Extension of stay based on Retirement, 800k method, at Chaengwattana, report

23 minutes ago, Sophon said:

The 800k for three months after application is not a new requirement, it was introduced at the same time as the 400k for the rest of the year (a couple of years ago).

Ibelieve you, yes of course but the fact is I had not integrated it, and my last extension was July 31th 2020 so five minute ago I was not sure  800, 000 were still on my account 3 months later, I have jut seen minutes ago  in the end of November I had still a little more than 1,000000, so its OK, but it is a mere chance, and it could not have been the case, how I did I do to ignore it I did not understand yet.

Obtained annual extension based on O visa on 18th December. Arrived at CW at 8am carrying passport with copies of relevant pages, likewise  updated bank book with 800k deposit, bank letter and completed application form. No prior appointment. Left CW at 11.30am with annual extension.

21 hours ago, Why Me said:

b. 12 months of bank statements from/certified by the bank.

Not in CM.
I renewed my extension last week, original updated bank book (and copies) + a letter from bank. 

Statement copy was not required for 800,000 method when lived in BKK !!! 

6 minutes ago, The Theory said:

Statement copy was not required for 800,000 method when lived in BKK !!!

... if your passbook is updated regularly to show every transaction. If not, you do or the min reqs can't be verified. E.g., my passbook has a total of 20 entries from a/c opening in 2018 to date though my statement has 100s.

9 minutes ago, Why Me said:

... if your passbook is updated regularly to show every transaction. If not, you do or the min reqs can't be verified. E.g., my passbook has a total of 20 entries from a/c opening in 2018 to date though my statement has 100s.

Perhaps since my bank account was a "fixed account" that makes it easy for them to see 1 year of transactions, not more than a page for one year ????????

1 minute ago, The Theory said:

Perhaps since my bank account was a "fixed account" that makes it easy for them to see 1 year of transactions, not more than 2 pages ????????

Ok, that explains it. Mine is a savings a/c which I use all the time. An FD a/c is safest for sure, no chance of dropping < 800k on a careless withdrawal. And babes and booze can't get to it either.

I did my extension last week with no problems including mu bank letter and bank book like usual to my surprise this time the IO make me go down to KB office to get a  1 year bank statement report (200 baht). why? after 15 years doing this....i guess is up to the discretion of the IO anyway no complain from me just did it as per her request and done with my extension  in 20 minutes even without any appointment went there (CW) at 1 pm. I did not apply for re-entry not knowing what is going to happen with the pandemic. thanks to why me for your report great.

5 minutes ago, lagarto said:

I did my extension last week with no problems including mu bank letter and bank book like usual to my surprise this time the IO make me go down to KB office to get a  1 year bank statement report (200 baht).

What is a "1 year bank statement report"?

It was 12 month bank statements printed on the spot? Why was it required. 

I did my extension at CW and as per usual just bank letter and bankbook photocopies.

22 minutes ago, Why Me said:

Ok, that explains it. Mine is a savings a/c which I use all the time. An FD a/c is safest for sure, no chance of dropping < 800k on a careless withdrawal. And babes and booze can't get to it either.

Does not explain it to me. I use a FD account 600k+  along with savings account same bank 200k+

Last year due to Covid my 2 week trip on Koh Samed turned into 7 months. I ran savings a/c (emergency fund) down to zip. Then 2 months prior to extension made trip to bkk just to extension back up to 200k+ 

Point is I never updated for many months (no banks on Samed) and yet no issue at CW.

If you use savings a/c over (think it's 20 transactions per month, not sure) they get consolidated. 

18 hours ago, EricTh said:

Renewing our retirement has always been a nightmare and it will get even worse with more and more requirements. The next step is to be Covid-free.

I cannot understand why you do not use an agent instead of putting up with everchanging rules, one IO differs from the next, new bosses come in and assert their authority which means more changing of rules and ends up with more confused people.

13 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I cannot understand why you do not use an agent instead of putting up with everchanging rules, one IO differs from the next, new bosses come in and assert their authority which means more changing of rules and ends up with more confused people.

Although using an agent makes it very easy it's still 12,500+ vs 1,900 and there's always a risk it could suddenly be stopped but I appreciate Immigration would prefer people to use agents

The OP is trying to make a straightforward procedure rediculously complicated. If you look at Thai Visa Forums own requirements to assist in renewal, the only documents they require are as follows:

orignal passport 

-2 photos of 2x2 

-Letter of Bank guarantee with money to show of 800,000 Baht 

See:

Thaivisa launches new visa service for expats in Thailand - Thai visas, residency and work permits - Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation

11 minutes ago, zombie nights said:

The OP is trying to make a straightforward procedure rediculously complicated. If you look at Thai Visa Forums own requirements to assist in renewal, the only documents they require are as follows:

That is what an agent wrote not Thai Visa.

You can be sure more than what is listed is needed.

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I used an agent for my very first extension last year. I am glad I did because there were issues in the transition from a regular non O to the extension I wasn't aware of. The agent sorted the matter out with the IO though I was forced to make a taxi dash to my ex-employer for paperwork which the IO deemed essential.

But after that first one I didn't think I needed an agent any more and it all worked out fine on Thursday. So if you ask me I would say use an agent for the very first extension in case of unexpected transition problems, and then no need. Rules are really not "everchanging". I would say keep the paperwork I listed in hand, even though as many have pointed out all of it might not be necessary. Also this forum is a great resource, particularly, experts like UbonJoe who patiently allow their brains to be picked. It's really from following multiple threads here that I compiled the list of docs to take.

