What is happening to this website, Thaivisa?

koratkarlos

It's called monetization....they don't care about your experience...they only care if you come here and get a popup ad which means they generate revenue. Because this site is rather unique and in a way has a captive audience and little competition...they simply will exploit it to the fullest extent possible.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Bangyai said:

For sure , it scares away more business than it attracts when it is shoved against your nose interrupting your pleasure

Obviously, and unfortunately, it doesn't, or companies wouldn't buy into these advertising schemes.

The ThaiVisa site has had a lot of issues recently and it appears that they have been switching technologies from Cloudflare to another Content Delivery Network (CDN). I've had several outages in the last week and now get their homepage with advertising but no content (see below). I find the forum very useful but overburdened by intrusive advertising - it's not quite unusable yet but not far off. Why not consider a subscription service for those of us willing to pay a small fee for a better experience without the no value adverts? Has anyone here every bought off the adverts anyway?

image.png.bc9103e0a8cefa9f3bd3318506a63389.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Half the money I spend on advertising is wasted; the trouble is, I don't know which half." John Wanamaker

The volume of advertising you see on a page is decided by the web developer; the affiliate links embedded in the ads are usually are tailored to you based on your browsing habits, via Google's AdSense program. 

14 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Never 

29 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

The ThaiVisa site has had a lot of issues recently and it appears that they have been switching technologies from Cloudflare to another Content Delivery Network (CDN). I've had several outages in the last week and now get their homepage with advertising but no content (see below). I find the forum very useful but overburdened by intrusive advertising - it's not quite unusable yet but not far off. Why not consider a subscription service for those of us willing to pay a small fee for a better experience without the no value adverts? Has anyone here every bought off the adverts anyway?

image.png.bc9103e0a8cefa9f3bd3318506a63389.png

Even when i,m in the market for something,i just bin and never consider using annoying pop ups or misleading pricing in adverts it just tells me one thing if they have to resort to those type of tactics they,re wrong ,uns.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChristianBlessing said:

"Half the money I spend on advertising is wasted; the trouble is, I don't know which half." John Wanamaker

The volume of advertising you see on a page is decided by the web developer; the affiliate links embedded in the ads are usually are tailored to you based on your browsing habits, via Google's AdSense program. 

The web developer decides nothing, they do as they have been told.

33 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

Previous management tried to introduce a subscription service, but found massive member resistance to the idea and scrapped it. 

• Thanks 1