Non O based on marriage extension

Hi,

I have a Non O visa valid until 12 Feb 2021, I haven't left the country since covid started, I got 2 months extensions at my local immigration office (Ratchaburi) after the last amnesty but the officer in charge made me pay 3000 instead of 1900.

1st question: Can I get again this 2 months extension there?

2nd question: Is there a way to pay only 1900 and avoid the corruption or am I going to upset him, is this 2 months extension a favor or a right?

1. At this time you can apply for another 60 day covid 19 extension until the 29th of the month when the current extension of the order for them ends. It think it will be extended again but no info about it yet.

2. Other offices that charged 3000 baht have been reported as doing them for 1900 baht now. Not sure about yours.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

1. At this time you can apply for another 60 day covid 19 extension until the 29th of the month when the current extension of the order for them ends. It think it will be extended again but no info about it yet.

2. Other offices that charged 3000 baht have been reported as doing them for 1900 baht now. Not sure about yours.

The officer asked why I was in Thailand for so long, I'm living here with my wife and children, he was putting a bit pressure, obviously I don't want to be stranded in France and separated from my family. He asked why I wasn't going to Laos and said there is flights to Laos, I didn't see any.

So could I get the source of this official announcement for this extension? to convince him that it is the normal way to proceed.

So if he is asking for 3000 should I just shut up and pay or argue? is it risky to ask for the proper price?

15 minutes ago, Lolothai said:

Apparently they could ask me to show 400 000 or 40 000 income but I got my visa at suvanakhet without incomes proof

That is needed to apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai. It can be applied for during the last 30 days of any of the 90 day entries from a  multiple entry non-o visa.

The extensions you have gotten already are all extensions of that 90 day entry and you can extend it for one year.

Have you applied for a 60 day extension to visit your wife since your last entry to the country.

The only thing I has seen related to the 60 day covid extension is the extension of it to the 29th. It is certainly still available since people have been getting them on a regular basis for some time now.

48 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is needed to apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai. It can be applied for during the last 30 days of any of the 90 day entries from a  multiple entry non-o visa.

The extensions you have gotten already are all extensions of that 90 day entry and you can extend it for one year.

Have you applied for a 60 day extension to visit your wife since your last entry to the country.

The only thing I has seen related to the 60 day covid extension is the extension of it to the 29th. It is certainly still available since people have been getting them on a regular basis for some time now.

since the end of the amnesty I have applied one time for 60 extension to visit my wife then I got 60 days again where I paid 3000 and they were starting to make problems, they wanted to see 400 000 etc. I think they mixed up many things, if I had 400 000 I would do a one year extension not 2 months.

Normally I should get the 60 days tomorrow as Ratchaburi is quarantine, I would not be even able to go to bangkok. However in 2 months if no borders are open I don't know how I can get another visa.

If I could get a link to the immigration announcement for this 2 months extensions it would help a lot, to show them that it's official.

6 minutes ago, Lolothai said:

Also concerning the borders to Myanmar, Laos and Cambodia, are they officially closed?

Include Malaysia on your list. All border crossing are closed.

You can click on a country on this map to find out what the requirements are to enter are.

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

For example.

image.png.62c319f285133af3baa381efd49ea335.png

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Include Malaysia on your list. All border crossing are closed.

You can click on a country on this map to find out what the requirements are to enter are.

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

For example.

image.png.62c319f285133af3baa381efd49ea335.png

Thank you again, I will print the document you gave me and put this link in my favorite.

How did you get this document? is it on the immigration th website?

Also could they ask me to go to France to get my 3 months extension? if really they wanted to <deleted> me off?

The problem is that the guy probably want is tea money so the more I show that we are correct the more he is trying to scare us.

I'm ready to pay the extra corruption fee to stay with my family.

8 minutes ago, Lolothai said:

How did you get this document?

It was given to a agent by immigration and passed on to a member of the forum. 

8 minutes ago, Lolothai said:

is it on the immigration th website?

No

It and the original order was not posted on any immigration website. Immigration has posted very little info for a long time now.

5 minutes ago, Lolothai said:

What about asking people to go to their country to get the 90 days extension? does this happen?

There is no 90 day extension that can be obtained outside the country. If your visa is valid you could get a new 90 day entry. Leaving an reentering the country is not a viable solution at this time due to the wait period for a certificate of entry and the 14 day quarantine.

Some officers might of told people they should go home.

26 minutes ago, Lolothai said:

I'm ready to pay the extra corruption fee to stay with my family.

If the difference is 1,100 baht extra, just give it to them, e.g. 1,900 usual fee + 1,100 extra, business as usual, to stay with the family it is minuscule, just remember to forget that principal doesn't exist when you are living here.

25 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

If the difference is 1,100 baht extra, just give it to them, e.g. 1,900 usual fee + 1,100 extra, business as usual, to stay with the family it is minuscule, just remember to forget that principal doesn't exist when you are living here.

that's why I'm ready to pay, the thing is to make him understand that I'm ready to pay without him making drama to scare us to pay. That should be fine though, with the document from ubonjoe and by proving that all the nearest border are closed. They can still make problems if they are in the mood or if they don't understand what is going on. That's damn stressful.

9 minutes ago, Lolothai said:

That's damn stressful.

Some of them have ego's, keep a cool head, don't look stressed, play the game and see what comes of it, I doubt it very much they would send you back to France when they know you have a wife here, just looking for tea money.

So I just got the 2 months extension, they asked 3000 then I asked them why and they replied that it's normally 1900 for one month but I apply for 2 months and instead of 3600 they discount 600 so only 3000 bahts. They change the reason shortly after that they wanted 3000 because that's not a visit my wife extension but covid extension and it's 3000. I recorded all discretely with my camera and asked them if they were sure because I have a letter from the government showing that there is an extension for 2 months not one month, at this point they immediately said ok for 1900...

It was quite fast but maybe the fact that I didn't pay the extortion then next time they will try to find some issues.

My wife wasn't very happy, she prefers the option of paying whatever they want and get peace of mind, that's mainly her money now but the budget isn't that great right now so I wanted to avoid extra payment.

Archived