Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

I have a Non O visa valid until 12 Feb 2021, I haven't left the country since covid started, I got 2 months extensions at my local immigration office (Ratchaburi) after the last amnesty but the officer in charge made me pay 3000 instead of 1900.

1st question: Can I get again this 2 months extension there?

2nd question: Is there a way to pay only 1900 and avoid the corruption or am I going to upset him, is this 2 months extension a favor or a right?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1. At this time you can apply for another 60 day covid 19 extension until the 29th of the month when the current extension of the order for them ends. It think it will be extended again but no info about it yet.

2. Other offices that charged 3000 baht have been reported as doing them for 1900 baht now. Not sure about yours.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

1. At this time you can apply for another 60 day covid 19 extension until the 29th of the month when the current extension of the order for them ends. It think it will be extended again but no info about it yet.

2. Other offices that charged 3000 baht have been reported as doing them for 1900 baht now. Not sure about yours.

 

The officer asked why I was in Thailand for so long, I'm living here with my wife and children, he was putting a bit pressure, obviously I don't want to be stranded in France and separated from my family. He asked why I wasn't going to Laos and said there is flights to Laos, I didn't see any.

So could I get the source of this official announcement for this extension? to convince him that it is the normal way to proceed.

So if he is asking for 3000 should I just shut up and pay or argue? is it risky to ask for the proper price?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Lolothai said:

Apparently they could ask me to show 400 000 or 40 000 income but I got my visa at suvanakhet without incomes proof

That is needed to apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai. It can be applied for during the last 30 days of any of the 90 day entries from a  multiple entry non-o visa.

The extensions you have gotten already are all extensions of that 90 day entry and you can extend it for one year.

Have you applied for a 60 day extension to visit your wife since your last entry to the country.

The only thing I has seen related to the 60 day covid extension is the extension of it to the 29th. It is certainly still available since people have been getting them on a regular basis for some time now.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is needed to apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai. It can be applied for during the last 30 days of any of the 90 day entries from a  multiple entry non-o visa.

The extensions you have gotten already are all extensions of that 90 day entry and you can extend it for one year.

Have you applied for a 60 day extension to visit your wife since your last entry to the country.

The only thing I has seen related to the 60 day covid extension is the extension of it to the 29th. It is certainly still available since people have been getting them on a regular basis for some time now.

since the end of the amnesty I have applied one time for 60 extension to visit my wife then I got 60 days again where I paid 3000 and they were starting to make problems, they wanted to see 400 000 etc. I think they mixed up many things, if I had 400 000 I would do a one year extension not 2 months.

Normally I should get the 60 days tomorrow as Ratchaburi is quarantine, I would not be even able to go to bangkok. However in 2 months if no borders are open I don't know how I can get another visa.

If I could get a link to the immigration announcement for this 2 months extensions it would help a lot, to show them that it's official.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also concerning the borders to Myanmar, Laos and Cambodia, are they officially closed? I can't find a flight to go there. I have to prove them that I can't go anywhere, unless they ask me to go to France...

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lolothai said:

Also concerning the borders to Myanmar, Laos and Cambodia, are they officially closed?

Include Malaysia on your list. All border crossing are closed.

You can click on a country on this map to find out what the requirements are to enter are.

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

For example.

image.png.62c319f285133af3baa381efd49ea335.png

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Include Malaysia on your list. All border crossing are closed.

You can click on a country on this map to find out what the requirements are to enter are.

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

For example.

image.png.62c319f285133af3baa381efd49ea335.png

Thank you again, I will print the document you gave me and put this link in my favorite.

How did you get this document? is it on the immigration th website?

 

Also could they ask me to go to France to get my 3 months extension? if really they wanted to <deleted> me off?

The problem is that the guy probably want is tea money so the more I show that we are correct the more he is trying to scare us.

I'm ready to pay the extra corruption fee to stay with my family.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lolothai said:

How did you get this document?

It was given to a agent by immigration and passed on to a member of the forum. 

 

8 minutes ago, Lolothai said:

is it on the immigration th website?

No

It and the original order was not posted on any immigration website. Immigration has posted very little info for a long time now.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you very much, so now I understand, so this document is precious now.

 

What about asking people to go to their country to get the 90 days extension? does this happen?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lolothai said:

What about asking people to go to their country to get the 90 days extension? does this happen?

There is no 90 day extension that can be obtained outside the country. If your visa is valid you could get a new 90 day entry. Leaving an reentering the country is not a viable solution at this time due to the wait period for a certificate of entry and the 14 day quarantine.

Some officers might of told people they should go home.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...