Marks and Spencer gone

champers

On 1/21/2021 at 9:27 PM, champers said:

In Central Festival on the basement floor; a new store selling beauty products is being readied in its place. A fond reminder of home for many Brits though prices here were prohibitively high for many. They did sell the best Jaffa cakes in Pattaya. 

There was hardly ever anybody in it, no wonder with their prices. Some things cost more than double what they cost in M/S in UK.

On 1/22/2021 at 8:54 AM, Oink said:

Marks and Spencer has gone................to the Third Floor.

Larger shop area. You may find it if you can get past the food floor. Yes they do still sell food!

Did they not leave a notice on the door stating they have moved to the third floor?

On 1/22/2021 at 9:35 AM, Guderian said:

Never mind Jaffa cakes, I'm waiting for Siamburi's to get their next shipment of Warburton's crumpets.

Just a thought - do M&S do crumpets here?

I had been waiting for months for Siamburi to get their Robinsons shredless marmalade. But can now get it with Lazada.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, champers said:

Many people comment in the decline in quality of M&S undies. Perhaps it dates back to moving the factories out of the UK to Asia during the 90s.

You aren't kidding.... with the inferior elastic and reduction in the amount of material used (and it isn't like I am  John Holmes) they aren't fit for purpose. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, possum1931 said:

So did I, but they stopped selling it at my local Tesco mini store.

I bought some a couple of weeks ago but they were just in a  McVities cellophane wrapper. I am sure they were from 7/11.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

You aren't kidding.... with the inferior elastic and reduction in the amount of material used (and it isn't like I am  John Holmes) they aren't fit for purpose. 

When I were a young man, I always bought my kegs at M&S as they fitted so well. I think they designed them for rotund, short-legged Jewish types, and that seemed to be my build. C&A, on the other hand, made their trousers for long-legged Dutch protestants grown tall on an excess of dairy food, and I could never wear them even if the legs were shortened, they never fitted me comfortably. Maybe Marks moved away from the rotund, short Jew model and that explains why their undies aren't the same? I've been buying them in Asda and Tesco for years now, much cheaper than Marks & Sparks, too.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2021 at 10:23 AM, possum1931 said:

There was hardly ever anybody in it, no wonder with their prices. Some things cost more than double what they cost in M/S in UK.

UK prices are not particularly relevant. I've never been to the UK so cannot compare... and I'm sure I'm not their only non-UK customer. I'm not surprised that imported goods cost more than at their country of origin. They are luxury items here, so if you want them, you pay the premium or just do without.  I often pop in to M&S to take advantage of their food items on sale... usually going for half price.

7 hours ago, tropo said:

UK prices are not particularly relevant. I've never been to the UK so cannot compare... and I'm sure I'm not their only non-UK customer. I'm not surprised that imported goods cost more than at their country of origin. They are luxury items here, so if you want them, you pay the premium or just do without.  I often pop in to M&S to take advantage of their food items on sale... usually going for half price.

Of course imported goods will cost more, but in this capitalist world, things go way over the top, the whole world is run by the rich to suit the rich.

The over strong Baht proves this.