13 businesses can reopen as usual in Bangkok

snoop1130

12 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I guess you are not home schooling a child due to this current lockdown...   My Wife would gladly welcome one day off... Opening schools as soon as possible will make a welcome and significant difference for children and parents alike. 

I am. It is hell.

But still, objectively speaking, a few more weeks of this versus a potentially worse covid situation?

On 1/21/2021 at 6:04 PM, welovesundaysatspace said:

I guess only the government knows what the difference is. 

I was going to ask about that.????

What IS the difference between a massage shop and aassage parlour?

I expect my wife to say NO to either one until Covid is under better control. She even hesitates about shopping.

Edited by Kwaibill
Type.

On 1/21/2021 at 8:22 PM, Surelynot said:

Very nice soi actually......dead end so traffic is limited.....few girly bars, first one on the right is quite good (called 'Today'), second moo down on the right there is Lolitas......and quite a nice range of bistro type bars....

I was down on Soi 8 tonight.

A few places open serving food. Everyone drinking out of the same suspicious looking cups. Like metal tankards.

Nice atmosphere. Relaxing music, lighting good. Chilled vibe. A few of those restaurant/bistro places have had a makeover. Had a upmarket feel on the soi.

I, however, went to the aforementioned Today@Soi8 bar where they were drinking from paper cups.

I ACTUALLY recall going there months ago when it was like 80-90 a bottle-draught. 

Now it is 125, bottle, no draught. Pretty cheeky price hike, but hey, where else can you drink now?

Anyway, the police showed up and everyone had to move inside and close the curtains. It was crowded inside cos there were a fair few sitting outside.

We were like a bunch of scared, white, sardines holding paper cups of cheap beer with a few heavily tattooed handy-looking birds saying, "Mai pen rai"

Edited by 2009
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, 2009 said:

I was down on Soi 8 tonight.

A few places open serving food. Everyone drinking out of the same suspicious looking cups. Like metal tankards.

Nice atmosphere. Relaxing music, lighting good. Chilled vibe. A few of those restaurant/bistro places have had a makeover. Had a upmarket feel on the soi.

I, however, went to the aforementioned Today@Soi8 bar where they were drinking from paper cups.

I ACTUALLY recall going there months ago when it was like 80-90 a bottle-draught. 

Now it is 125, bottle, no draught. Pretty cheeky price hike, but hey, where else can you drink now?

Anyway, the police showed up and everyone had to move inside and close the curtains. It was crowded inside cos there were a fair few sitting outside.

We were like a bunch of scared, white, sardines holding paper cups of cheap beer with a few heavily tattooed handy-looking birds saying, "Mai pen rai"

Ha....other side of the road and first bar on the left......nothing special, but there is a pool table inside and beer is 80baht.....not what I would call a girly bar......but you can sit outside and watch the world go by.

We all jumped out of the side window last week when the police came.....wel'ard.

The same owner has a street bar on soi 11 Jewly Bar.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bangkocker said:

There will be a massive effort to 'repurpose' massage parlors into 'massage shops'. Spurt !!

What ya talking about.  They already are.

There is scarcely a massage place in this country that ain't doing rub n tugs upstairs (and the rest).

They may look like traditional places and someone may be getting foot reflexology downstairs, but upstairs (or over the other side of the curtain) a couple are playing a game of "hold the moan" (at least) half naked.

Don't be fooled if they don't look "the type" 

Edited by 2009

3 hours ago, 2009 said:

There is scarcely a massage place in this country that ain't doing rub n tugs upstairs (and the rest).

They may look like traditional places and someone may be getting foot reflexology downstairs, but upstairs (or over the other side of the curtain) a couple are playing a game of "hold the moan" (at least) half naked.

I know !! was said 'tongue in cheek' mate.

6 hours ago, Oldie said:

Many hope that the schools open again so that they have some time without kids. Good that I always used condoms... 

yes i agree that people are so ridiculous with their family things and kids.

they all "want" (or just accept what the wife wants in 99% cases) and try to spend the minimum time with them, praying that schools do not close...

condoms and CIM are really what anybody smart would do !

• Like 2

Just now, SePl said:

yes i agree that people are so ridiculous with their family things and kids.

they all "want" (or just accept what the wife wants in 99% cases) and try to spend the minimum time with them, praying that schools do not close...

condoms and CIM are really what anybody smart would do !

As soon as you're born they make you feel small

By giving you no time instead of it all.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2021 at 6:29 PM, Kwaibill said:

What IS the difference between a massage shop and aassage parlour?

Massage shop - typical Thai shop with foot massage, Thai massage, oil massage (and possibly extras for added fee)

Massage parlour -- the typical Thai soapy establishment with rubber mattresses, sudsy baths, lotions and gels, etc etc.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Massage shop - typical Thai shop with foot massage, Thai massage, oil massage (and possibly extras for added fee)

Massage parlour -- the typical Thai soapy establishment with rubber mattresses, sudsy baths, lotions and gels, etc etc.

Hhahaa only real difference is you are laying on a massage table and not a rubber mattress. Two names net effect equally interchangeable.

On 1/23/2021 at 8:44 AM, 2009 said:

scarely a massage shop in this country aint doing rub tug.  fake news

• Confused 1