Of course, if you don't mind the 15k or so for an agent then you are assured complete peace of mind. But it really is no big deal to DIY.

3 minutes ago, Why Me said:

I used an agent for my very first extension last year. I am glad I did because there were issues in the transition from a regular non O to the extension I wasn't aware of. The agent sorted the matter out with the IO though I was forced to make a taxi dash to my ex-employer for paperwork which the IO deemed essential.

But after that first one I didn't think I needed an agent any more and it all worked out fine on Thursday. So if you ask me I would say use an agent for the very first extension in case of unexpected transition problems, and then no need. Rules are really not "everchanging". I would say keep the paperwork I listed in hand, even though as many have pointed out all of it might not be necessary. Also this forum is a great resource, particularly, experts like UbonJoe who patiently allow their brains to be picked. It's really from following multiple threads here that I compiled the list of docs to take.

Of course, if you don't mind the 15k or so for an agent then you are assured complete peace of mind. But it really is no big deal to DIY.

You made a good post until your very last sentence.

4 minutes ago, Why Me said:

For your first legit extension after using the agent, you had 800k/400k in for the required 12 months from last application? 

5 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Unfortunately, some of us aren't rich enough to hire agents and pay their exorbitant fees.

So we have to put up with more and more requirements every year and the documents required seem to be increasing every year.

1 minute ago, EricTh said:

Unfortunately, some of us aren't rich enough to hire agents and pay their exorbitant fees.

So we have to put up with more and more requirements every year and the documents required seem to be increasing every year.

Depends on what sort of service you want.

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

So we have to put up with more and more requirements every year and the documents required seem to be increasing every year

Can you outline the 'more and more requirements EVERY year.....'

We had change re money in bank in last couple of years. So that's one.

And the others? 

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

For your first legit extension after using the agent, you had 800k/400k in for the required 12 months from last application? 

Sure, I had 800k+ all the time starting months before my first extension. The issues with my first extension, which the agent resolved, were nothing to do with money in the bank. It was something technical about canceling my work visa. My agent spent a fair bit of time with the IO discussing the matter, then told me I needed to get some kind of official doc from my ex-employer's HRD, which I had him on the phone with the HRD to explain. And then I had to rush over to pick up the doc which HRD were kind enough to prepare right away. It all ended well and I got the extension the same day (after a few stressful hours). So as I said I was grateful to have an agent with me.

But, again, I didn't think I needed it after the first one, which turned it out to be right.

20 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Being 15,000 baht or so better off maybe?

On 1/21/2021 at 8:11 PM, homeseeker said:

I did my extension last week at CW.

OP: I realize you are motivated by helfulness so well done, but you are making a mountain out of a molehill!

Dear oh dear:

Have a nice day!

I agree.  I didn't need all the extra stuff the OP wrote about.  I also didn't need a copy of my lease, so one less thing than they asked of you.

(I HAVE ATTACHED THE EXTRA FORMS THEY REQUIRED TO THIS POST)

To clarify, these are the exact things I was required to submit in addition to the TM7 application form:

• Copy of passport (photo page, prior Non-O visa stamp page, TM6 card front and back)
  • Copy of bank passbook (copied at copy shop in basement of CW building after depositing 100 baht in my account on the day of my extension application)
  • Bank letter (generated by the bank in basement of CW building on the day of my extension application)
  • Map showing where I live (quick map drawn by hand)

I was also given the following forms to fill out (see attachments):

• Statement (no other name than that, though there is something written in Thai in the upper right - this is quite the confusing form)
  • Criteria for Consideration of Granting an Alien's Extension of Stay in the Kingdom Attachment to the Order of the Royal Thai Police no 548/2562 dated September 27, 2019 (this is basically a list of requirements that they make you look at and sign on the bottom)
  • The standard "Acknowledgment of Penalties for a Visa Overstay" that everyone gets now.
  • The standard "Acknowledgement of Terms and Conditions for Permit of Temporary Stay in the Kingdom of Thailand (STM.2)" that everyone gets now.

The attachments of the forms to this post aren't really of submission quality, but I DO suggest you familiarize yourself with that first one, the nameless "Statement" as it's a little confusing!  You basically put your own name and information down multiple times on the same form.

Statement.jpg   Criteria.jpg

Acknowledgment Overstay.jpg  stm.2.jpg

18 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

And the others? 

(1) Mandatory health insurance for original OA visa holders

(2) Monthly 65k transfers into Thai bank accounts in place of embassy income confirmations for Brits, Aussies and Americans

That makes 3 significant changes in 2 years. Hopefully that will prove to be the exception rather than the rule going forward - but this being Thailand..........

18 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

And the others? 

- Min 800k 3 months after approval

- Min 400K afterwards

- 12 months bank statements

- TM 30 requirement and photocopy

- Mandatory health insurance for OA visa

When I did this 4 years ago, I only had to make sure min 800k before application and also bank letter. None of these other requirements.

The bank statement is silly especially since everything is already on the bank book.

What next ? Vaccine cert and Covid-free cert? Raise 800k to 1 million?

18 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Min 800k 3 months after approval

- Min 400K afterwards

- 12 months bank statements

- TM 30 requirement and photocopy

- Mandatory health insurance for OA visa

The one change to money in bank. Yes.

12 month bank statements  required. No

TM30 not required. No

Mandatory health insurance for OA extensions. Yes however normally easy to change to non O by exit country then re-enter on visa exempt and obtain non O at immigration. Many have done this as the insurance policy is worthless.

Agree that is not convenient but possible.

(obviously with borders currently closed need to wait to ditch the non O-A)

Archived