Pattaya: 161 slot machines found near a school - another tip from the public

webfact

Pattaya: 161 slot machines found near a school - another tip from the public

1pm.jpg
Picture: Daily News

Senior police from Chonburi and Bang Lamung officials with a search warrant from the Pattaya court raided business premises near a school yesterday. 

In two separate areas they found 161slot machines.

Some are old and some had been moved there in recent months, said the police. 

There was evidence that people had been living at the premises with bedding, plates and cutlery and a motorbike.

The raid was made after a member of the public contacted the police with concerns about the spread of Covid-19 on the Line Official Gambling Report app. 

Source: Daily News

I have to laugh when I see all the hoopla about illegal gambling and covid. What about all these shady little online gambling shops, with the opaque glazing on the front door and usually a few football club insignias on the door. There are seven on our road alone. And hundreds in the city I live in. What are they about? Talk about eyes wide shut

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thequietman said:

Surely bar girls could be labelled as 'Slot Machines' and are equally illegal. None of them are working at the moment

???? not in my town!

Slowed down but still working.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The raid was made after a member of the public contacted the police with concerns about the spread of Covid-19 on the Line Official Gambling Report app.

Even Thais are getting tired of the gambling addiction becoming a threat to lives and incomes.

All part of the plan.

Raids and arrests.  Showing it's out of control.  All that black money going to criminals.

Then sell the public on controlling gambling, putting the criminals out of work, and have the profits benefit the country.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Leaver said:

All part of the plan.

Raids and arrests.  Showing it's out of control.  All that black money going to criminals.

Then sell the public on controlling gambling, putting the criminals out of work, and have the profits benefit the country.

You get all this from some 'rat' hoping for a kickback from the police?

6 hours ago, Leaver said:

Do you really believe "rats" have suddenly decided to inform?   

Not suddenly... not sure where I wrote that.

Last report relating to the shisha smoking den in soi 8 suggested foreigners were used.... but to uncover a beer bar having a closed shutters could be detected by any old street stroller.