Thai driver with TWO HUNDRED traffic tickets arrested after going through red lights yet again

webfact

2 hours ago, m Stender said:

In many European countries would the car be impounded already, the same if you are driving without your driver license present

Let's say each ticket is THB500. At 200 tickets it will cost her THB 100,000. The car may not even worth THB 100,000. ????

Edited by LoliLoso
Spelling

Allowing someone to rack up 200 tickets, many of which are for red light jumping (I assume) is outrageous - the police are effectively ‘causing’ a major smash with their inaction (a major smash waiting to happen).

The apathy and ineffectiveness of law enforcement is a direct contributing factor to the atrocious accident rates and death toll on Thailands roads. 

Is she really Greek? After all the Greeks call the RED light Greek GREEN.

Having said that I appears the police didn't care about the other 199 violations each one could have resulted in an innocent person death.

There is always talk about reducing the road deaths yet this person is allowed to create almost 200 potential accidents any one of which could have resulted in fatalities.

There is so much wrong with this attitude.

• Like 2

May I point out that not all traffic signals have a camera . So she only got snapped 200 times at the ones that had a camera.

But I suppose some of the tickets couldd have been for speeding or...

It is great here. I love it.

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The apathy and ineffectiveness of law enforcement is a direct contributing factor to the atrocious accident rates and death toll on Thailands roads. 

Richard.

We don't all want to live in your idea of a fascist-like state. We like the "flexibility" of Thai law enforcement.

On 22/01/2021 at 11:27 AM, CharlieH said:

Remove the licence, crush the car.

She should never have been allowed to reach that number to start with.

Poor car ..  it did nothing wrong.crush the women Not the car.as losing the licence will he no good.

12 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

May I point out that not all traffic signals have a camera . So she only got snapped 200 times at the ones that had a camera.

But I suppose some of the tickets couldd have been for speeding or...

All 200 could have all been at one light.  Figuring it's green half the time, if she passed it once every day it would be just over a year before she's up to 200 tickets.  A lot quicker if she passes the same light several times a day.