Apply for Thai Residency Certificate in Bangkok

Appreciate some guidance on applying for the Thai Residency Certificate (valid for 30 days?):

1. Where - at Chaeng Wattana or Impact Muang Thong Tani?

2. I have a Non-O (Marriage) visa valid until April 2021, Receipt of Address Notification (TM30) and 90-Days Report (TM47).

What else do I need to apply for the Residence Certificate?

Tks, Lucian

6 hours ago, Lucian said:

Thanks Dr Jack for the quick response. If I need the Residence Certificate earlier than a couple of weeks, what else do I need to do? Any suggestions?

I'm not aware of any way to speed it up. There are imm offices that do it very quickly, however MTT posts it out and process can take couple of weeks but some folk report receiving them more quickly.

You can obtain a statement from your embassy but has a charge. Also some embassies do not provide them. Oz being one.

Tks Dr Jack. Went to MTT this morning to process my application for a Residence Cert; all in took me 20 minutes - get application form, fill in form,  submit form + relevant documents checked by staff, directed to the next room with a queue number and was attended to almost immediately, officer checked documents and entered details into her computer, paid THB200 and then she wrote a receipt with a EMS Post tracking number. Will only receive the Cert via EMS Post in 2 or 3 weeks time, said the officer.

Update 24 Jan 2021 Sunday:

Just received via EMS the Residency Certificate from Immigration that I applied for on Friday. The "certificate" was dated 22 Jan (Friday). Wouldn't it be easier if they had issued the "cert" to me on Friday when I was there? This is definitely T.I.T.

PS: Now...the challenge is how soon can I get an "appointment" to apply for a driving license at DLT.

15 minutes ago, Lucian said:

Update 24 Jan 2021 Sunday:

Just received via EMS the Residency Certificate from Immigration that I applied for on Friday. The "certificate" was dated 22 Jan (Friday). Wouldn't it be easier if they had issued the "cert" to me on Friday when I was there? This is definitely T.I.T.

PS: Now...the challenge is how soon can I get an "appointment" to apply for a driving license at DLT.

Hells Bells you obtained the RC that quick. Great.

Think I mentioned earlier that if you have grief trying to obtain an appointment for DL you may wish to use agent. That's my plan as agent Fatboys have told me that can obtain an appointment.

Think this guy @ThailandRyan tried obtaining DL by just rocking up early with all his paperwork and was successful. Might be worth a try.

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Hells Bells you obtained the RC that quick. Great.

Think I mentioned earlier that if you have grief trying to obtain an appointment for DL you may wish to use agent. That's my plan as agent Fatboys have told me that can obtain an appointment.

Think this guy @ThailandRyan tried obtaining DL by just rocking up early with all his paperwork and was successful. Might be worth a try.

I had an appointment scheduled for 9/11, but I rocked up on the actual date of 9/11, yes September 11th, and not November 9th, being that I had all my paperwork, as well as my certificate for the DLT on-line class I had taken which was expiring soon, the same as my COR.  If challenged I would have feigned stupidity as I look at date here like I do in the west with the month first then the date second.  Got into the Que at Chatuchak DLT on the right side, waited for the ladies to arrive at the desk, walked up with all my papers, they just glanced at everything, gave me a que number, and within 15 minutes I was upstairs with no issues.  They were actually surprised I had completed the on-line DLT course, which is in Thai.  Once the lady at the desk started the process, I went upstairs and did the 4 tests, then into the video room to watch the 45 minute video.  Back down to the 2nd floor, queued up again and within 15 minutes was back at the desk, where the lady reviewed all the paperwork, and printed out my 2 DL's one for a motor bike, the other for a private car.  Off I walked before lunch.

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

, and printed out my 2 DL's one for a motor bike, the other for a private car. 

Ryan did you obtain 2 RC at immigration or only 1.

When I went to obtain the RC, I ticked bike and car and they sent me 2 RC cost 200baht per each.

Have heard that's not necessary. 

3 hours ago, Pmbkk said:

I think you'll find a great deal of the "West" don't look at the date as month first and date second - but the date first and month second - usually followed by a year for a sequence ????

Not the US or Canada.  Which is about half of the "West" by population.

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Ryan did you obtain 2 RC at immigration or only 1.

When I went to obtain the RC, I ticked bike and car and they sent me 2 RC cost 200baht per each.

Have heard that's not necessary. 

I obtained 3.  I needed one for each license, and 1 for buying my Motorcycle

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I obtained 3.  I needed one for each license, and 1 for buying my Motorcycle

At DLT they took both the one for the MC and Private car licenses.  However, when I went to get the COR I had filled out 3 forms and they said I only needed 1 form to obtain all of the COR's requested and I would get 3 separate ones in the mail.  DLT took both the car and MC COR's as they state what each one is for and they do each license as a separate packet, even though you only test the one time.  They will make copies for their files of the test sheet signed by each of the stations, and then the sheet from the video.

Archived