90-Day Report Rejection: "Please update TM.30"

Today I received a rejection notice for my online 90-day report (submitted yesterday).  Printed at the bottom of the form was:
Remark: Please Update TM.30

The thing is, I submitted my TM30 application online in November and when I checked the TM30 website at the time, it seemed everything was in order. I never re-checked till today, and discovered that there was no record of my TM30, so I have now re-submitted it. double-checked to make sure the Immigration website had it in the system, and also filled out a new online application for the 90-day report. I guess time will tell whether or not it's successful this time.

Any suggestions as to why this happened and how to keep it from happening again?

Thanks!

From what I've read in the forum, it isn't necessary to periodically update the TM30 if one's address hasn't changed, which is why the reason for the 90-day report's rejection is especially puzzling. Is it possible that a previous TM30 was never cancelled and therefore the TM30 I submitted online last November somehow never made it into the system? Another question: does Immigration check the TM30 according to your name, passport number, visa number, or some other way?

I have never heard of a online 90 day report being disapproved for not doing a TM30 report.

At this time if you are doing 90 day reports that means you have a long stay extension and you do not need to do TM30 report unless you change your address.

What rogue office are you dealing with.

12 minutes ago, Pawpal said:

I live in Bangkok and applied online. Attached are the top and bottom sections of the rejection received yesterday.
I'm totally mystified by the process and hope to find an easy (?) solution.

Not sure what they mean by a updated TM30. There is no such requirement. Did you change your address since your last 90 day report? Does your your address on your rejected report exactly match the one on your previous report.

I have never done or been asked for TM30 report. I have no online record of doing one now since it has been a few years since a hotel might of done one.

I did a online report earlier this month and got instant approval of it.

Actually, this is my first-ever 90-day report, so perhaps that's the problem. (I read in the forum that some first-timers had success filing online.) But if that's the case, it doesn't make sense that it would have anything to do with my TM30 report.

17 minutes ago, Pawpal said:

Actually, this is my first-ever 90-day report, so perhaps that's the problem. (I read in the forum that some first-timers had success filing online.) But if that's the case, it doesn't make sense that it would have anything to do with my TM30 report.

They apparently rejected it since they do not have a record of you doing a report before to compare your address to.

I don't think a TM30 report has anything to do with it. It was used since it was one of the choices they can click for rejection.

4 hours ago, Pawpal said:

Thanks, Ubonjoe. That actually makes sense.
What do you think are the chances for first-timers to successfully file the 90-day report by mail?

The perceived wisdom on here is that it is always best to submit the initial 90-day report in person.  The snail mail option might - or, there again, might not - prove OK in your case, but why take the risk?

Incidentally, I'm surprised that you managed to get past the first page on the online system without being stopped in your tracks by the "Go to your immigration office" message, which seems to act as a stumbling block for quite a few on here.

4 hours ago, Pawpal said:

What do you think are the chances for first-timers to successfully file the 90-day report by mail?

People have successfully done their first report by mail.

The difference is that they will see a copy your relevant passport pages and a completed TM47 form.

The requirements are here. https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1666

4 hours ago, OJAS said:

The perceived wisdom on here is that it is always best to submit the initial 90-day report in person.  The snail mail option might - or, there again, might not - prove OK in your case, but why take the risk?

Incidentally, I'm surprised that you managed to get past the first page on the online system without being stopped in your tracks by the "Go to your immigration office" message, which seems to act as a stumbling block for quite a few on here.

I was surprised as well......but the report still ended up rejected!

A couple of days ago a friend of mine working here forwarded me an email his HR department sent to all expats employed here by his company.  It basically said that, on advice from the Immigration Department:

"Effective from Monday 25 Jan 2021, Immigration require a copy of the receipt of the Notification of Residence for Foreigners - TM.30, to all 90 day reports for Expat employees."

He had no further details, and I've seen nothing about this on the Thai immigration website.  It will be interesting to see if more people get this remark beginning next Monday.

12 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

A couple of days ago a friend of mine working here forwarded me an email his HR department sent to all expats employed here by his company.  It basically said that, on advice from the Immigration Department:

"Effective from Monday 25 Jan 2021, Immigration require a copy of the receipt of the Notification of Residence for Foreigners - TM.30, to all 90 day reports for Expat employees."

He had no further details, and I've seen nothing about this on the Thai immigration website.  It will be interesting to see if more people get this remark beginning next Monday.

So what's what's that mean for the multitude of folk here not working for your friends company? 

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So what's what's that mean for the multitude of folk here not working for your friends company? 

Valid information for who.

It may or may not be relevant to the OP getting his 90 day report rejected due to his TM.30 needing to be updated, but does seem to be quite a coincidence at the very least.  As I said, it will be interesting to see if others get the same rejection remark going forward.  Personally, my next 90 day report is at the end of February.  I was planning on doing it online as usual, without making any reference to the TM.30, and seeing what happens.  However, should others get the same rejection notice, then I will be forewarned and prepare a TM.30 along with my TM.47.

4 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

It may or may not be relevant to the OP getting his 90 day report rejected due to his TM.30 needing to be updated, but does seem to be quite a coincidence at the very least.  As I said, it will be interesting to see if others get the same rejection remark going forward.  Personally, my next 90 day report is at the end of February.  I was planning on doing it online as usual, without making any reference to the TM.30, and seeing what happens.  However, should others get the same rejection notice, then I will be forewarned and prepare a TM.30 along with my TM.47.

What actually is an updated TM30? 

In any event I have appointment for 90 report MTT next week as there is a current problem for some trying to use online report.

One thing I won't be taking is a TM30.

I will take lease along just in case. 

On 1/22/2021 at 8:26 AM, Pawpal said:

the TM30 I submitted online last November 

Now it is your first 90 day report and was online rejected. 

You asking why? 

Simply as that. They have no valid TM30 ????

They want to see you in person.

IM officer want a proof of your address.

Rent contract, Chanote, Blue book, picture of your house, msp, witness aso.

If you are living in BKK(as you say) there should be no problem at all. 

Archived