Thai scientists race to develop homemade COVID-19 vaccine amid second wave of infections

webfact

9 hours ago, Lenny the Loser said:

Silly boy. It's bleach. Injected, as per the recommendation of one world leader (errrmm, ex-leader).

I might have to buy some. I can't find full strength bleach anywhere in the stores. I guess the idea is that it's too dangerous.

I would suggest they stock it in the stores right next to the benign potassium hydroxide that's readily available in plastic bags and will dissolve flesh and bones rather quickly. 

Why all this pussy-footing around, maybe have some trials in April?

They can have the license for the AZ vax now. They have pharmaceutical producing plants in the country. They should be mass producing the AZ now and mass immunizing every Thai and foreigner who wants to be vaccinated.   

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Don Chance said:

You would think they could just borrow the formula for AstraZeneca from India or find it on the internet somewhere?

I realize that pharmacies need to make money but in this case, of a world pandemic, patents should be off!

They will crib it from somewhere and of course lay claim to it from the hub of vaccines 

3 hours ago, TSF said:

Why all this pussy-footing around, maybe have some trials in April?

They can have the license for the AZ vax now. They have pharmaceutical producing plants in the country. They should be mass producing the AZ now and mass immunizing every Thai and foreigner who wants to be vaccinated.   

For interest the pharma. facility paid for by the previous King is supposedly world class, the reason that Oxford university has entered into a manufacturing agreement with them, to manufacture for the local market and supply to SE Asia. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Artisi said:

For interest the pharma. facility paid for by the previous King is supposedly world class, the reason that Oxford university has entered into a manufacturing agreement with them, to manufacture for the local market and supply to SE Asia. 

and is anything happening now?

18 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

A friend who is well connected says that the new Thai vaccine for Covid-19 is based on extract of shrimp. Rumour is that it has microscopic amount of lemongrass and Thai chillies too. Shipments are expected to start in Samut Sakhon.

Fits to the idea:

THAILANDThai tourism operators want to offer vaccination-inclusive packages

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sathornlover said:

Yes I am sure they would not consider using a "substitute vaccine which is less costly, and damn the consequences.

I would not trust a tour operator to be ethical over a vaccine, when truth often does not enter into their business plan.

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

Yes I am sure they would not consider using a "substitute vaccine which is less costly, and damn the consequences.

I would not trust a tour operator to be ethical over a vaccine, when truth often does not enter into their business plan.

Is that right? - - tour operators and used car salesmen have the same high standard of ethics ????