What do you make of this? (Covid extension with 90 day report slip)

I entered Thailand in March 2020 on a METV.  Been here since by way of amnesty, 30 day tourist extension, and 60 day covid extensions.

I applied today, at CM immigration, for a 2nd covid extension and received an under consideration stamp to return on Feb. 9th, 19 days from now.  The IO also stapled a 90 day report reminder with a date of April 21.

Why would the 90 day report reminder be attached as well?

20210122_103112.jpg

Because you have stayed longer than 90 consecutive days in the country.

From section 37 of chapter 4 of the immigration act.

"5. If the alien stays in the Kingdom longer than ninety days, such alien must notify the
competent official at the Immigration Division , in writing , concerning his place of stay , as soon as
possible upon expiration of ninety days. The alien is required to do so every ninety days. Where there is
an Immigration Office , the alien may notify a competent Immigration Official of that office."

Anybody that stays longer than 90 days are required to do the report but many offices have not been enforcing it for those getting short stay extensions.

1 minute ago, TSF said:

200 baths a day are gonna keep you busy and squeaky clean.????

The do not charge the 200 baht a day for late reporting. The standard fine is 2000 baht.

There is a bit of scaremongering on that slip to get people to do them apparently.

25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

"5. If the alien stays in the Kingdom longer than ninety days, such alien must notify the
competent official at the Immigration Division , in writing , concerning his place of stay , as soon as
possible upon expiration of ninety days. The alien is required to do so every ninety days. Where there is
an Immigration Office , the alien may notify a competent Immigration Official of that office."

Anybody that stays longer than 90 days are required to do the report but many offices have not been enforcing it for those getting short stay extensions.

Since I move around a fair bit between hotels, airbnb, and different provinces, how do go about this?  I've never really worried about TM30 unless needed for an extension and I've never done a 90 day report before.

14 minutes ago, SAcanman said:

Since I move around a fair bit between hotels, airbnb, and different provinces, how do go about this?  I've never really worried about TM30 unless needed for an extension and I've never done a 90 day report before.

Hotels and etc where you stay should be doing TM30 reports.

When the 90 day report is due (or 15 days before or 7 days after) go to the immigration office for where you're staying and submit a TM47 form with the address for where you are staying at that time on it. Show them a receipt for where you are staying and they can check it in their records to see if they did a TM30 report.

52 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I don´t understand this. With a one year extension I get it. Here you have to show yourself or report online every 90 days because you have no need to exit the country or visit immigration.

What this guy is talking about is a maximum of 60 day extension, which means he have to visit again to make a new extension or leave the country before his 90 day report. If he go in and apply for a new extension, then he will always give information in wroting about his place of stay together with document of proof. Why does he need a 90 day report slip?

10 minutes ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

I don´t understand this. With a one year extension I get it. Here you have to show yourself or report online every 90 days because you have no need to exit the country or visit immigration.

I don't get it either - I've not done one because I've always been on 30 or 60 day extensions. My extensions haven't been rejected yet.... perhaps I should do one?

37 minutes ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

If he go in and apply for a new extension, then he will always give information in wroting about his place of stay together with document of proof.

Only the first extension of stay application is considered as a 90 day report. People getting 90 day extensions (informal schools and volunteers)  have to do reports even though they are doing a new application every 90 day.

37 minutes ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Why does he need a 90 day report slip?

Because that is what the immigration act says. He has stayed longer than 90 consecutive days.

3 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

I don't get it either - I've not done one because I've always been on 30 or 60 day extensions. My extensions haven't been rejected yet.... perhaps I should do one?

As I wrote before most immigration offices are not asking for them if you are only doing 60 or 30 day extensions. I think they just don't want to deal with those extra reports.

24 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Only the first extension of stay application is considered as 90 day a report.

Where does the immigration act state that? If they don´t, that mean the offices that not apply what you say is law, might be the ones that reads the law in the right way instead of the ones enforcing something that there is no foundation for.

To be able to enforce what you are saying some don´t do, there must be somewhere it stands that only the first extension are treated like a 90 day report. Otherwise there is nothing to enforce.

If so, then the table turns! Then it would only be some offices enforcing some mubo-jumbo that does not exist.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

As I wrote before most immigration offices are not asking for them if you are only doing 60 or 30 day extensions. I think they just don't want to deal with those extra reports.

Ok, thanks Ubonjoe. I'll try and do one online to make sure I don't have any trouble in the future.

11 minutes ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Where does the immigration act state that? If they don´t, that mean the offices that not apply what you say is law, might be the ones that reads the law in the right way instead of the ones enforcing something that there is no foundation for.

To be able to enforce what you are saying some don´t do, there must be somewhere it stands that only the first extension are treated like a 90 day report. Otherwise there is nothing to enforce.

It's written somewhere on the Immigration website, I don't remember where exactly, but I've seen it myself in the past.

So most likely they once issued a police order stating this.

20 minutes ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

The immigration website states it.

"5. The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days."

Source: https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1666

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

The do not charge the 200 baht a day for late reporting. The standard fine is 2000 baht.

There is a bit of scaremongering on that slip to get people to do them apparently.

I was just joking Joe, they misspelled baht on the 90-day receipt, and it reads 200 "Bath"

5 minutes ago, TSF said:

I was just joking Joe, they misspelled baht on the 90-day receipt, and it reads 200 "Bath"

It is a common mistake and some spell checks with change it to bath. .

I was mostly commenting about it not being enforced not it being a typo.

Archived