13 businesses can reopen as usual in Bangkok

snoop1130

1 hour ago, soi3eddie said:

I believe here in Bangkok, condo swimming pools were never mandated to be closed. It seems that Juristic Persons (management companies) just closed the pools as they did last time. My condo closed the gym only and I've been able to enjoy the rooftop pool everyday.

Thanks for the info.  Appreciate it!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

So why is it that Chonburi, Rayong, Chantaburi and Trat are still classed as Red Zones and under "full lockdown" restrictions when they are recording zero or one cases a day each now, whereas for Bangkok it's perfectly OK for there to be no travel restrictions and almost everything to open again when they're recording 10-20 new infections every day? And with the Covid epicentre in Samut Sakhon right on their doorstep too. Madness.

Because only those in government know what they are doing! 5555

18 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I guess only the government knows what the difference is. 

9. Massage shops and spas – but not massage parlours.

Lost in The Nation’s poor translation. Very clear in the Thai that it is only soapy massage places that have to remain closed. But why the risk is higher there than in oilies has not been explained.

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Glad they made that distinction, had me concerned I might go to the wrong establishment.

What about pools?

Pools never had to close

Read file from goverment 

Sorry don't have the translated yet anymore. But they translates bit confused. In Thai was clearly mentioned could stay open 

93EFEDA7-6C18-43F9-B7A0-6486D2F104F3.jpeg

11 minutes ago, ericdiam said:

Pools never had to close

Read file from goverment 

Sorry don't have the translated yet anymore. But they translates bit confused. In Thai was clearly mentioned could stay open 

93EFEDA7-6C18-43F9-B7A0-6486D2F104F3.jpeg

My building closed till I luckily found original Thai and asked Thai fr to check it. Printed it out and gave to manager of building who directly re-opened the pool here

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Oh well, it's a start... hopefully infections will remain low & more businesses will be able to open up after the next meeting. 

Does anybody know if you can have a drink with your meal in a restaurant yet or is that just Chiang Mai?

I think the PM passed the buck to the Governor of each Province to decide?

• Like 1

"13 businesses can reopen as usual in Bangkok"

I thought, "That's not very many, but there lo and behold in the "smaller print" (First line of the post:-

"Thirteen types of business are allowed to reopen in Bangkok on Friday as the Covid-19 outbreak in the capital eased."

Is that what's known as "click bait"?

Edited by sambum

2 hours ago, shackleton said:

Its not called amazing Thailand for nothing 

309 Corivirus today and they are now opening the gyms ect

Here in Bangkok

Most new cases in one province only among the workers. That province in total lockdown

Bangkok on 3 new cases all immigrant workers

So yeah normal that Bkk is re-opening

1 hour ago, JOE BAMA said:

Sooo, does that mean we still cannot get a drink at a restaurant?  I was refused one just last night.

As I stated previously, it all depends in which Province you live, and the whims of the Governor. Surat Thani is now in a "Green Zone" (No recorded infections for 14 days) but the ban on consumption of alcohol continues. As a previous poster says, it defies all logic

I posted this on Wednesday........ I might of missed my vocation..... tea leaf reader !

Looking at the way these figures are doing somersaults in TAT fashion i would predict that miraculously this virus vanishes at just about the same time that the people running show realize that the ship's just about to sink with all hands. The next and life saving move for the country will be to fling the doors open wide and get all those people back that immigration drove out over the last few years, after all, if there's no tourists there's no money, and if there's no money........ Then there's no honey......  

2 hours ago, 2009 said:

There is only a few weeks left of school in Feb. What's the point?

I guess you are not home schooling a child due to this current lockdown...   My Wife would gladly welcome one day off... Opening schools as soon as possible will make a welcome and significant difference for children and parents alike.