I stayed at the Golden Tulip and it was an excellent experience, great food, great room, great service and 43,000B all in... I would recommend this hotel to anyone... 

14 hours ago, aldriglikvid said:

Hi guys, 

Overwhelmed with options so I'm doing a small call-out here. My budget is ~50k and I wonder what places you like? ūüôā

I stayed at Centre Point Silom in Dec. Did a lot of reading of ASQ site looking at hundreds of reports. 

Great Wifi , Netflix and all Premiership Football . Food was good ( not fabulous) Planning to return there if still reqd next Autumn. 

14 hours ago, aldriglikvid said:

Overwhelmed with options so I'm doing a small call-out here.

Another excellent resource is an ASQ group for real time reviews, pictures, videos, help from people on the ground in quarantine at the moment/just finished/on their way: https://www.facebook.com/groups/298606387906884/

Very helpful group happy to answer any questions. A lot of the hotels also have reps in the group so you can get answers from the horses mouth as it where.

I chose the Best Bella Pattaya where I got a large room with large balcony overlooking the sea plus kitchenette with a full fridge and microwave to heat up the cold food served each day for 45,000 baht.

• Confused 1

Good to see recommendations.   And Richard would do it again.  I'm really not sure I could handle 15 days so confined.  

7 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Good to see recommendations.   And Richard would do it again.  I'm really not sure I could handle 15 days so confined.  

Obviously I wouldn't do it again if I had a choice, but I consider quarantining to return to my family also quarantining when going to work (middle east) something I have little choice about and thus accept it. 

Quarantine is not a big issue, its just about remaining in the right mental state. 

Having to do quarantine is out of our control if we wish to return to Thailand, so the only thing we can do is place ourselves in the mental position of being very acceptant instead of internally debating the necessity.

A bit of space, a decent view and decent food make a big difference. 

For me, decent coffee made a big difference.

No issues whatsoever without booze, in fact I think its better without booze to maintain a healthy mental state (to place that last statement in perspective - I enjoy a drink and meet friends a few times a week for some beers and usually drink with most evening meals).

• Like 1
13 hours ago, davidcraig said:

I chose the Best Bella Pattaya where I got a large room with large balcony overlooking the sea plus kitchenette with a full fridge and microwave to heat up the cold food served each day for 45,000 baht.

How did you get there from Suvarnabhumi? What are the options?

8 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Obviously I wouldn't do it again if I had a choice, but I consider quarantining to return to my family also quarantining when going to work (middle east) something I have little choice about and thus accept it. 

Quarantine is not a big issue, its just about remaining in the right mental state. 

Having to do quarantine is out of our control if we wish to return to Thailand, so the only thing we can do is place ourselves in the mental position of being very acceptant instead of internally debating the necessity.

A bit of space, a decent view and decent food make a big difference. 

For me, decent coffee made a big difference.

No issues whatsoever without booze, in fact I think its better without booze to maintain a healthy mental state (to place that last statement in perspective - I enjoy a drink and meet friends a few times a week for some beers and usually drink with most evening meals).

I still think they should allow you a "wife" to shack up with. 555  But maybe 14 days would be too much. 555

8 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Having to do quarantine is out of our control if we wish to return to Thailand, so the only thing we can do is place ourselves in the mental position of being very acceptant instead of internally debating the necessity

Someone i know also had to do the quarantine in Bangkok,he enrolled in an intensive online

Thai language course.

Amazing how much he learned,can almost decipher all Thai reading!

Maybe the government should throw that into the bargain.