Yes, Immigration is Granting Extensions to Tourist Visas

Yes, new extensions are being granted to those on Tourist Visas. This is the process in Bangkok at MTT. For those who would like to extend before the current extensions end on the 29th of Jan, here's the process:

1) Make an appointment online; it's going to get more crowded as the 29th approaches

2) Here's what you need:

---photocopy of the pic/data page in your passport

---copy of TM6

---copy of original entry stamp

---copy of each extension already granted so far

---(1) passport size photo

---1900 baht

Go to the 4th Floor at MTT. Immigration officers have four forms applicants need to fill out, including an affidavit and acknowledgement of penalties for overstay. Applicant must also enter his/her current address in Thailand. Those staying in a hotel are likely to already have a TM30 in the system; others might need to produce one. Fill out the 4 forms and provide the I/O with the passport photocopies listed above, and they send you into another room to submit the documents and make payment. The I/O may ask to see a screenshot of your appointment.

If you're missing any necessary photocopies, the 1st floor offers that service for 2 baht per copy.

There was no mention made of any Embassy letter. You may be asked if you have booked a return flight or have an open ticket, but it is unlikely you will need to provide proof. Still, bring a copy just in case.

As per the last two extensions, an 'Under Consideration' stamp is put in your passport and you will need to return in two weeks. Make an appointment for that, too.

I do not know if there is any entry date beyond which no extension would be granted. For example, those originally under amnesty, and who subsequently were granted extension, had to have had original permission to stay beyond 29 March 2020. (IIRC), and would have arrived in Thailand before 22 March, when entry was halted. It may be that those who entered after the amnesty and who went through quarantine might still be granted an extension; I just do not know. Those who have been in country since March 2020, after this latest extension, will have been in country for 1 year on a Tourist Visa. Who would have thought?

14 minutes ago, jonga80 said:

Need an appointment? Before I didn't need any appointment.

Yes, they insist on an appointment now. If you don't have one, you wait until they take care of all the appointments, unless there's a big lull in the action. They want to control the flow, and although last time they controlled it via a first come, first served manner (in the tent), now they want control via appointment.

15 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Yes, they insist on an appointment now. If you don't have one, you wait until they take care of all the appointments, unless there's a big lull in the action. They want to control the flow, and although last time they controlled it via a first come, first served manner (in the tent), now they want control via appointment.

Do you have the link for the appointment?

Tourist Visas? What? I don't know one Ex Pat that is currently here on a Tourist Visa? 

Do you mean for nationalities who were trapped here and were granted extentions multiple times, because they're respective countries government could not get them home?  Covid 19 emergency extentions? 

The people that fell through the proverbial cracks? 

Even expats who were doing Visa runs for 90 day Tourist Visas for over 30 years were forced to do long stay 1 year Visa's. 

Learn something new everyday I guess.

2 hours ago, Bradmeister said:

Tourist Visas? What? I don't know one Ex Pat that is currently here on a Tourist Visa? 

Do you mean for nationalities who were trapped here and were granted extentions multiple times, because they're respective countries government could not get them home?  Covid 19 emergency extentions? 

Even expats who were doing Visa runs for 90 day Tourist Visas for over 30 years were forced to do long stay 1 year Visa's. 

Me and my gf are still here on tourist visa... (10 months)

4 hours ago, Bradmeister said:

Now you know 2 just above my post ????

Archived