U.S., staying in WHO, to join COVID vaccine push for poor nations - Fauci

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wonderful a first step back to what America should (imo)be an example of good giving a hand up when possible not a boot on the neck of those less fortunate 

It is those rich countries who will pay for the poor country vaccines. If you destroy the economy of the well managed and responsible nations how do you expect them to help those less developed a

Actually, given the much lower costs of medical care virtually everywhere else in the world, Medicare should pay rather than have Americans return for expensive treatments.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Joe Biden intends to join the COVAX vaccine facility that aims to deliver coronavirus vaccines to poor countries

only after all the rich ones have had their fill

• Confused 1
2 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

only after all the rich ones have had their fill

I suppose as long as they get a shot in the arm, it's better than nothing.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, John Drake said:

How about making Covid vaccines available to Americans living in Thailand who, it appears, are excluded from Thai vaccine programs.

They will be available via private hospitals.  Even Thais can't get jabs right now.

• Thanks 1
Just now, John Drake said:

That is speculation. When? What hospitals? The embassy told us in its email to follow the rules for Thai vaccination procedures. What are those rules for Americans? Most everyone on these fora have said Americans and other expats will and should be last in line behind any Thais getting the vaccine. Will that actually be the case? Many, if not most Americans are in the age vulnerable group for Covid. Being last in line could be a death sentence. If Fauci wants to help send vaccines to the rest of world, which I do favor, then he should also make provisions for his fellow citizens and taxpayers who are unable to get the vaccine where they reside or who will be last in line.

I never got an email from the Embassy and I'm registered there.  Makes sense they focus on Thais first, this is their country after all and if we really want a jab, we can go back to our home countries for a free one.  Harsh, but reality.

There have been several threads here about private hospitals offering jabs.  Just no specific details as they are no jabs available anywhere here in Thailand.  We'll just have to wait and see how this pans out.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
4 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Returning is the right thing to do but the problem I have is the amount U.S. was contributing 145 million?  I say pay what everyone is paying!

Just curious. You favor a “flat tax”? Or do you allow for a graduated taxation dependent on total income?

• Confused 3