accepted my application? I'm looking to possibly retire prior to notification of the final outcome, should I wait?

Best to wait until you get approval. There does not seem to be any firm rule about it but that is advise given by immigration.

6 minutes ago, ChrisvS said:

I have been informed this is true, with conditions. 3 years retirement in a row, zero overstay and in October of year 4 you can apply for Temporary residency paper/permit. It might take up to 1 year for feedback. Only 100 persons from chosen countries will be given residency each year.

No it is not allowed. There was a order written in 2003 that allowed it but no approvals of it were ever done that I am aware of and they issued a new one around 2008.

Here are the latest requirements and you will not see retirement mentioned in it. 

Permanent Residency Requirements June 2019.pdf

1 hour ago, Kurtf said:

You can apply. But how much good it will do you is questionable.

You can't even apply. When you apply they check the tax payment status and if you can't show 3 consecutive years of tax payment (and if course all other requirements) they won't accept the application

23 hours ago, Clive said:

I was reading this website that came up in my newsfeed and it states that you can apply for a permanent residency visa after having a retirement visa for three years?

I've never heard of this and was wondering if it is true?

https://www.shipit.co.uk/blog/other-articles/retiring-to-thailand

Best not to get your Immigration advice from an international removals company website.

6 hours ago, jeffbkk1 said:

From the day I applied to ' In theory acceptance' 1week; Then from then on 4 1/2 years until final approval. During that " under investigation" period the stamp has to be renewed every 6 months... This being said : free and no hassle. Each time CWIO about 10 mins. There is a specific office for PR and hardly ever anyone there....

6 hours ago, ChrisvS said:

Completely IMPOSSIBLE.. As far as I know there are never 100 applicants from each country. The year I applied (1998) there were 3 of my Nationality. 

1 minute ago, jomtienisgood said:

OK, but before that not on Retirement Visa right???

True.

The bottom line is a retirement visa cannot be converted to a certificate of Residency / Permanent Residency. 

How many total years the foreigner held a retirement visa is not relevant in any way. 

5 minutes ago, scorecard said:

True.

The bottom line is a retirement visa cannot be converted to a certificate of Residency / Permanent Residency. 

How many total years the foreigner held a retirement visa is not relevant in any way. 

That's what we keep saying. 55555555

Just now, scorecard said:

True.

In my case I had been on the visa aligned to having a work permit. I was not on a retirement visa.

Irrelevant but the so called retirement visa did not yet exist when I got PR 23+ years ago.

11 minutes ago, Bradmeister said:

5 years of retirement visas and you must speak, read and write.  You will be tested.

The cost was 7500 baht for applying and 120k baht upon receiving. 

That my have changed with all the scams and schemes lately. 

That is what might of been possible long ago. The fee for the certificate is 191,400 baht now.

There is no category for retirement now.

15 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

From the day I applied to ' In theory acceptance' 1week; Then from then on 4 1/2 years until final approval. During that " under investigation" period the stamp has to be renewed every 6 months... This being said : free and no hassle. Each time CWIO about 10 mins. There is a specific office for PR and hardly ever anyone there....

Did they check your work status?

Did they want a copy of a current work permit?

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

Did they check your work status?

Did they want a copy of a current work permit?

Obviously yes... And personal + Company Taxes OK. ( Own Company ), + a lot of Documents; In my case Copy of Diploma, No Conviction EU +TH,

Kor Ror 2, Fulfilling National Service, Etc, etc..... 

56 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

Obviously yes... And personal + Company Taxes OK. ( Own Company ), + a lot of Documents; In my case Copy of Diploma, No Conviction EU +TH,

Kor Ror 2, Fulfilling National Service, Etc, etc..... 

"Fulfilling National Service..."

- I'm guessing that means from your birth country.

- Is there an age limit for that requirement.

- It wasn't on the list when I applied (23+ years ago) but things change.

(- If I applied now I would send a translated copy of my Australian army service/discharge certificate which includes details of my period of service on active duty in Vietnam.)

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

"Fulfilling National Service..."

- I'm guessing that means from your birth country.

- Is there an age limit for that requirement.

- It wasn't on the list when I applied (23+ years ago) but things change.

(- If I applied now I would send a translated copy of my Australian army service/discharge certificate which includes details of my period of service on active duty in Vietnam.)

"National Service" in terms of Army or NAVY. In country of Origin

Items are still not on the list but were requested....

Archived