CCSA: Bangkok Is Spreading COVID-19

snoop1130

CCSA: Bangkok Is Spreading COVID-19

New-Project-2021-01-21T130819.11.jpg

BANGKOK, Jan 21 (TNA) – The Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration reported 142 new COVID-19 cases over the past 24 hours and admitted that Bangkok was spreading the disease.

CCSA spokesman Taweesilp Visanuyothin said the 142 new cases comprised 125 local infection cases and 17 arrivals in quarantine. The total cases rose to 12,795.

“In Samut Sakhon province, 63 cases were found. Samut Sakhon is a key target of active case finding. People at over 10,000 factories there must be tested within this month. Tests will be conducted at 50-60 factories a day,” Dr Taweesilp said.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news/line-today-english-news-622234

tnalogo.jpg

-- © Copyright TNA 2021-01-21

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, steevjee said:

Clearly they are now testing in BKK.

Now get out into the country side and test test test..... then you will have the best chance to slay this dragon, just as Australia and NZ have done

How do you know they are testing and how many? These number are never published...

The use of words from the spokesman is very clever, he didn't exactly say how many people per day or in sum they are testing.

I copy the paragraph:

"In Samut Sakhon province, 63 cases were found. Samut Sakhon is a key target of active case finding. People at over 10,000 factories there must be tested within this month. Tests will be conducted at 50-60 factories a day,” Dr Taweesilp said.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, CLW said:

How do you know they are testing and how many? These number are never published...

The use of words from the spokesman is very clever, he didn't exactly say how many people per day or in sum they are testing.

I copy the paragraph:

"In Samut Sakhon province, 63 cases were found. Samut Sakhon is a key target of active case finding. People at over 10,000 factories there must be tested within this month. Tests will be conducted at 50-60 factories a day,” Dr Taweesilp said.

A lot of this info is in Thai only, and available in various Thai media outlets.  Sadly, not all of it is translated into English.  So hard to figure out what's going on for those of us who don't know the local language.  Like me!!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Oldie said:

"People at over 10,000 factories there must be tested within this month. Tests will be conducted at 50-60 factories a day,” Dr Taweesilp said."

Let me calculate 

60 factories x 30 days = 1,800 factories tested a month. 

10,000 - 1,800 = forget it... The statement doesn't make sense. 

Agree with you 100%.

27 minutes ago, judokrab said:

The numbers are published. You can access the data on the World-o-Meter site and on the Johns Hopkins site.

Numbers that are obtained from the Thai government.  Who admit they don't test enough and don't know the true stats for cases and deaths.  Just like most other countries.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, judokrab said:

and on the Johns Hopkins site.

I see the info for USA testing on the Johns Hopkins site, but nothing for other countries. I don't believe this info exists anywhere on the site.

Can you explain how / where to see the Thailand testing results?

On 1/22/2021 at 11:16 AM, judokrab said:

The numbers are published. You can access the data on the World-o-Meter site and on the Johns Hopkins site.

And where these numbers come from? Most likely from the government so it makes we wonder why they are not publishing those numbers, too?